Ganguly ridicules Buchanan's multiple captain theory

Feed

Sourav Ganguly retained as sole captain for KKR New Delhi: Sourav Ganguly has been retained as the sole skipper for the Kolkata Knight Riders and New Zealander Brendon McCullum is likely to be appointed as the vice caption of the IPL team. Sources told CNN-IBN on Tuesday that Ganguly will be retained as the sole skipper of the IPL team and his performance will be evaluated after few games. The team management has also decided that McCullum will do the job of deputy to Ganguly till then. The first game of the second edition of the cash-rich IPL is less than three weeks away. Sourav Ganguly was in Mumbai on Tuesday for a meeting with team owner Shah Rukh Khan and coach John Buchanan. The meeting was held at Shah Rukh Khan's home. Last week, Buchanan threw the cat among the pigeons when he announced an ambitious plan to experiment with multiple captains during the course of a game. There was further confusion brewing in the Kolkata camp after Shah Rukh Khan tried to play down the controversy over the captaincy issue. Shah Rukh walked the ramp in the Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai and told the media that it was a matter of miscommunication that had caused the captaincy issue to spiral up into a matter of greater proportions. "I think there is a lot of over-reaction and rumors about he's been removed from captaincy.But that is completely untrue," said Khan. Clearly a lot can happen when you get India's biggest movie star, India's most celebrated captain and a maverick coach together! http://cricketnext.in.com/news/sourav-ganguly-retained-as-sole-captain-for-kkr/39576-13.html

Guest gaurav_indian

Coach's talent matters, not origin: Ganguly Coach's talent matters, not origin: Ganguly

New Delhi: Despite seven of the eight IPL franchises opting for foreign coaches, Sourav Ganguly reckons that Indian coaches have the credentials to do a good job and foresees a bigger contribution from them in future editions. "I feel Indian coaches are good enough and they should have an equal role to play as the overseas coaches in the IPL," Ganguly said. Currently, only Mumbai Indians have Praveen Amre as their coach while all other teams are guided by those from overseas such as John Buchanan, Shane Warne, Tom Moody and Greg Shippered. "I know most of the teams have overseas coaches, and sometimes I don't know what's the reason for it, but I'm sure someone like Lalchand Rajput, he's been a part of a Twenty20 World Cup winning team, and so he can do a good job," Ganguly said. "I think a time will come when there will be a mixture of both, but the important thing is it should be judged completely on the basis of how good one is," he added. But the former Indian captain also felt that the choice of coach should be based not only on the nationality but on how efficient the candidate is. "I think it should be judged completely on the basis of how good one is and not just on the basis of whether one is an Indian or from overseas," he said. On shifting of the IPL out of India, Ganguly said it was not an issue but agreed the tournament would not be the same as it was in India last year. "To be honest I'm looking forward to going to South Africa. Obviously, let's be honest, it's not going to be the same as it's in Kolkata, because you know it's a Kolkata Knight Riders team. You know how it is in Kolkata with the IPL games on, 100,000 people, it's a completely different atmosphere here. "But then, I'm sure South Africa is going to be good, it's not going to be the same level as Kolkata but at least the IPL will happen," he said. On his retirement age, Ganguly said he would take a call after his three-year contract with the IPL finishes. "I think I've got another two years with the Knight Riders and I think I'll have to take a call after that. "Obviously, I've retired from international cricket and I've got no intentions of playing it again. So I think it's another two years and then obviously life will be different," he said. Elaborating on his life beyond cricket, Ganguly said "I'm building schools... Education schools from pre-primary to college. I get lot of satisfaction in doing it. "Hopefully, those two properties will be up and running and it will take a lot of time in running it. I'll do it personally, and obviously I've got my family, we've got a business of our own. So there are quite a few things to look after," he said.
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/coachs-talent-matters-not-origin-ganguly/39674-13.html