Football Transfers, Rumours and Speculations

Shane

Guest Hiten.

It'll be a match to remember if Man U and RM meet in the semis of Champions league. I think the Manure fans will be hostile towards CR7 and rightly so. The winner of this match will of course face Chelsea in the finals where they will be handed their asses by the blues :cool:

It'll be a match to remember if Man U and RM meet in the semis of Champions league. I think the Manure fans will be hostile towards CR7 and rightly so. The winner of this match will of course face Chelsea in the finals where they will be handed their asses by the blues :cool:
Snap, and then bb wakes up. :cantstop:

CR7 to CR9

Cristiano Ronaldo has given the No.7 jersey a miss and decided to pull on the No.9 at Real Madrid instead. Madrid fans value the No.9 as a sacred number belonging to only the best of the best with legends like Alfredo Di Stefano, Hugo Sanchez and the other Ronaldo all taking turns to do the number proud. Whether his number is a hint as to which position he will be operating in remains to be seen. Madrid has traditionally given the number to the player who will play as a striker but with Ruud van Nistelrooy, Gonzalo Higuain and Raul at the club, no one is absolutely sure what will be the exact formation in the upcoming season.

First report on Messi

Xavi Llorens has revealed to Barça TV the report he made in the autumn of 2000 about a diminutive player who was just starting out in the Barça youth teams called Leo Messi. Llorens then described the Argentine as “a little Maradonaâ€. The autumn of 2000. Xavi Llorens, under-14s B team trainer at Barcelona, was tasked by the club’s then academy director Quimet Rifé to draw up a report about a 13-year-old boy who had just arrived from Rosario and who might be joining the club. Conclusive report “He’s not much physically but he is technically superb and incredibly fast.†That’s how Xavi Llorens’s report about the youthful Leo Messi began. Llorens was with the Argentine in the 2000/01 season, when Leo was going through a bad time with injuries: “I remember that he was very different on and off the pitch. He was shy in the dressing room and didn’t say much, but he was bold on the pitch and did all those things we see now at Camp Nouâ€. Best in the world The man who was Leo’s first coach in the Barça academy thinks that now “Messi is the best player in the world. Kaká and Ronaldo are good, but what Leo can come up with out on the park is incomparableâ€. The current women’s first team coach includes Xavi and Messi “among the best five in the worldâ€.

AM. Some say he is the next CR7 in the making. He has come from nowhere, even most of the Man Utd faithfuls haven't seen him play. But here is the link for his video(I am at work...not checked it yet) http://www.dailymotion.com/related/x374dl/video/x625fj_obertan_sport?hmz=74616272656c61746564
Looks Good, but many have flattered to deceive from the French Ligue 1, hope he does well in English Conditions too, if so 8 milz is a Steal.

Looks Good' date=' but many have flattered to deceive from the French Ligue 1, hope he does well in English Conditions too, if so 8 milz is a Steal.[/quote'] Yeah but I would have preferred Douglas Costa to him. With Obertan in, I guess SAF wouldn't sign any more wingers, so the doors are virtually shut for Costa. Moreover the youth team is really good at OT.I have read good reports about the likes of Tosic and Ljajic, then you got Gibson, Wellbeck, Macheda who have been doing really well whenever given an opportunity, so this signing has come more of a surprise. I am really excited about the Serb Ljajic, he will be signing up in Jan. He has got loads of talent( there are a couple of videos on youtube.) Anyway this is what Blanc has to say about Obertan.
“I was surprised too, but it is an unexpected chance for him to play with one of the best clubs in the world,†the coach told Europe1. “Manchester have been tracking him for a long time. They certainly hope to advance him, something that Bordeaux and Lorient have failed to do. He has the potential, but he must overcome psychological and mental challenges so he can express his true value.â€
It is infact 3M according to this source

Melo takes Juventus bait

Fiorentina's Brazilian midfielder Melo has signed for Serie A giants Juventus after a cash plus player deal was agreed. Juve will pay £17million on top of sending winger Marco Marchionni the other way. Melo who had an excellent season with Fiorentina before helping Brazil to the Confederations Cup trophy a few weeks back has been the subject of intense transfer speculations. Arsene Wenger was desperately trying to land the player but Fiorentina's request to include Emmanuel Eboue in any deal prevented the move from happening.
AC Milan snaps up Onyewu
AC Milan have signed American defender Oguchi Onyewu on a free transfer from Standard Liege. The USA international has penned a three-year contract with the Rossoneri outfit. A statement from the club read: "AC Milan announces the signing on a permanent deal of defender Oguchi Onyewu from Standard Liege. "The player has signed a contract with AC Milan through 30 June 2012." The 27-year-old, whose Liege contract was ending this summer, made a big contribution to Standard winning the Belgian League title last season. Onyewu, who played on loan at Newcastle in the 2007-08 campaign, is Milan's first summer signing. The Washington-born centre-back recently helped the USA finish second in the Confederations Cup in South Africa.
All this for an overhyped,diving winker :banghead:
A staggering 80,000 fans crammed into the Bernabeu to welcome the Portuguese winger following his world-record £80million move from Manchester United. But the ceremony was abandoned when Ronaldo had to be whisked away as dozens of supporters ran on to the pitch. Real's security guards frantically tried to contain the invaders and there was panic for a few seconds. Ronaldo, 24, was expected back on the stage before leaving with Real supremo Florentino Perez and honorary president Alfredo di Stefano. Instead he was taken away by scared guards, who decided not to take any risks as fans ran amok on the pitch and scuffles broke out with security staff. Ronaldo said: "To see so many people here for my presentation was very emotional. "I felt the love of the people. I am ambitious and I want to adapt as quickly as possible to give my best." In 1984, 70,000 fans turned up at Napoli to welcome Diego Maradona while 50,000 saw Kaka unveiled by Real last week.

Fans did enough to keep me but Man Utd didn’t – Tevez

New Manchester City signing Carlos Tevez has revealed that his former club did not do enough to keep him. The Argentine completed his move to the City of Manchester Stadium yesterday and said the reason he left is because Manchester United didn’t try hard enough to retain him. "The fact that I am not staying at United is not because of the fans, it is because Sir Alex Ferguson and David Gill did not do enough to keep me there. If it was down to the fans, I would still be there," Tevez said. "I want to thank Manchester United, David Gill, Sir Alex Ferguson and the fanbase for a happy time there, but this is a new challenge and I am very happy to be at Manchester City. "I was there for two years and Sir Alex never called or sent any text messages in that time," he added. "The only time he talked to me was after a match against Roma to discuss a situation about going to play for Argentina. "It doesn't seem that this is the way to treat a player in two years at the club. It doesn't seem there is a line of communication."
Manchester City are in negotiations to sign Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor. Source

Tevez to stay in Manchester City

Argentine striker Carlos Tevez is inching ever closer to signing for Manchester City. Sky Sports reports that the former Manchester United striker has opted for their city rivals, just as Goal.com told you on July 1 with our exclusive. The 25-year-old was originally showing a preference in moving to Chelsea but is now happy to sign for City. The prolonged transfer seems to be nearing completion and could be agreed by Monday, if negotiations proceed as planned. A £25 million deal is in place for the striker, who will reportedly pick up £150,000-a-week at Eastlands. The phones will be ringing off the hook in the Citizens’ offices after news also broke this morning that the Manchester club have opened talks with Arsenal over a deal for Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor. Mark Hughes is keen to get deals done quickly and has previously spoken out that City will not be held to ransom for players, as was underlined by his club pulling out of a deal for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o.
Link

Ferguson is getting upset that Man City are spoiling the premiership by trying to buy it. He's right in a way, but some years back Utd were richer than most premiership clubs and were able to buy players that others wouldn't and now they can afford other players he's getting upset. But I do feel the amount of money being spent on players is getting stupid now.

Ferguson is getting upset that Man City are spoiling the premiership by trying to buy it. He's right in a way, but some years back Utd were richer than most premiership clubs and were able to buy players that others wouldn't and now they can afford other players he's getting upset. But I do feel the amount of money being spent on players is getting stupid now.
:hahaha: Kleberson, Veron etc. SAF should know better about money being thrown around.