XIX Commonwealth Games, Delhi, 3-14 October

no i didnt watch it' date=' is it allowed to lift a lower weight once u have failed at a higher weight? :hmmm:[/quote'] I am not sure about the rules of weight lifting .. that was what I was also thinking... but she should have tried for 100 kg in the second attempt and gone increasing gradually in the third attempt instead of going for the kill in the second attempt itself and missing out on a sure shot gold

I am not sure about the rules of weight lifting .. that was what I was also thinking... but she should have tried for 100 kg in the second attempt and gone increasing gradually in the third attempt instead of going for the kill in the second attempt itself and missing out on a sure shot gold
i guess she was confident of lifting it :dontknow: let it go VR, she will be more sad than u or i can ever be

i guess she was confident of lifting it :dontknow: let it go VR, she will be more sad than u or i can ever be
I agree.. it was just that I was watching it live and so I got a bit too pissed off with this simple miscalculation and losing out a sure shot gold waise this thread should be moved to chit chat .. there is hardly any participation in this section as most people dont visit this section of the forum

I agree.. it was just that I was watching it live and so I got a bit too pissed off with this simple miscalculation and losing out a sure shot gold waise this thread should be moved to chit chat .. there is hardly any participation in this section as most people dont visit this section of the forum
participation will be more once the ind0-aussie test match is over :winky:

Did anyone watch the swimming today, something fell from the roof and landed in the pool, for a second people sh*tted themselves thinking the roof gonna fall. Fortunately whatever that fell was cleared up and everything was alright.

Did anyone watch the swimming today' date=' something fell from the roof and landed in the pool, for a second people sh*tted themselves thinking the roof gonna fall. Fortunately whatever that fell was cleared up and everything was alright.[/quote'] it was Sir John pooping on the roof

Official site for CWG: ----> http://www.cwgdelhi2010.org/ End of Day 1 standings: sp9.jpg India should medals in their traditional areas in weightlifting, boxing,shooting,archery,badminton,tennis, and wrestling. They'll miss out in the swimming,and track where a lot of medals ( a whopping 106 gold medals) are up for grabs. Expect Australia,England, and Canada to be among the medals. The question is whether India can break through in the top 3. Also from Day 1 India beats Kenya in the Badminton Team format 5-0. Saina starts in good form. Hopefully a gold for her. Tomorrow they face Barabados. Day 2 - Watch out for : Hockey : India vs Malaysia

day2.png

So the Australian games begins again. As with Olympics, Commonwealth games are skewed towards swimmers and runners. Maybe they should give out multiple golds for team games to make it even or have 5 min, 10 min, 15 min and so on hockey games too. If i was in Delhi, i would have gone just to support some Indians in unknown sports like weightlifting and gymnastics.

we missed out on possible gold yesterday in weight lifting.
yes I know.. she made a huge mistake as I mentioned above by going for 103 kg instead of 100 kg .. we are now 4th in medals tally .. we should have been 2nd behind Aus if we had won that gold .. and it was a sure shot gold