Wish India had a great batsman like Mohammad Yousuf

The Master

Re: Wish India had a great batsman like Mohammad Yousuf So he has had one good season - it's still not good enough to consider him as an all-time great. He might be regarded as one by a narrow-minded nation like pakistan which has never produced great batsmen. He is now in the same league as the likes of Michael Vaughan or Dennis Amiss - decent players, good to watch, and both had some incredible streaks. In short - close, but no cigar. I eagerly await Pakistan's tour of SA...there i reckon he'll be found out big time.

Re: Wish India had a great batsman like Mohammad Yousuf ^ Hmmm...im not sure. He still dosent match Fatso for matchwinningness. Not even sure about best batsman post 2000- if thats what your getting at- his averages vs Aus and Saf need some boosting. Although I wouldnt bet agst him doing just that if they tour anytime soon...

Re: Wish India had a great batsman like Mohammad Yousuf every good batsman goes through a purple patch in his career.... some make it really count and some dont.... the real greats are the ones whose entire career is one big purple patches with jus blotches in between...

Re: Wish India had a great batsman like Mohammad Yousuf Javed Miandad is the only retired Pakistani batsman to have a Test average of 50+... Inzi averaged in the 40s for most of his career, and then he hit a golden period of form last year, where he took his career average well in to the 50s. Now it's teetering on falling back into the 40s, and that's where it'll be when his career finishes... Yousuf has hit form now, and is cashing in on it big time. I will say quite honestly, he was the best batsman in the world this year, with Ponting close behind. That said, he spent most of his career as average, and was averaging in the 40s before this year. I think the same will happen to him when form deserts him...

Re: Wish India had a great batsman like Mohammad Yousuf

He might be regarded as one by a narrow-minded nation like pakistan which has never produced great batsmen.
Easy now... Way to go generalising a whole nation :roll: As for your actual statement, that too is extremely laughable. Just because a lot of Pakistanis are always mocking India for never producing a genuine pacer, it's not necessary for you to go down a same road and start clutching at straws. Enough with the metaphors from me. Miandad is undoubtedly a great batsman no matter what anyone says. He is regarded as one of the best by many of those that played against him and his stats don't lie. Inzy is from the same era as Sachin and Yousuf from the same era as Dravid so how come even though all four have similar records, you'll no doubt class Sachin and Dravid as greats but not so Inzy and Yousuf? Especially considering that the pitches they have played the majority of their careers on are virtually the same in terms of behaviour.
Guest dada_rocks

He might be regarded as one by a narrow-minded nation like pakistan which has never produced great batsmen.
Easy now... Way to go generalising a whole nation :roll: As for your actual statement, that too is extremely laughable. Just because a lot of Pakistanis are always mocking India for never producing a genuine pacer, it's not necessary for you to go down a same road and start clutching at straws. Enough with the metaphors from me. Miandad is undoubtedly a great batsman no matter what anyone says. He is regarded as one of the best by many of those that played against him and his stats don't lie. Inzy is from the same era as Sachin and Yousuf from the same era as Dravid so how come even though all four have similar records, you'll no doubt class Sachin and Dravid as greats but not so Inzy and Yousuf? Especially considering that the pitches they have played the majority of their careers on are virtually the same in terms of behaviour.
Get informed when dravid debuted sachin has already played 7 years of internation cricket under his belt and when yosuf debted in 98 he had played 9 years of cricket. Incidently this is more or less advent of parataha bowling era. YOusuf's or for that matter inzi or anyone else's scorecard outside home does paint an unfavourable picture.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Wish India had a great batsman like Mohammad Yousuf prolific prataa bowlign started in 21th century just one look at the averages of these pretendere before 2000 and u will separate men from boys

prolific prataa bowlign started in 21th century just one look at the averages of these pretendere before 2000 and u will separate men from boys
Yes 'Paratha bowling' started exactly after 2001 conveniently just so you could prove your point regards Yousuf and Inzy. I mean in 2000 every team had a bowling attack of Holding, Marshall and Garner and then suddenly it all went downhill on one fateful day in 2001.

Get informed when dravid debuted sachin has already played 7 years of internation cricket under his belt and when yosuf debted in 98 he had played 9 years of cricket. Incidently this is more or less advent of parataha bowling era. YOusuf's or for that matter inzi or anyone else's scorecard outside home does paint an unfavourable picture.
You get informed and learn to read. I said Inzy and Sachin are of a similar era, and Dravid and Yousuf are also roughly of the same time i.e. Inzy and Sachin debuted within a close time scale of one another and same for Yousuf and Dravid.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Wish India had a great batsman like Mohammad Yousuf check the other thread all your doubts will get cleared dravid averaged 50 even when there was no paratah bowling on offer unlike yousuf who was tottering in low 40's may be this has sthg to do.

check the other thread all your doubts will get cleared dravid averaged 50 even when there was no paratah bowling on offer unlike yousuf who was tottering in low 40's may be this has sthg to do.
I am not doubting the fact that Dravid averaged over 50 pre-2001. I'm just disagreeing with you about the fact that there is that much difference in quality at all in the bowling attacks pre and post 2001.

I am not doubting the fact that Dravid averaged over 50 pre-2001. I'm just disagreeing with you about the fact that there is that much difference in quality at all in the bowling attacks pre and post 2001.
There was Baadshah. Walsh, Ambrose, Donald, Pollock, Akram, Waqar, McGrath either retired around that time or were past their peaks. The only new additions on the other hand of the same quality were Akhtar(who played half and missed half) and to some extent Ntini.
Guest dada_rocks

There was Baadshah. Walsh, Ambrose, Donald, Pollock, Akram, Waqar, McGrath either retired around that time or were past their peaks. The only new additions on the other hand of the same quality were Akhtar(who played half and missed half) and to some extent Ntini.
Exactly

Re: Wish India had a great batsman like Mohammad Yousuf pre 2001, almost every team had atleast 2 strike bowlers.... wasim and waqar for pak, donald and polly for SA, srinath and kumble for india, amby and walsh for windies, mcgrath and gillespie for aus, vaas(peak) and murali for SL...