The Super Selector Thread

The Super Selector Thread  

1. 1.

• closed
    • closed

hi varun... been a long time. one suggestion for world cup SS. with 14 teams in the tournament, and our SS squadhaving a max of 16 players and min of 1 player from each team at all times, we are left with just 2 players to play with every match. The min 1 player rule works well with IPL when there are 8 teams. But in this WC, I think it should be removed. Or the SS squad should be increased to 20.

^^ Hiya. It's too late now for any rule changes, as a lot of people have already made their teams and it wouldn't be fair to them (not to mention, it might invalidate a lot of teams) The reason behind the min 1 player was to reduce the advantage that people who sub all the time get. It also makes it interesting 'coz people need to research into minnows as well to pick a player. This rule will be relaxed after the first round.

^^ Hiya. It's too late now for any rule changes, as a lot of people have already made their teams and it wouldn't be fair to them (not to mention, it might invalidate a lot of teams) The reason behind the min 1 player was to reduce the advantage that people who sub all the time get. It also makes it interesting 'coz people need to research into minnows as well to pick a player. This rule will be relaxed after the first round.
Well Varun i m sure people will agree to make changes to WC SS u can ask by poll or what ever. There are still 11 days left so if u please change the rule of 16 players to 20 will be nice for guys as there is no balance in this team and thats the main reason for making it to 20 players. If u wants to pick an all rounder for a batsmen u can't unless u make double change as there are maximun of 4 all rounders allowed. Please make changes u want to no one will argue if u do that. We are all ready to re enter our teams what say guys do u agree or not
At first I was against it, but this is more fun. After all you can only pick one out of Mccullum/Dhoni/Sanga/DeVilliers. It's fun
i agree with ur point on minnows. min 1 player rule will definitely help that cause. no problem with that. but pls increase the total number of players to 20. so that we can have atleast 3 or 4 players in our SS team playing in every match. Otherwise its left to luck of picking up a squad of 14, 1 each from every country and then 2 more. this time, even i will struggle to sub every match due to work. if we cant change the max. players now, can i suggest creating an all new WC SS and scrap the one that is current open. we can do a poll if require. we still have 6 more days to go. lets run the poll for 4 days and open a new SS on the 5th day
if we cant change the max. players now' date=' can i suggest creating an all new WC SS and scrap the one that is current open. we can do a poll if require. we still have 6 more days to go. lets run the poll for 4 days and open a new SS on the 5th day[/quote'] just change d min player rule & pm to all who have made d teams....... its simple as now no one can take 4 playr frm 1 team :omg:

min 1 player from each country is ok. as varun said, it will encourage ppl to research about minnows. otherwise no one will bother to pick from minnows. but min.1 players means 14 is gone, leaving only 2 more to be picked from 14 countries, which i guess is not an ideal scenario. on any given match day, i'll have a max of 4 players from my SS squad scoring points for me. and if i am not a regular subber, then it could be just 2, which is even worse.