Breaking News: IPL moved out of India

SachDan

Guest gaurav_indian
Over reaction???? How is it??? Have you ever come across a domestic competition played at a neutral venue??? Have you ever heard of a sporting event shifted to a neutral venue because of Elections??? It sounds plain stupid. Possessive??? Where does being possessive picture here? It's a domestic competition for heaven's sake. Wonder why India didn’t shift their parliament to a neutral venue? Wasn’t Parliament attacked by terrorists a few years ago and the security wasn’t as tight there either? Inaptitude is the right word. I guess the owners of the teams don't want the tourney cancelled and you can't play cricket in India in May. IPL this year is in shambles.
+ 1 :nice:

BTW why can't they use private security agencies? They can employ some of the best security men from around the globe rather than spend so much money paying SA or England cricket board. On top of it they will have to incur a lot of travelling expenses. Something just doesn't sound right with this decision.

Over reaction???? How is it??? Have you ever come across a domestic competition played at a neutral venue??? Have you ever heard of a sporting event shifted to a neutral venue because of Elections??? It sounds plain stupid. Possessive??? Where does being possessive picture here? It's a domestic competition for heaven's sake. Wonder why India didn’t shift their parliament to a neutral venue? Wasn’t Parliament attacked by terrorists a few years ago and the security wasn’t as tight there either? Inaptitude is the right word. I guess the owners of the teams don't want the tourney cancelled and you can't play cricket in India in May. IPL this year is in shambles.
Well we can't expect the franchise owners to just sit by and bear all the losses..while the decision may not be popular its the correct one for the survival of the tournament. What would you do if you were in Modi's shoes and had to salvage the tournament and appease the franchises at the same time?? Inaptidude is definitely the right word alrite..not for the IPL organizing committee but our Govt and Police forces..just the other day i read a report here in B'lore..the polce for is around 89,000..what the feck do they mean they can't arrange security for 7 days during elections?? The govt were simply not ready to listen..i imagine they will be regretting it now. Another plus point of this would be,atleast imo,the 3rd season will be a big hit when it returns to India after a years absence. And the best part is..even though the format isn't ideal the youngsters will get a exposure to the conditions outside India.

Guest gaurav_indian

I just came to know that there are elections in South Africa too on April 22.:hysterical:What a shame.This indian govt s****:finger:

I just came to know that there are elections in South Africa too on April 22.:hysterical:What a shame.This indian govt s****:finger:
dude, spineless this Govt. may be but no point in blaming them for IPL fiasco. Elections are more important than IPL and if the Home Ministry itself is not 100% sure of providing adequate security to foreign players and officials, there is no need to take risk and go ahead with the tournament.

Guest gaurav_indian
dude' date=' spineless this Govt. may be but no point in blaming them for IPL fiasco. Elections are more important than IPL and if the Home Ministry itself is not 100% sure of providing adequate security to foreign players and officials, there is no need to take risk and go ahead with the tournament.[/quote'] Yeah you are right.But still terrorists wont leave an opportunity to kill people during elections.So does that mean elections should also be moved to another country becoz its not safe in india and this tatoo govt cant do anything about it.:((

Thinking about it a bit more the idea sounds even more stupid. There are going to be 59 matches of India's domestic league held in England? The timings will be to cater to the Indian TV audience - 4 PM and 8 PM? That's 11:30 AM London time and 12:30 PM Cape Town time - is there a ghost of a chance to get more than a few hundred people in stadiums for 59 matches running day in and day out. Even 3:30 PM and 4:30 PM are not really hot hours for a Brit or a South African to go and watch Shah Rukh Khan in the pit with Akshay Kumar. Temperatures are in the 8-14 degrees range in May at a lot of South African venues. Cheerleaders are likely to ask for the best health insurance available out there. Matches make for good TV viewing when there is a good atmosphere in the crowd - who wants to watch cheerleaders dancing around in front of an empty stadium and cricket which just does not generate any enthusiasm in the crowd. I really hope the Indian audience gives this a huge thumbs down and a slap on the face of Modi for taking them for granted and subjecting them to such a farce.

whats the point ? IPL in SAF :banghead: why couldnt they delay it by a month ? why couldnt they decide on just 3-4 venues where security wont be a big issue say like Goa, bhopal , gwalior, cochin etc and have the games there
Am kinda excited by the exposure of our domestic players will get in international conditions (esp SA) .... and plus the T20 world cup starts once the IPL finishes

why cant we play in cities which dont have security problems .. why is it important to play in chennai ' date=' mumbai , delhi etc .. why not other cities .. why[/quote'] Despite my general disdain of Indian politicians, Chidambaram is one person I hold in high regard - he does his job and is not one who would play petty politics. He would have laid the cards bare for Modi and left it for the IPL committee to decide.

Thinking about it a bit more the idea sounds even more stupid. There are going to be 59 matches of India's domestic league held in England? The timings will be to cater to the Indian TV audience - 4 PM and 8 PM? That's 11:30 AM London time and 12:30 PM Cape Town time - is there a ghost of a chance to get more than a few hundred people in stadiums for 59 matches running day in and day out. Even 3:30 PM and 4:30 PM are not really hot hours for a Brit or a South African to go and watch Shah Rukh Khan in the pit with Akshay Kumar. Temperatures are in the 8-14 degrees range in May at a lot of South African venues. Cheerleaders are likely to ask for the best health insurance available out there. Matches make for good TV viewing when there is a good atmosphere in the crowd - who wants to watch cheerleaders dancing around in front of an empty stadium and cricket which just does not generate any enthusiasm in the crowd. I really hope the Indian audience gives this a huge thumbs down and a slap on the face of Modi for taking them for granted and subjecting them to such a farce.
exactly... even though IPL is all about TV audience.. i dont think it makes a good viewing when the matches are played in an empty stadium.. and I dont think why anyone wud wanna bunk their work n go for the matches when there will be one or 2 players from their country at a particular game.. Modi is an egoistic ass whos playing his card to prove that he is right.. i really hope Indian audience show him their middle fingers.. herein wishing a big failure for IPL and Modi basta...

So what solution either Govt of India or IPL had apart from scrapping the IPL this year which is certainly not possible given the stakes which are certainly high?