Suspense is over..South Africa to host IPL

SachDan

Guest gaurav_indian
Like him or hate him' date=' Lalit Modi has shown remarkable tactical and negotiation skills in getting this new arrangement in place. Even though I am not fond of him, I have grudging respect for this man.[/quote'] Yeah a lot to learn from him in life.He works really hard.I dont know why people hate him.I just dont like his actions against the ICL and ICL players.Other than that he has done a lot for indian cricket.In one of his interviews he said he hardly sleeps.He signed a deal with WSG Mauritius at 3 am.He completely changed the outlook of Rajasthan Cricket Association.He brought world class facilities there.Remember aussies players trained there during their tour last year and how were they appreciating the facilities provided there?If it was some other lalllu panju on his place he would have cancelled this season's IPL.But Modi knows how to show :finger:

the dates have been changed from the 10th to the 18th this is to provide the indian players a breather, who finish their nz tour on the 7th SA was the wise choice, and as modi said, the weather proved to be decisive imagine a 3 hour match being rain curtailed

Why South Africa got the nod - The weather was the most important factor. The IPL realised that rain could seriously affect "as many as 70% of the matches" if the tournament was held in England. - Top officials within the South African government and Cricket South Africa gave assurances that the IPL will receive the full red carpet treatment. - Less logistical problems as South African domestic season concludes before the IPL's scheduled start while in England the county season will just get underway. - The cost of running the tournament in South Africa would be substantially less than in England. - Supersport owns the rights both for the IPL and for international cricket played in South Africa while there would have been a clash between Sky TV and Setanta in England.

If the IPL is a business then it has to be run like one.BCCI and the franchises should hire professionals to run the IPL who are separate from both .they can plan ahead and assess various risk factors.Are we to assume that every 5 years the IPL is going to be moved out of India?.what happens if the government falls within a year and we need elections again in april and may-then what?.

Only thing that came out of this is that money rules and BCCI can twist and turn things to keep the tourney going. Although I don't like this idea, from the players point of view there couldn't have been a better arrangement. Is South Africa safe? Probably not but they are good at hosting big events and hopefully this IPL should go through without an incident. Here's hoping for some well contested cricket.

Only thing that came out of this is that money rules and BCCI can twist and turn things to keep the tourney going. Although I don't like this idea' date=' from the players point of view there couldn't have been a better arrangement. Is South Africa safe? Probably not but they are good at hosting big events and hopefully this IPL should go through without an incident. Here's hoping for some well contested cricket.[/quote'] South Africa are brilliant at hosting events. Both the T20WC and the '03 WC were managed extremely well, which is probably another factor that went into this. I hope Sachin can play again at Centurion. :--D

South Africa are brilliant at hosting events. Both the T20WC and the '03 WC were managed extremely well' date= which is probably another factor that went into this. I hope Sachin can play again at Centurion. :--D
Second that, graph, i hope its not too cold thou

Hope that this year IPL is also a big success.. SA is surely a wise decision as nobody wants rain affected IPL .. England might have had more packed stadiums as compared to SA but nobody knows .. lets wait and see how the stadiums turn out One great thing is that there would be no natak by the f***king organization who raise voices over cheergirls etc. .. I think this IPL might be a success to :two_thumbs_up:

It will hurt the Indian cricket associations a bit and the Indian economy as well given the spendings during the tourney. Whatever happens to the cheer leaders picked for Kolkata Knigh riders from a reality show? :winky: It's possible in future the venues will be picked based on reality shows and even security personnel will be picked on reality shows.