Champions League 2010

King Tendulkar

^ We have been pretty Ordinary in the premiership this Year[ Others have been more Ordinary than us]. IMO we played better Football last year, still lost Than what we have done this year.

Mourinho gets five-match ban, clubs to appeal

(Reuters) - Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has been given a five-match touchline ban in European competition for his sending off and verbal outburst at the Champions League semi-final first leg against Barcelona, UEFA said on Friday. Mourinho, who won the European Cup with Inter Milan last season, was also fined 50,000 euros ($72,650) for his behaviour by a UEFA disciplinary panel. European football's governing body said Mourinho's ban included the second leg of the tie, which he has already served, while the final match would be suspended for a probationary three-year period. That means the Portuguese coach will be banned from the touchline for the first three European matches next season. Barcelona's reserve goalkeeper Jose Pinto was suspended for three matches after being sent off in a scuffle on the touchline at halftime of the same game. He will miss the final against Manchester United at Wembley on May 28 as a result. Both Real Madrid and Barcelona said they were going to appeal the decisions in statements on their websites. PEPE PROTESTS Mourinho was dismissed in the second half of the first leg against Barcelona for his protests over the red card for Real midfielder Pepe for a studs-up challenge on Dani Alves. After the match, Mourinho belittled the achievements of his counterpart Pep Guardiola, saying he would have been ashamed to have won the 2009 competition the way they did, and suggested there was a conspiracy among referees to favour the Catalan club. The nine-times European champions lost the match 2-0 at the Bernabeu and were eliminated after a 1-1 draw in this week's return, when Mourinho's place on the touchline was taken by assistant Aitor Karanka. Pinto also served the first match of his ban in this week's second leg. Real were fined 20,000 euros ($29,060) for the improper conduct of their supporters. UEFA did not add to the one-match ban for Pepe, which he served in the second leg. MOURINHO v UEFA Mourinho has already been in trouble with UEFA this season when he was given a two-match ban over allegations that two of his players engineered deliberate red cards on his orders in a group game against Ajax back in November. After an appeal, UEFA reduced the ban to one game with a second deferred for a probationary period of three years, and cut his fine to 30,000 euros from 40,000. Real's fine was reduced to 100,000 euros from 120,000. Afterwards, Mourinho described UEFA's decision as a "medal" and not a punishment and complained there was one rule for him and another for other coaches. The outspoken Portuguese also had a run-in with UEFA while manager of Chelsea in the 2004-5 Champions League season, after Didier Drogba was controversially sent off in a last-16 first leg against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Chelsea and Mourinho made unsubstantiated claims that then-Barca manager Frank Rijkaard had gone to speak to Swedish referee Anders Frisk at halftime of that game. UEFA gave Mourinho a two-match touchline ban and fined him 75,000 swiss francs and his club Chelsea 75,000.
reuters :clap: :clap:

How would Utd Fans like to see them line up vs Barca Would you start Hernandez? And Fletcher, Nani or Carrick (I think Park, and Giggs pick themselves, Valenica has played himself into the starting line up too) If that is Fletcher gets good playing time over the next couple of matches, Fergie does like him.

I have a question for my fellow United Fans, Though Hernandez is doing more than what was expected of him. Dont any of you think he is missing too many dollies to put them at the back of the net?

^Although Hernandez has missed quite a few dollies he has still scored some of the most important goals for the club this season and has come to the rescue when we needed it many a times so I would show confidence in him and play him in the Final. I am a very, very big fan of Berbatov and would love to see him play and its a great injustice to him that despite scoring the highest number of goals Fergie does not think him to be worthy enough to start important matches so I sadly do not see Berba starting this match :((

United and that comeback Manchester United's 1999 comeback against Bayern Munich is next as we look back at some memorable finals in Europe's top club competition. By Ian Griffiths Senior Editor

When Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Teddy Sheringham scored for Manchester United in the dying moments of a dramatic 1999 UEFA Champions League final against Bayern Munich, their goals sealed what - up until then - was the greatest comeback Europe's premier club competition had ever seen. Trailing 1-0 and seemingly unable to penetrate a resolute German defence, United had summoned the heroic duo from the bench in an attempt to salvage something from a final that was slowly but surely slipping away from them. What happened next is the stuff of legends, the Red Devils' eventual 2-1 success a memorable part of the Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup treble they achieved during what proved to be a sensational season for everyone connected with Sir Alex Ferguson's talented outfit. Having already sealed two of their three trophies - the Premier League and the FA Cup - United entered the May 26 clash at Barcelona's Camp Nou Stadium in high spirits, a buoyant mood no doubt enhanced by memories of a sensational 'come from behind' triumph that accounted for Juventus in the semi-finals. Within six minutes however, they were behind. Giant centre-back Jaap Stam crashed into Bayern's Carsten Jancker on the edge of United's box to concede an early free-kick. In a flash, the Dutchman's clumsiness was punished by Mario Basler who stepped up to fire home past a flatfooted Peter Schmeichel from 25 yards. Stung into action, the 1968 European Cup winners fought back through Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole who both came close to restoring parity in a half which saw Bayern defending resolutely whilst threatening - particularly through the ever dangerous Alexander Zickler - to cause chaos on the counter-attack. Shortly after the break, Stam's defensive partner Ronnie Johnson headed over before United's best chance of the game came and went, Jesper Blomqvist firing wide following a delightful pass from Welshman Ryan Giggs. Dreams of a treble were fading fast. Bayern, still glowing from a comprehensive Bundesliga triumph, responded in dramatic fashion and only the woodwork prevented them from doubling their advantage when Basler's long-range attempt agonisingly clipped Schmeichel's bar. The Bavarians pressed again, this time Steffan Effenberg brought the best out of Schmeichel thanks to a fine shot that United's keeper turned away superbly. The Danish stopper was helpless moments later as Mehmet Scholl's delightful chipped effort thumped against the upright. The Munich charge was relentless but worse was to come for Ottmar Hitzfeld's men. With only five minutes remaining, Jancker's spectacular bicycle kick hit the frame of the goal to compound their agony. What could have been. And then the drama. First, and with the match drifting into three minutes of stoppage time, a David Beckham corner was cleared to Giggs who lofted the ball into Bayern's penalty area. Sheringham, lurking menacingly, pounced to steer home a neat right foot shot past a helpless Oliver Kahn. The equaliser. Seizing the initiative and roared on by their travelling support, United gained another corner with only seconds remaining. Yet again, Beckham's delivery was pinpoint. Sheringham soared above Bayern's woefully static defenders and flicked the ball on to Solskjaer. The Norwegian marksman poked his foot at the ball and beat both Kahn and the two defenders stationed on the line. How the Mancunians celebrated. Against all the odds, the giants of English football had bagged their second continental crown and secured an unbelievable treble. As Bayern's players lay distraught on the pitch, United were left to parade the Champions League trophy and reflect on what had been quite an amazing game. "This is the best moment of my life. I'm really proud of my players, proud of my heritage and my family for what they have given me," a jubilant Ferguson said after the drama had subsided. "I simply don't know where to begin but you can't deny people with this spirit we have and that's why we have won this trophy. "Football is such a funny game. It's a fairytale really." How true Sir Alex, how true. Bayern Munich 1 - 2 Manchester United - May 26, 1999 Camp Nou, Barcelona Bayern Munich: Kahn (captain), Linke, Matthaus (Fink), Kuffour, Babbel, Jeremies, Effenberg, Tarnat, Basler (Salihamidzic), Jancker, Zickler (Scholl). Scorer: Basler (6) Manchester United: Schmeichel (captain), G.Neville, Johnsen, Stam, Irwin, Beckham, Butt, Giggs, Blomqvist (Sheringham), Cole (Solskjaer), Yorke. Scorers: Sheringham (90+1), Solskjaer (90+3)
espnstar What a match that was :adore: