Best thriller novels of all time - recommend new novels to read

DomainK

Nice thread' date=' the Internet age has caused a drastic reduction in book reading (speaking for myself).[/quote'] try audio books. u can save money as well with pirated downloads:)
I havent read much Clive Cussler - heard those are good - Any Cussler fans here - can you comment?
mostly adventure type.blows hot and cold. remember "sahara"? its his.
Ofcourse as a kid (though that is not what Domaink was asking) Secret Seven, Famous Five and Nancy Drew :woot:
and hardy boys? agatha christie? i recall there were far more girls at the "mills and boons" section in the libraries than at these :) how did you acquire a boy's taste??
Tintin and Asterix :hail:
:two_thumbs_up:

no one has mentioned david baldacci,crichton and cook? or alistair maclean-guns of navarone,where eagles dare,ice station zebra, a book readers may not know- secret history-donna tartt an inspiration for dan brown. james patterson uses two detective characters alex cross(played by morgan freeman in kiss the girls) and linydsay boxer to write a running series of detective novels nowadays in US. brad melzer has come up with some good ones in zero game,millionaires,book of fate. for literature, refer umberto eco.

Jeffery Archer is good- Cain and Abel is one of his better ones- i think ive read most of his books- maybe not the more recent ones though The Dan Brown books are good thrillers. P D James is an EXCELLENT mystery writer. Im a massive Stephen King fan and have read most of his books- especially the early ones are all very good. Pet Sematary, The Stand, The Shining Dead Zone- this just off the top of my head. I read fantasy as well and David Gemell is a class act, bit of a guilty pleasure. Of the more current reads- I havent read many thrillers but I can recommned some good books- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell The Life of Pi by Yann Martell Ive just read a book called Money by Martin Amis which was very funny, its oldish
i wont call her that... but her thrillers are epic. i read children of men and the skull beneath the skin... both were really good. if you want a good stephen king, read 4 past midnight, its a collection of 4 semi novellas. the first one, the langoliers is my absolute favorite.

Bourne series is a must read... the day of the Jackal is another one... If you want any novels leeme know. I have many ebooks of below mentioned authors: Dan Brown Frederick Forsyth James hadely chase Jeffery Archer John Grisham Robert Ludlum sidney sheldon

You know I havent! Its some of the very few I have not read by him. Also not read most of his recent books (liseys story etc) But have heard good things about the Dark Tower series need to start em
What about IT, my favourite by King. Took me back to my childhood

Absolute Power by David Baldacci. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (IMO his best book - better than Da Vinci and much, much better than the Lost Symbol). The Man by Irving Wallace. If you want Murder Mysteries then books by Ian Rankin (especially the Inspector Rebus series) are quite good. Also, the Ian Rutledge series by Charles Todd is quite good. Also read James Bond by Ian Fleming - most of the books are actually good. The Last Testament and The Righteous Men by Sam Bourne. If you like Historical Fiction then go for Conn Iggulden books - he has written two series' of books, Emperor Series (on Julius Caeser) and Conqueror Series (on Genghis Khan). Eye of the needle by Ken Follet. day of the jackal by frederick forsyth. p.s. I've got these and many more e-books if you want :secret:

Absolute Power by David Baldacci. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (IMO his best book - better than Da Vinci and much, much better than the Lost Symbol). The Man by Irving Wallace. If you want Murder Mysteries then books by Ian Rankin (especially the Inspector Rebus series) are quite good. Also, the Ian Rutledge series by Charles Todd is quite good. Also read James Bond by Ian Fleming - most of the books are actually good. The Last Testament and The Righteous Men by Sam Bourne. If you like Historical Fiction then go for Conn Iggulden books - he has written two series' of books, Emperor Series (on Julius Caeser) and Conqueror Series (on Genghis Khan). Eye of the needle by Ken Follet. day of the jackal by frederick forsyth. p.s. I've got these and many more e-books if you want :secret:
Dude, I love free e-books. You know how to send a PM, don't you? :wink2:

I am done reading all of Lee Child's novels. They are not perfect, but great page turners. Reacher is an interesting character and some of Child's narratives and very gripping. Now, I need more recommendations. Something similar to Child would be nice. Or anything else, cool and griping.

What about IT' date=' my favourite by King. Took me back to my childhood[/quote'] Yes IT is very good, read a very long time ago now 4 past midnight is a good story...and The Longoliers -youre right, what a brilliant bizarre story that was. Again read a long time ago but some of the imagery is stuck in my head

I am done reading all of Lee Child's novels. They are not perfect, but great page turners. Reacher is an interesting character and some of Child's narratives and very gripping. Now, I need more recommendations. Something similar to Child would be nice. Or anything else, cool and griping.
Have you read any Micheal Conolly - I havent but supposed to be good. And Dennis Lehane, again not read any of his stuff, guy who wrote Shutter Island and Mystic River

Have you read any Micheal Conolly - I havent but supposed to be good. And Dennis Lehane' date=' again not read any of his stuff, guy who wrote Shutter Island and Mystic River[/quote'] No, but I have most of Conolly's books downloaded. I will start reading them. The writer of Shutter Island must be a genius. I will try his novels as well.