Rajiv

T20 WC 2009 FINAL - Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - Lord's - June 21

Dilshan and Jaya's wickets would be crucial and IMO the SL middle order is a bit shaky. So if Pakistan can get the early break throughs, SL would have to really fight their way to set/chase a competitive score. While Jayawardene has looked sharp, Sangakarra seems to be in a bit of bother as he finds it difficult to score with a strike > 100. Udana seems to be a bit of a weak link in the SL bowling lineup. A lot of the teams have targeted him so and he has gone for plenty of runs. Pakistan, especially Younis Khan's wicket would be the trump wicket as he can sweep the spinners with ease. Actually I am a bit surprised that teams havent closed off his sweep shot as of yet. IMO, the Pakistani middle order seems better equipped to counter the spin.

First of all it is a day game so it wont be a big disadvantage for the team batting second. IMO Pakistan can chase down a target but I am not sure about SL. If the top order fails or for that matter if Dilshan falls early then it will be curtains for them if they are chasing a target of 150+. But two things will haunt the Pakis - 1. They batted first at Lord's in the '99 WC final and decided to have lunch early. 2. They were chasing against us in last T20 final and you know what happened. So it will be a bit tricky should they win the toss. Above all, who will take the 'Home' dressing room!? I remember the Aussies desperately wanted the 'Away' one in the '99 WC( meaning the English suck at Lord's). Maybe we can get a clue from the dressing rooms.:sherlock: