What song are you currently listening to ?

Rajiv

I normally don't post bollywood stuff here.

September 1995 - 25 years ago a Music Composer from Tamilnadu took Hindi movie industry by a storm and unleashed a musical tsunami that is unmatched till date. Another south Indian director RGV took it up a notch and just matched it with his visuals. I cannot for the life of mine bring myself to like any other Bollywood video songs as close as this one. Next best would be Swades and Taal a distant 3rd maybe just maybe. Need to revisit all these soon.

The post is incomplete without mentioning Urmila Matondkar. She was the life of the film. She was the inherent beauty in all this. Hard to imagine any other girl having success at this as she did.

Good Times. Magical 90s.

17 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

I normally don't post bollywood stuff here.

September 1995 - 25 years ago a Music Composer from Tamilnadu took Hindi movie industry by a storm and unleashed a musical tsunami that is unmatched till date. Another south Indian director RGV took it up a notch and just matched it with his visuals. I cannot for the life of mine bring myself to like any other Bollywood video songs as close as this one. Next best would be Swades and Taal a distant 3rd maybe just maybe. Need to revisit all these soon.

The post is incomplete without mentioning Urmila Matondkar. She was the life of the film. She was the inherent beauty in all this. Hard to imagine any other girl having success at this as she did.

Good Times. Magical 90s.

Indeed. Urmila was hot back then :phew: ARR produced his best music in that time period also.

32 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Indeed. Urmila was hot back then :phew: ARR produced his best music in that time period also.

Oh mann. You wouldn't believe. :love: I'd have learnt hindi for her. :lol: Just kidding :nono:

People were calling her sex siren of the 90s. The cultural impact of the movie and importantly the music/visuals were legendary.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4792ugcq3pcxwg7kgfdg

Edited by Stan AF

On 11/21/2020 at 4:21 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I love this song, heard it in churails 

You should also listen these:

- Naa Kaho by Aroh

-Teri Tasveer by Bayaan

-Dastaan by Abdullah Qureshi (Levis Live)

-Magenta Cyan by Abdullah Siddiqui Ft. Meesha Shafi

-Nawazishein Karam by Shuja Haider