Best thriller novels of all time - recommend new novels to read

DomainK

Nice thread, the Internet age has caused a drastic reduction in book reading (speaking for myself). Any Arthur Hailey fans here? 1. Strong Medicine 2. Moneychangers 3. Overload 4. Airport 5. Wheels 6. Evening News (i think this one i havent read) what else from Hailey? Frederick Forsyth and Jeffrey Archer are brilliant as well. John Grisham (esp. Firm is a page turner). DomainK - do you read Perry Mason? Try it. I havent read much Clive Cussler - heard those are good - Any Cussler fans here - can you comment? ---- Non-thrillers: Ofcourse as a kid (though that is not what Domaink was asking) Secret Seven, Famous Five and Nancy Drew :woot: All time favorites are comics: Tintin and Asterix :hail: - I think I have the entire collection

For sports' date=' Playing For Keeps...an AWESOME biography of the greatest athlete of all time, Michael Jordan, by David Halberstam. [/quote'] Ha... laughed at that at first, as Playing for Keeps is also the name of ex-England keeper Alec Stewart's autobio. Good book... but many better out there...

I recommend the following if you are looking for good thrillers - Tell me your dreams - Sidney Sheldon And then there were none - Agatha Christie (the best AC novel by far) Twelve red herrings - Jeffrey Archer

Are u interested in Hindi Upaniyaas ... :D I suggest some interesting stuffs for u .. 1) Black Replay 2) Jaab Laabs nahi soojte ( Cant think of proper words) 3) Echa Dhari Najin. 4) Abb iss banglee par Shuru Hoga ( Will Start from this Bunglow) 5) Char Ghante udhaar . Hope u enjoy the above.. never read it myself . :winky:

Are u interested in Hindi Upaniyaas ... :D I suggest some interesting stuffs for u .. 1) Black Replay 2) Jaab Laabs nahi soojte ( Cant think of proper words) 3) Echa Dhari Najin. 4) Abb iss banglee par Shuru Hoga ( Will Start from this Bunglow) 5) Char Ghante udhaar . Hope u enjoy the above.. never read it myself . :winky:
:wall:

I recommend the following if you are looking for good thrillers - Tell me your dreams - Sidney Sheldon
Yup. Very good book. Also second your (or repeat my own) recommendation on the Archer book. Although DK, if you're getting that grab the other Archer short story compilations. You can't go wrong with any of them. Nelson DeMille has also written some very good ones - I'd hardly call these the 'best thriller novels' compared to Archer or Puzo, but there are a lot of top books like The General's Daughter (his best IMO, maybe even comparable w/ the Archer novels), Night Fall, The Charm School and Up Country. Stephen Leather's The Chinaman, Bombmaker, Tunnel Rats (a personal favourite), Soft Target and The Stretch are also worth seeking out.

I recommend the following if you are looking for good thrillers - And then there were none - Agatha Christie (the best AC novel by far)
better than the Murder of Roger Ackroyd? some authors whose books i found thrilling.. Roald Dahl - Tales of the Unexpected(short stories with some sinister twists) Le Carre Jack Higgins Alister Maclain Desmond Bagley Ian Fleming Wilbur Smith Ken Follet(Eye of the Needle)

I never motivated myself to read a novel, not for the experience, not for the enjoyment, not for nothing I just don't like reading 1000 page books with size 10 font. I only enjoy reading short stories, graphic novels and vikram and betal anecdotes The last book I've ever read was for a book review I had to do when I was in high school, if you can term R.L. Stein's Goosebumps series a book

I just don't like reading 1000 page books with size 10 font.
Says a lot about your awareness, open-mindedness and basic knowledge of literature. Most of these are nowhere near 1000 pages, some fairly short, fast-paced books that people just generalize as being too long and boring for them to show off their ignorance. Then again you may be better off with colouring books.