What song are you currently listening to ?

Rajiv

That whole song is tragedy right from its inception. It is of course a gem by Shailendra, the lyricist who wrote simplest lines in Hindi movies. Shailendra had put his heart and soul into producing Teesri Kasam, *ing Raj Kapur and Waheeda Rehman, you may have heard the songs "Chalat musafir moh liya re" and "Duniya banane waale" etc. The movie bombed and Shailendra went into poor health, mostly because of how he was cheated out of his money by so called Bollywood friends. At the time Raj Kapoor was making Mera Naam Joker and for a while Shailendra had been his man of choice to pen his songs(he also selected Hasrat Jaipuri from time to time). Shailendra had promised to write the lyrics of this song - Jeena yehan - and the startup lines were greatly liked by Raj Kapur. But before he could finish the song he died. The song was later completed by Shaili Shailendra. xxx
amazing story mate.. indeed.. i feel like watching M.N.J ONCE again.. Btw Mukesh sang Duniya banane waalein i guess.

A sad song with inherent lines, but sung with a very peppy music and smiling Reena Roy. sBfmLz1U7ng I remember this song so very vividly for two reasons: 1) This obviously is a great song, an all-time classic. 2) It gave me the first taste of politics in life. At the time the biggest show in TV/radio/media whatever was Binaca Geetmall compered by incomparable Ameen Sayani. It would give the top 16 songs and its Annual programme was a big big attraction. In the year I talk of the song that had blown away every single song and was on top spot for a dozen weeks plus was "Aap Jaisa koi meri jindagi mein aaye" by a 14 year old Najia Hasan. By every account Nazia should have walked away with the biggest hit of the year(and the Sartaj bigool that was sounded for the top spot). Instead it was pushed to 4 and Lata beat her with Dafli waale dafli baja at #1 and Sheesha ho ya dil ho at #3. Nazia was robbed...Plain and simple. xxx

Nice thread... Lurk.... yaar should definitely go ahead and write some article on Gulzaar sahab. :two_thumbs_up:.. Alll of these were my fav songs once. Now a days' date= I have given up on them. I dont play them, I change the dial if radio is playing 'em.
That probably is because Gulzaar saab's songs often make more sense when you are fultoo ganja maar ke . Love the man but it took me forever to understand some of his songs, a la Pathar ki haveli se , sheeson ke gharondo mein, tinkon ke nasheman tak...is mod se jaate hain. Yep you need to be high on ganja to write those alright! :hatsoff:

Hindi Acoustic songs I'm sick of english songs, need some hindi songs that sound good acoustic. Any suggestions? I have some stuff from Atif Aslam and Indian Ocean, looking for more. I like lucky Ali's music, but they don't sound too good acoustic ... Any suggestions?

Songs that give you goosebumps... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmw0ghOvLDc]YouTube - Pehla Nasha - Jo Jeeta Woh Sikandar[/ame] for me, this is the only song that give me goosebumps. Whenever I hear this song, I literally go back to my school days and start thinking of what I am missing from the good ol days :(( it captured the youth so very correctly and nicely...