Bears, Colts set for historic Super Bowl

talksport

Re: Bears, Colts set for historic Super Bowl Damn, what an anti-climactic finish. Such an incredible start for the Bears and they still blew it. Not that the Colts were the better team, but that was down to Grossman throwing a sh*t game and ultimately that was what cost Chicago even though their defense did fine. They were neck and neck, up until that awful fourth quarter when Grossman got intercepted twice...Oh well. After seeing their defeat to the Colts, i wonder how they got past a team like the Saints (best offence in the league this season). I watched the game with a bunch of Jets fans, and they were all rooting for the Colts 'cos they were the team that knocked out the despised Patriots. Bud Light really outdid themselves this year..."When someone asks you for your Bud Light, you say..." - "ME NO SPEAK ENGLISH !!" :lmao:

Re: Bears, Colts set for historic Super Bowl Surprising to see a dome team pulls it off in super slippery conditions, the ones that are used to 70 degree climate and lose 2 outta 3 in open.. Almost all analysts favored the Bears aka the wind,sleet,slush city dudes over Indy in that playing condition. Good for Manning on his first ring, Tony the first afr. american to do it and all 'Hoosiers' to to finally brag abt the lombardi trophy.

Re: Bears, Colts set for historic Super Bowl

The Bud Light ads were pretty funny...apart from those' date=' nothing to write home about.[/quote'] They always put up the best ads at the Superbowl. WTF was that K-Fed ad about :shrug:
Almost all analysts favored the Bears aka the wind,sleet,slush city dudes over Indy in that playing condition.
Eh ? Which analysts are you talking about ? All the CBS guys favoured the Colts. On the day of the game USA Today showed their 10 columnists' predictions - 8 of them went for the Colts. The Colts were favourites and they won. The media here are sh*tting all over Grossman, BTW. He won't be around next season - surely not.

Re: Bears, Colts set for historic Super Bowl Colts deserved this win. Manning lead this team 2 years ago and nearly reached super bowl but then Tony Dungy is one of the decent coaches out there. He never uses a bad word or curses. It is an extremely rare character in a football coach. I thought better team won yesterday. Colts were throwing well, catching well and intercepting well. A total team effort. By the by who won the MVP? I missed the MVP award

Eh ? Which analysts are you talking about ? All the CBS guys favoured the Colts.
They all favored Bears to have huge upper hand just prior to the game when it was blowing a gale out there.Colts are a dome team used to 75 degree dry weather and hence not as used to gripping the soggy ball as Bears. I rooted for Indy so as many others under normal circumstances.

Re: Bears, Colts set for historic Super Bowl it was a brilliant brilliant start for the bears..... the first ever time in superbowl history that a touchdown was scored from the opening kickoff, i think.... then it was Colts all the way...... the bears offense became too rusty ,when they were out for almost 25 mins at a stretch.... hats of to Manning, the MVP.... he was a true skipper.... a major horse off his back... and how can i miss any mention of Dungy.... he wrote his name into america's black history... here is a video of the opening kickoff... brilliant TD...

same here BB...its been almost 6 years in USA and never ever have followed any american sports... :hic: :hic: :hic: :hic:
Kabira/Bheem, you should take a jump and check it out! I kind of stayed away for few years but after learning the rules and the strategy involved with each game got into it. It is amazing when you watch each throw/carry being controlled by coaching staff from the sidelines. Also since the game is a total team game where the quater back who throws the ball leads the team and other players in his side provides protection for him or is trying to connect his pass. The other side is equally trying hard on blocking this guy on making an inch into their territory. It looks like a group bull fight for someone who doesnt understand the game but once you get into it you are a football fan forever and the football fervor cannot be duplicated!