Introduction Thread for New members  

52 members have voted

1. 1.

• Google
    • Referred by someone
    • Caught Bukhar
    • Other (please specify)
    • Youtube or other videos

are you guys the remnants of anil's army at icf? ROFL! i was actually one of the oldest members there at rivals when anil,gaurang were all forming their "alliance" way back in 2000... was only a part timer at sportsnetwork..but was banned nevertheless for poking at ganguly biased mdoerators intentionally, may i add. seven years later, one or other forms of the same network survives!
Oye...remember me?????

Rahul...Rahul Khan ( A Complete Introduction ) Nick : rkBond Location : Hyderabad, India Sex : Male E-mail : pm me to know it. Homepage : links not allowed, I guess! Hobbies : Cricket, Ghazals, Releasing torrents, etc. Quote : Have firm faith in Almighty and serve Humanity. Turn-ons : Broadminded people Turn-offs : Narrowminded & unaesthetic people Favorite Batsmen : Yuvraj, Dhoni, Kris Srikanth, Azharuddin, Vivian Richards, Greenidge, Haynes,... Favorite Bowlers : Munaf, Zaheer, Patthan, Nehra, Srinath, Kapil, Imran Khan, Marshal,... Favorite Spinners : Bhajji, Murali, Kumble, Warne, Qadir, Prasanna,... Favorite Keepers : Gilchrist, Healy, Kirmani, Wasim Bari,... Favorite Fielders : Kaif, Johnty, Azhar, Logi,... Favorite Music : Indian Semi-classical, ghazals, etc. Favorite Movies : Evil dead, Devadas Favorite Celebrities : Madhubala, SRK, Pierce Brosnan Favorite Food : Mughlai dishes Favorite Team : India Opinion about ICF : A dreamland for Cricket Lovers!

Namaste ICF’ers Blue blooded Indian here from Mumbai. Nearing 23, I cleared my Chartered Accountancy Final exams in July (with great difficulty) and I’ve started by first job in a Bank 3 weeks ago. There are very few things that are more important to me than Cricket. My love for this game must’ve begun right when my dad got me a plastic bat and ball when I was a toddler. Played for my school and college but couldn’t make it to any decent club here. I started watching cricket on TV during the 1991 India tour of Aus and went for my first cricket match in the 1996 WC, which was again versus Aus (we lost by 17 runs, but Sachin was ‘Paisa Vasool’). Our Test wins in Adelaide ’03, Rawalpindi ’04 and the 6 victories over Pakistan in World Cups are the ones which I cherish the most. As a fan, the most frustrating moments for me were the match-fixing saga in 1999 and our inexplicable first round exit from the 2007 WC. On both occasions I decided to distance myself from the game forever, but couldn’t do it for more than a month. Steve Waugh, Sachin , Wasim and Ponting are my all time favorite players. I can’t stand Azhar and Jadeja. I used to be a regular in the Cricket Room:1 on Yahoo chat and it was one of the guys there who told me about ICF on SN back in ’03. I kept logging in from time to time to check out the interesting threads but didn’t post much as I preferred to chat in real time. However, after the pro-ganguly sentiment on that board reached dizzying heights my visits became less frequent. Then one day I realized all the top posters of ICF had vanished leaving behind only the parochial ganguly brigade. I googled the usernames of various ICF’ers and managed to locate this site (after some effort!). Fantastic site you folks have put up here. With the cream of the old ICF here, this forum has a bright future, just like our team. Very long intro :P .But I’m here to stay! :finger:

HeHeHe...PK... if you would have participated in those "humous" threads..then i am sure..some one would have got your email id to send those Gems..from destruction... though i was banned there...i had no idea why it was a dead sea all of a sudden... and one fine day..i got a mail from BheemBhai...and rest is all history... Mods" can we extract that "initial" welcome thread..when we all started to join..here... what a welcome we all got..:D... and regarding this site....it has already become the best cricket discussion site on Indian cricket... and we have many posters here..who can give some of the sports editor a run for their money..in writing articles... i am sure...we will surge ahead in coming times... this month we complete one year of existence... cheers...

HeHeHe...PK... if you would have participated in those "humous" threads..then i am sure..some one would have got your email id to send those Gems..from destruction...
If you are talking about the Inzy-Athers interview threads or 'The Greatest Test match every played' thread, I have them all saved on my hard drive:D.

Nick : rkBond Location : Hyderabad, India Sex : Male E-mail : pm me to know it. Homepage : links not allowed, I guess! Hobbies : Cricket, Ghazals, Releasing torrents, etc. Quote : Have firm faith in Almighty and serve Humanity. Turn-ons : Broadminded people Turn-offs : Narrowminded & unaesthetic people Favorite Batsmen : Yuvraj, Dhoni, Kris Srikanth, Azharuddin, Vivian Richards, Greenidge, Haynes,... Favorite Bowlers : Munaf, Zaheer, Patthan, Nehra, Srinath, Kapil, Imran Khan, Marshal,... Favorite Spinners : Bhajji, Murali, Kumble, Warne, Qadir, Prasanna,... Favorite Keepers : Gilchrist, Healy, Kirmani, Wasim Bari,... Favorite Fielders : Kaif, Johnty, Azhar, Logi,... Favorite Music : Indian Semi-classical, ghazals, etc. Favorite Movies : Evil dead, Devadas Favorite Celebrities : Madhubala, SRK, Pierce Brosnan Favorite Food : Mughlai dishes Favorite Team : India Opinion about ICF : A dreamland for Cricket Lovers!
Nice introduction Rahul. Welcome to ICFans :top:

Namaste ICF’ers Blue blooded Indian here from Mumbai. Nearing 23, I cleared my Chartered Accountancy Final exams in July (with great difficulty) and I’ve started by first job in a Bank 3 weeks ago. There are very few things that are more important to me than Cricket. My love for this game must’ve begun right when my dad got me a plastic bat and ball when I was a toddler. Played for my school and college but couldn’t make it to any decent club here. I started watching cricket on TV during the 1991 India tour of Aus and went for my first cricket match in the 1996 WC, which was again versus Aus (we lost by 17 runs, but Sachin was ‘Paisa Vasool’). Our Test wins in Adelaide ’03, Rawalpindi ’04 and the 6 victories over Pakistan in World Cups are the ones which I cherish the most. As a fan, the most frustrating moments for me were the match-fixing saga in 1999 and our inexplicable first round exit from the 2007 WC. On both occasions I decided to distance myself from the game forever, but couldn’t do it for more than a month. Steve Waugh, Sachin , Wasim and Ponting are my all time favorite players. I can’t stand Azhar and Jadeja. I used to be a regular in the Cricket Room:1 on Yahoo chat and it was one of the guys there who told me about ICF on SN back in ’03. I kept logging in from time to time to check out the interesting threads but didn’t post much as I preferred to chat in real time. However, after the pro-ganguly sentiment on that board reached dizzying heights my visits became less frequent. Then one day I realized all the top posters of ICF had vanished leaving behind only the parochial ganguly brigade. I googled the usernames of various ICF’ers and managed to locate this site (after some effort!). Fantastic site you folks have put up here. With the cream of the old ICF here, this forum has a bright future, just like our team. Very long intro :P .But I’m here to stay! :finger:
Yeh hui na baat! Nice introduction P_K. BTW I also used to frequent the Yahoo Cricket Chat Rooms back in 2002/2003. Tera id kya tha? :D