Most pointless family picture of the year

King

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year

interesting write up ravi... but you dint mention the countries or cities these things were happening...
sultans with 30 odd wives
its not permitted in islam, what ever said and done. fours the limit... :chin: where is this?
Sorry to say this if you do not know but your prophet has married more than 4 times if you want to look it up.
do you know the details?? if not don't air your ignorance... he only had four at one single time... i dont know the details but i do know that simple fact...
I'm saying don't think either of us are ignorant till proven, it is a common knowledge the prophet married 22 times. Google it or just go to this site http://www.muslimhope.com/WhyDidMohammedGetSoManyWives.htm#_Toc137729539

You again fail to look it up from the angle of women. Why is it that the women are not allowed to keep 4 husbands at the same time? The girls left to burn alive was in one of those middle east countries. Honestly the west you mention is not excatly the way it is. You are very naive and do not know how things operate elsewhere. This is why I said in future when you visit rest of the world and live you will figure out how wrong you were in your thinking. Believe me a lot of westerners that you refer to have more morale and show greater responsibility towards their kids. This is something I tell my fella Indians when I visit India. I see a lot of my relatives, the married ones in particular turn up late on a daily basis in the name of being busy at work. A visit to the nearest pub is a weekly or thrice a weekly affair. Just taking their kids out sometimes and buying them stuff makes them think they are taking great care of the kids. Compare that to the ideal westerners, they go home on time more often than not. They indulge in helping their kids with a lot of things when growing up. The kids are encouraged a lot without having things forced on them. When the kids grow up to be teenagers they give them space quite naturally as anyone knows a person's behaviour alters when they get to teens. Unfortunately the conservative ones make it harder for the kids and force them into lot of things just in the name of guiding them through. I am surprised you think the westerners just make babies and don't take good care of them. :lol:
ravi, oh dear ravi, how can i not think in the way women think when i am one? i've heard of the burn alive bit among hindus... and abt the westerners bit... why are they doing it?? they have those child care stuff, and those social care, etc, etc... and those indians ur talking abt... they're frm where? North right? We southerners consider those frm the north equavalent to west... thats the way of life... i've been there...
The problem is as I said in my very first post when I got into this kind of discussion with you I don't mean malice to your current religious thoughts. You wanted to hear my views and you are getting it unadulterated. You have to understand I am not a fan of any religion. Just comparing your religion to another one will not make flaws in your religion go away. By saying even in Hinduism people got burned alive does it justify the act of not letting the girls go out of the school without veil? I do know there are plenty of issues with other religions too and I'm clearly saying none of the religions fit the current world perfectly. They have been altered to suit the modern world. If they are practiced the way they were created then we would rather not have this modren world (including the internet we are using to communicate). As far as the social care, child care stuff goes it is good for the community and the society. The enitre society bears the responsibility and that is a good thing not a bad one. Read this part "The Muslim population in Africa represents about 65% of all the African people. AIDS kills some 6,000 people each day in Africa, which amounts to more deaths than caused by wars, famines and floods. Africa is home to 70% of the adults and 80% of the children living with HIV in the world. The estimated number of newly infected adults and children in Africa reached 3.5 million at the end of 2001. It has also been estimated that 28.5 million adults and children were living with HIV/AIDS in Africa by the end of the year. AIDS deaths totaled 3 million globally in 2001, and of that total, 2.2 million AIDS deaths occurred in Africa alone. " Over this African muslim nations are some of the poorest on earth. The kids don't get a glass of water to drink in a day and they will be lucky to get a meal a day. There is no structure, child care, social welfare in these parts of the world. Don't you think it will help to have such a system in countries like this. Has the religion helped these countries? Absolutely not. Do you know a lot of people from around the world help these African countries by chipping in whatever they can? If religion was the answer this part of the world could have been a perfect place just like where you live right? The reality is it is not. You can say as much as you want and try to defend your religion or match against other religions but in the end the message is plain and simple "Religions are just a lame reason for some people to force their views on others" in my opinion. You don't have to agree with this but you wanted to hear my views and you are getting it :wtg:

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year yes, quite agree with that ravi... everyone has their own POV... its not like as if i'm out to get u'll to convert... So lets leave this... plus need to concentrate on my exams... In 3 wks time... have to start studying... I'm already :tired: just thinking abt it... :Cry:

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year just to let u'll know, there are a number of divisions in islam. I'm not sure of their names... One is the division that the caliphs took after the death of the prophet. The other is the way that the prophet's family members took. Their reasoning, succession shd be in the family. I follow the caliphs way, but to my knowledge, the extremists are those that follow the family... There are more minor divisions, not familiar with those...

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Yup I've done some reasearch and figured out there is no easy way to justify age old religions. A lot of those preachings are redundant and causes disharmony. They cannot be taken on face value, the good ones should be observed and those obsolete should be left unpracticed. You are better off concentrating on studies than deliberating on the religious issues at this point in time. If everyone believed in religions and followed it word to word the current world would not have existed. :wtg:

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Stop mooning little girls dsr.... :club: :ninja: :shotgun: As my husband believes....religion like prostitution is the oldest and the most sucessful business.Your views are very close to his Ravi..... Sometimes i wonder how much religion has to do with the creator (if any ) and how much with the people who control it at any given time.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Identity is the most important thing for modern man... it could be with a place, society, language, region, religion... and tht identity should make him feel important... Religion satisfies that and attaining salvation is secondary sadly...

:hic: Topic closed till it's opened. This topic is like Jumanji' date=' if one opens it we have to keep it rolling. :loco:[/quote'] i'm not done yet, but its been a distraction from my exams... once its over, i'll be back.... oh.... but then, i'll be going to india, and after that to singapore to study... but i'll definitely get the time... later after my exams... :lol: So, till jumanji opens again...

Stop mooning little girls dsr.... :club: :ninja: :shotgun: As my husband believes....religion like prostitution is the oldest and the most sucessful business.Your views are very close to his Ravi..... Sometimes i wonder how much religion has to do with the creator (if any ) and how much with the people who control it at any given time.
Glad your better half thinks too, he will go a long way in life :wtg: :rocklicker: Setting certian cultural things are fine but to observe religion in every walk of life would be futile. You can't be dictated how to lead your life religion simply because everyone is blessed with intellect and you need to put that use in daily life. Those religious leaders put theirs in, had a good life, preached what they thought was right and let others follow them. It is as simple as that.