Best thriller novels of all time - recommend new novels to read

DomainK

Jeffery Archer is good- Cain and Abel is one of his better ones- i think ive read most of his books- maybe not the more recent ones though The Dan Brown books are good thrillers. P D James is an EXCELLENT mystery writer. Im a massive Stephen King fan and have read most of his books- especially the early ones are all very good. Pet Sematary, The Stand, The Shining Dead Zone- this just off the top of my head. I read fantasy as well and David Gemell is a class act, bit of a guilty pleasure. Of the more current reads- I havent read many thrillers but I can recommned some good books- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell The Life of Pi by Yann Martell Ive just read a book called Money by Martin Amis which was very funny, its oldish

I am a very very poor reader as far as novels are concerned, in spite of my sister having a huge collection of novels and persisting me to read some of them. I have read very few novels and worse I don't even remember the names of any of them. The only one I remember now is Kane and Abel. I have to say I enjoyed that book and finished it in 2 days flat (which is very impressive considering my attention span).

How can you read ebooks? You have some special device? It is not at all cozy reading off a screen :((
I mostly read e-books on my mobile. I have an E71 that can handle doc files well. However, there is yet to be a decent PDF reader for hand held devices. So when I get an e-book, I usually convert them to unformatted word files and transfer them to my cell. So I can read whenever I want. For example, waiting between the meetings, on the bed just before sleeping etc.

I read what interests me. I never had an interest in literature. Nothing has changed in the regard
Many of those listed here are thriller novels. You are talking as though the list here contains some boring prose :dontknow: I remember one of Lurker's posts that remarked about how folks want everything "instant gratification" these days. In cricket (T20), in other things as well. I think he has said it correctly.

Jeffery Archer is good- Cain and Abel is one of his better ones- i think ive read most of his books- maybe not the more recent ones though The Dan Brown books are good thrillers. P D James is an EXCELLENT mystery writer. Im a massive Stephen King fan and have read most of his books- especially the early ones are all very good. Pet Sematary, The Stand, The Shining Dead Zone- this just off the top of my head. I read fantasy as well and David Gemell is a class act, bit of a guilty pleasure. Of the more current reads- I havent read many thrillers but I can recommned some good books- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell The Life of Pi by Yann Martell Ive just read a book called Money by Martin Amis which was very funny, its oldish
i would recommend the Dark Tower series by King if you havent read them. The first 5 books are great

i would recommend the Dark Tower series by King if you havent read them. The first 5 books are great
You know I havent! Its some of the very few I have not read by him. Also not read most of his recent books (liseys story etc) But have heard good things about the Dark Tower series need to start em