The Super Selector Thread

The Super Selector Thread  

1. 1.

• closed
    • closed

Me too' date=' this is my second SS but i haven't understood the substitution rules properly.So i might end low in the table .[/quote'] It's quite simple really. You lose 30 points per substitution (for the T20 WC superselector). If before substitution, you have 1500 points, after substitution of 10 players you will have 1500 - 300 = 1200 points. What is confusing for people at times is the "Substitution Adjustments" row that is shown at the bottom. That is to make sure that the existing points of the player you are substituting in are not included in your tally as it will not be fair. For example, if I substitute a player who has got 5 points so far in the tournament with a player who has got 500 points in the tournament so far, it is unfair for me to get the 500 existing points for the new player. ICF SuperSelector only awards you for what what your selections do *after* you've selected them, not what they've done so far. So, you will find a substitution adjustment of (5 - 500 - 30) = -525 points Unlimited.
It's quite simple really. You lose 30 points per substitution (for the T20 WC superselector). If before substitution, you have 1500 points, after substitution of 10 players you will have 1500 - 300 = 1200 points. What is confusing for people at times is the "Substitution Adjustments" row that is shown at the bottom. That is to make sure that the existing points of the player you are substituting in are not included in your tally as it will not be fair. For example, if I substitute a player who has got 5 points so far in the tournament with a player who has got 500 points in the tournament so far, it is unfair for me to get the 500 existing points for the new player. ICF SuperSelector only awards you for what what your selections do *after* you've selected them, not what they've done so far. So, you will find a substitution adjustment of (5 - 500 - 30) = -525 points Unlimited.
Thats a big loss. I think it is wise to buy players before they start scoring so that only 30 points are cost.
Thats a big loss. I think it is wise to buy players before they start scoring so that only 30 points are cost.
It costs only 30 points from your total :nice: But you got that 500 points player in your team then he will be in your team with 500 points but those will not be added in your team total. For your team total you have to deduct sub cost 30 plus whatever extra points he has than your previous player :--D
I don't think you understand. You will still lose only 30 points. Let me explain. My team before substitution: Player a: 100 points Player b: 50 points Player c: 50 points Total: 200 points Some Player d not in my team has 200 points. Now, say I want to substitute Player a for Player d. My team after substitution: Player d: 200 points Player b: 50 points Player c: 50 points Substitution Adjustments: -130 (100 - 200 - 30) Total: 170 points So, even though the substitution adjustment is of -130, I only lost 30 points (down to 170 from 200).
I made a rookie mistake. :whine: Selected players from main tournament in qualifiers and now i have only 20 points after substitutions. :sniffle:
See dont make another mistake by changing your team as every other player will lose big chunk of points for getting players from main tourney :nice: If you want then get only good players from bd, zim, neth or irel :--D
I don't think you understand. You will still lose only 30 points. Let me explain. My team before substitution: Player a: 100 points Player b: 50 points Player c: 50 points Total: 200 points Some Player d not in my team has 200 points. Now, say I want to substitute Player a for Player d. My team after substitution: Player d: 200 points Player b: 50 points Player c: 50 points Substitution Adjustments: -130 (100 - 200 - 30) Total: 170 points So, even though the substitution adjustment is of -130, I only lost 30 points (down to 170 from 200).
Thanks.Think i have somewhat better understanding.will take someones help when i actually need to transfer.
See dont make another mistake by changing your team as every other player will lose big chunk of points for getting players from main tourney :nice: If you want then get only good players from bd, zim, neth or irel :--D
Already changed my team. :(( Will take care of it from now .

Can't take part in anymore SS's in upcoming months cause of studies :(( I've already entered this one though and will check my progress on 21st March when real tournament begins. If I feel I can still win (top 5) I might just be a bit greedy and continue playing. :cantstop: Otherwise will leave my team as is and comeback strong in later SS's :ohyeah: