What song are you currently listening to ?

Rajiv

23 hours ago, Mariyam said:

A friend sent me this:

Pyaar kiya to darna kya metal remix

Not a fan of metal. Or remixes. But this is really well done.

Especially the prelude before the singing starts.

@coffee_rules

@Jimmy Cliff

@randomGuy

Sorry, It was not impressive. More like a jhankar beats version, if you know my reference. Started nicely till Lata sings.  I expected more of chords and a lead guitar for a metal cover. It made me listen to original song, what a great voice quality Lataji has! God given. In my definition, metal needs more chords and a lead guitar to set the mood. Not a connoisseur of kathak, how do you rate Madhubala’s performance? Was v good to watch, 

@dial_100 @Straight Drive

INot a fan of remixes, fusion or covers, especially as blasphemous as this one I post below, but just a reference .much like the pizza Dosa  Need a lead guitar 

Edited by coffee_rules

I also admire Saigal.. पुराना टाइम , गाने और गायक, सभी बहुत ठहराव और तसल्ली वाले थे। इसीलिए यह गाने आज भी अच्छे लगते हैं।

On 9/29/2021 at 4:34 PM, coffee_rules said:

Sorry, It was not impressive. More like a jhankar beats version, if you know my reference. Started nicely till Lata sings.  I expected more of chords and a lead guitar for a metal cover. It made me listen to original song, what a great voice quality Lataji has! God given. In my definition, metal needs more chords and a lead guitar to set the mood. Not a connoisseur of kathak, how do you rate Madhubala’s performance? Was v good to watch, 

@dial_100 @Straight Drive

INot a fan of remixes, fusion or covers, especially as blasphemous as this one I post below, but just a reference .much like the pizza Dosa  Need a lead guitar 

Madhubala was very beautiful. So much that she was rightly called "Anarkali". I remember there was one very beautiful girl in our locality and we named her "Anarkali" after this movie. I guess word Anarkali became widespread hit during that time and probably many beautiful girls were referred to as Anarkali by others as well. Anarkali is out of fashion now.

Jab pyar kiya to darna kya is indeed one of the very highly rated songs in bollywood. The song is very much in context of the story. Well directed without any doubt.