Breaking News: IPL moved out of India

SachDan

I bet the politicians will be ruing now..too bad the horse has probably bolted.I think is excellent news btw..SA would be my choice,England wouldn't be bad,although i think we'll draw larger crowds in SA and from what i hear it'll go a lot easier on the purses of franchise owners as well.meh.

If the IPL is to be held in UAE, one of the contenders for the tournament, wouldn't it clash with the Pak - Australia series ? :D he he Another canceled tour for Pak awesome. cant wait
UAE is not among the contenders since they don't have enough venues to hold a tournament of this magnitude.Especially since Sharjah is one of the blacklisted venues of ICC :((

I bet the politicians will be ruing now..too bad the horse has probably bolted.I think is excellent news btw..SA would be my choice' date=England wouldn't be bad,although i think we'll draw larger crowds in SA and from what i hear it'll go a lot easier on the purses of franchise owners as well.meh.
please give reasons why u want it be in SA

Stupid decision and a strange reason for the shift i.e Elections I have never come across any domestic cricket of any cricketing nation being played in a neutral venue. Why play in South Africa or England, they should play in Bahamas or Fiji. Surely there won't really be much need for extra security there do we? The best place possibly would be NZ during the month of Jan/Feb. I think NZ can be a big draw for cricket in future. Wonder why they didn't have the Twenty20 champions trophy or something of that sort elsewhere? Please rename IPL as International Premier League and change the names of the teams. On top of it allow as many international players as possible to play for the teams with out a limitation. It's quite sad India and Indians will lose sizable revenue.

Well we're playing 3-4 English players in the entire IPL..and there will be other sporting events which will excite the crowds more in England.Apart from the other reasons i mentioned in my prev post.
crowds will be less anywhere lesser compared to india. its more about TV viewership.T20s invite the biggest crowds in England so if marketed properly,crowds will be there. i'm not too sure which one will be financially more viable. but considering T20 WC is to be played in england,i want IPL to be there

Guest gaurav_indian

What a shame.This indian govt doesnt care about the people.They are worried if something bad happens during the IPL they will loose their votes. IPL 2 will be a huge flop.Who will watch Rajasthan vs Delhi in South Africa.This also means that some of the South African players will be an automatic choice in the team becoz of their home country. Only positive that can come out are the pitches.This will help bowlers like Atul sharma.:finger:

Stupid decision and a strange reason for the shift i.e Elections I have never come across any domestic cricket of any cricketing nation being played in a neutral venue. Why play in South Africa or England, they should play in Bahamas or Fiji. Surely there won't really be much need for extra security there do we? The best place possibly would be NZ during the month of Jan/Feb. I think NZ can be a big draw for cricket in future. Wonder why they didn't have the Twenty20 champions trophy or something of that sort elsewhere? Please rename IPL as International Premier League and change the names of the teams. On top of it allow as many international players as possible to play for the teams with out a limitation. It's quite sad India and Indians will lose sizable revenue.
You're probably overreacting a bit mate.I don't think this is a bad decision provided its for this year alone and the stipulation for max of 4 foreign players remain. Probably the people of India feel let down as there is always a sense of possessiveness..but we have to admit our incompetance and take it in the stride.I'm sure the people will feel let down by the government.

Guest gaurav_indian
You're probably overreacting a bit mate.I don't think this is a bad decision provided its for this year alone and the stipulation for max of 4 foreign players remain. Probably the people of India feel let down as there is always a sense of possessiveness..but we have to admit our incompetance and take it in the stride.I'm sure the people will feel let down by the government.
This is a stupid decision.This is a domestic competition how can they move it to another country.This is the beginning mate just wait india will be on the same path with Pakistan.No team will tour india.This was a perfect opportunity to show the world that india is safe.They missed it. I hope this time opposition makes an issue out of this.They cant give security to 50 cricketers how will they protect the comman man.What a disgrace this govt.Did nothing after the mumbai blasts and now they are pi**ing in their pants worrying about IPL.:mad:

Over reaction???? How is it??? Have you ever come across a domestic competition played at a neutral venue??? Have you ever heard of a sporting event shifted to a neutral venue because of Elections??? It sounds plain stupid. Possessive??? Where does being possessive picture here? It's a domestic competition for heaven's sake. Wonder why India didn’t shift their parliament to a neutral venue? Wasn’t Parliament attacked by terrorists a few years ago and the security wasn’t as tight there either? Inaptitude is the right word. I guess the owners of the teams don't want the tourney cancelled and you can't play cricket in India in May. IPL this year is in shambles.