Any cooks here?

Gambit

Re: Any cooks here?

Zoots, Catfish is best eaten beer-battered and fried... But it is quite versatile and can be had indian style too.... Tilapia also tastes good, when made indian style.... My favorite is Goan style.... i am gonna share my secret here...it takes only 15-20 mins.... you got to first fry some onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies for some time.... then u put some TAMARiND, coriander powder(lot), cumin powder, turmeric, chilli powder and some water.... then u cook for some time(5 mins)... then u put some COCONUT MILK (or NOrmal milk) and cook for some more time(5 mins)... Then u put the fish pieces (boneless) and simmer for 5 mins.... put some butter on top... thts it.... total of 15 mins or so... i forgot to mention salt....
Yo--that sounds delicious. I have everything in my kitchen except the coconut milk. I'll try it out this weekend. Thanks.

Re: Any cooks here? Gambit ke liye ------------------------ Dal ......like arhar(tur) ...moong .... :eew: masoor... urd Dal.....3/4 katori(for 2 ) Water about 2 glasses Tomato ....1 chopped onion .......1 chopped ginger ......ground 1 teaspoon garlic .......ground 1 teaspoon Green chillies ..2 (or 1/2 tsp red chilly powder) haldi ...1/2 tsp dhania pdr...1 & 1/2 tsp salt ..to taste Cumin (1tsp +1tsp ghee)optional for tadka.... Coriander leaves.....half a katori(if you are skipping tadka ...less if you are putting tadka...). Method...mix up everythingExcept coriander ghee and cumin seeds in the pressure cooker (i hope you have one :duh: :chin: ) After the first whistle...let it simmer for 15 minutes. If you want, put tadka with ghee and cumin ....or do what i do....no tadka...just lots of finely cut coriander leaves.....

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Any cooks here?

The wierdest thing I've ever had is a kangaroo. Tasted like rubber. :pint:
Shark too tastes rubbery. I cud not chew it after battlign for around 5 minutes and had to spit it out