We are giving too much importance to Pakistan: Rahul

DeXteR

good to see a politician seeing the truth. Tue, Oct 13 01:39 PM Shimla, Oct 13 (IANS) Pakistan doesn't deserve 'half the importance' it was being given in India, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi said Tuesday while stressing that the two countries could not be compared. 'We are giving too much importance to Pakistan. It is just a small piece of land. India can't be compared with Pakistan,' Gandhi told reporters here. He was on a day-long visit to the hill state to woo students for the party's student wing - the National Students Union of India (NSUI). 'Pakistan's internal issues do affect us, but we are giving too much time and importance to Pakistan in our minds. To my mind, it deserves not half the importance we are giving it. 'If you see, the attitude of the world has changed towards Pakistan. It's not a one day job. It's a long process. India has created pressure (on it) and the entire world is putting pressure on Pakistan. Certain issues related to Pakistan have to be managed, which is already being done. We are on a comfortable position. There is no comparison between India and Pakistan.' Taking a dig at opposition parties, particularly the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), he said: 'It has 1,000 year old ideology. They are just talking about Jinnah (Pakistan's founder Mohammed Ali Jinnah), which is history now. I can't think about Jinnah even for five seconds... not for one second. 'The BJP's 'India Shining' slogan was outrightly rejected during the 2004 general elections. India was shining only in urban areas and that too within the elite class.' Dressed casually in a blue half-sleeve shirt and trousers, he said: 'We believe in the ideology of uplift of the poor and the downtrodden.' He brushed aside criticism about his visits to villages, saying they were intended to get first-hand information about the progress the country has made. Gandhi admitted that the doors of political parties, be it the Congress, the BJP or any other, were not as open to youngsters as they should be. 'My effort is just to do that. The youth wants to know what we are going to give them in the years to come.' The Congress leader said his main job was to bring more democracy in the frontal organisations of the party, the Youth Congress and the NSUI. 'My effort is to have all elected people in these two organisations ultimately. No nominations in future. But it will take some time... the process is on and we have already done it in four states for the Youth Congress,' he said. Rahul later interacted with students at the Himachal Pradesh University here. Indo Asian News Service LINK:http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20091013/818/tnl-we-are-giving-too-much-importance-to.html

this should be the advice taken by some members here whose obsession with pakistan is not rational.about 1/4th of all threads on the main cricket page are about pakistan.
I agree with cowboysfan. Too much attention is given to pakistan in ICF. Yeah, they can't be totally ignored, but the many threads on them is tiresome.

It is very hard not to ignore a neighbour who is doing its utmost to destroy you! If we just ignore them it will just leave us open for them to expolit our complacency and lack of poilitical will. In fact we dont give them enough importnace us a lot more should be done to counter act paks constant attempts to destabilise us. I mean what has his mother done since mumbai attacksa to ensure it does not happen again? This complacency is why we get hit by those terror attacks and will continue to be!

Finally some sane voice. Of course this would not be heard by many Indians whose daily past time is looking up news with words Pakistan.
Among those Indians would be our military and our RAW and I am happily confident that they would never heed RG's idiotic advice.

Among those Indians would be our military and our RAW and I am happily confident that they would never heed RG's idiotic advice.
Military and RAW get paid to do this Seedhi, I am sure you are smart enough to realize that. Also military and RAW dont go yapping ad-nauseum about Pakistan as many morons do. Actually both these organizations let their action speak and are not loudmouth like..well the morons. And thank heavens for that!

I agree with this statement. They are a crap country and if we are comparing ourselves in terms of progress, cricket or anything else to a crap country then we are lowering ourselves. Rip their ass when they do anything to us but it is lame to be too much obsessed with Pakistan as pointed by other posters. They are too low to be cared leave apart be obsessed with. If we need to compare, then we should compare with some developed country. Even comparing with China is fine but comparing with Pakistan is simply like comparing ourselves to dogs.

Rahul Gandhi says 'We are giving too much importance to Pakistan. It is just a small piece of land. India can't be compared with Pakistan,' my purpose of creating this thread was to say - that even politicians say we must stop our obsession with pakistan , its not a thing to talk about or compared with or they dont have anything worthy to be discussed. but the problem is: - pakistan sudharta nahi. they always do something that grabs attention -and also i like occasionally bashing them:--D

I agree with this statement. They are a crap country and if we are comparing ourselves in terms of progress' date=' cricket or anything else to a crap country then we are lowering ourselves. Rip their ass when they do anything to us but it is lame to be too much obsessed with Pakistan as pointed by other posters. They are too low to be cared leave apart be obsessed with. If we need to compare, then we should compare with some developed country. [b']Even comparing with China is fine but comparing with Pakistan is simply like comparing ourselves to dogs.
Comparison with China is laughable and I am quite happy we dont resort to the same. China has slowly but steadily made a huge progress. Few years back I was working for a Copper mining company, it happened to be 2nd largest in the entire world at the time, and China single handedly had pushed the price of copper(pretty much all natural resources really) thanks to huge infrastructure investment. I am yet to see India impacting any industry like that. We should be realistic and have pride in what we have. We are going to get there just see no benefits either obessing with Pakistan, or China. xxx

Walk the talk you dumbfkin Rahul. If incidents like 26/11 and the innumerable terrorist attacks hadnt occured, we could have easily ignored Pakistan. The security situation in the country is miserable - attacks take place with impunity. What do you propose to do to improve the security situation?? That country solely survives on the 'hate India' concept - is there anything else that unites Pak like it? So why in the world do you think we need not pay attention to this threat??

Comparison with China is laughable and I am quite happy we dont resort to the same. China has slowly but steadily made a huge progress. Few years back I was working for a Copper mining company, it happened to be 2nd largest in the entire world at the time, and China single handedly had pushed the price of copper(pretty much all natural resources really) thanks to huge infrastructure investment. I am yet to see India impacting any industry like that. We should be realistic and have pride in what we have. We are going to get there just see no benefits either obessing with Pakistan, or China. xxx
I dont think comparision to China is illogical. In fact it is the most reasonable comparision to any developing country. Everybody knows that the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China) are the most powerful economies after the G7 countries and all of them are expected to make huge development in the next few decades. Out of the BRIC countries, Brazil's economy is weaker than India, Russia's economy (not USSR) is comparable to India but they have too much land and resources with too less people and so it would be unfair. The only remaining country China has got a population density somewhat comparable to India though they are developing at a faster rate. Anyways for better development we should compare to a country which is developing at a faster race instead of a crap country. If we compare to a lower country it would never help us increase our rate of progress. And just for your information, China is known worldwide for bringing out crap products and making replicas of famous products at cheap prices. China hardly gives importance to copyright infringement or to international norms. "Made in China" products are crap copies of most famous brands and most westerners also hate them for copying things instead of being innovative.

Military and RAW get paid to do this Seedhi, I am sure you are smart enough to realize that. Also military and RAW dont go yapping ad-nauseum about Pakistan as many morons do. Actually both these organizations let their action speak and are not loudmouth like..well the morons. And thank heavens for that!
As far as I can see, RG was not particularly referring to the "morons" as you call them, he was calling for completely turning a blind eye to pakistan. I am favor of letting our actions do our talking, and otherwise a complete isolation of pakis. I would be happy if no pakistani actor/cricketer/singer is allowed to set foot in India, the train services are stopped and if possible even the Indus water treaty is scrapped. Just focus on the terrorist activities inside pakistan.

Out of the BRIC countries, Brazil's economy is weaker than India, Russia's economy (not USSR) is comparable to India but they have too much land and resources with too less people and so it would be unfair. The only remaining country China has got a population density somewhat comparable to India though they are developing at a faster rate. Anyways for better development we should compare to a country which is developing at a faster race instead of a crap country. If we compare to a lower country it would never help us increase our rate of progress.
First of all comparisons with any of those countries wont work. Russia and China are communist countries who can make laws, and stick to it. Brazil, like India, is a democracy but it is heavily dominated by one religion(unlike India). So comparing India to any BRIC country(or for that matter any country in the world) will not be correct. Economically Chinese are far ahead of us today. They have trade surplus with pretty much every big industrial nation out there. We on other hand have trade deficits. Our overall trade is still not in our favor. Chinese enjoy huge trade surpluses every year that they then put into buying bonds in most of these countries(USA for example) while we are struggling to break even. Very recently Bill Clinton was on record suggesting he can't be harsh with China since you dont fight with your banker. So yeah we have lots to do before we compare ourselves with China, and I would even argue why compare in the first place?? Why not create your own niche brand?
And just for your information, China is known worldwide for bringing out crap products and making replicas of famous products at cheap prices. China hardly gives importance to copyright infringement or to international norms. "Made in China" products are crap copies of most famous brands and most westerners also hate them for copying things instead of being innovative.
And thats whats working today. Wal Mart has 2/3 of its products with Made in China tag. They are also the world's largest corporation. Point being in the end what matters is who brings in the money, and Chinese are doing that very well. xxx