Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin Last time Lara toured england he was embarasing. Kept getting his leg stumped bowled and done by short ball. Scores in single figure were norm. Today against worst pak attack in living memory using razzaq as 3rd seamer for god sake, on the easiest of batting tracks he hets runs and everyone goes ga ga. He is good but has serious flaws aginst pace and bounce nowdays. I would take Sachin anyday. He will do his talking like he always does with the willow. I predict Sachin to have a glory run for the next couple of years. He will also finish with 50 test tons which no one will break EVER.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin Lara's failures are easily forgotten. His non performance against England home and away in 2004(apart from one useless 400*) and in 2000. His dismal performance in Australia in 2000. His crappy exploits in RSA in the 90s. Bond handing his ass to him in NZ in 2005. His perennial non performance against India including his third class effort in the 4th test earlier this year.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin >>>>Ok. You need to be banned for calling AB overhyped. He is a simply outstanding actor. Is pe charcha karni hai to General board pe ek naya vishay shuru kariye. Sacchi gambit...i can never get what people find so good about him... Bhagwan kasam...!!except may be in that movie....jisme woh Eng prof tha ...aur botany padhata hai .... :lmao: :lmao: Have you seen KANK....sexy sam :eew: :eew: :eew: :eew: :eew: :eew: EWWWWWWWWWW!! :rocklicker:

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin

>>>Even during the same era, I'll bet Ponting did worse than SRT from mid 90s to early 2000. Ok ...so be specific and say .....SRT was greatest in mid 90s to early 2000.... not the all time greatest ever.....
So who would you rate better, someone doing well against Ali for over a decade or someone who has been doing even better but against me for 3/4 years :lol:

Greatest ever title was taken up by someone averaging higher by about FORTY points decades before. :hic:
Someone averaged about 50 points better in recent time against amateurs too :lol::lol:
Yea, but it wasn't test cricket, was it? :hic:

Greatest ever title was taken up by someone averaging higher by about FORTY points decades before. :hic:
not IMO. Sachin is the greatest ever. And unlike Bradman, Ponting and Lara. Sachin is a quality bowler :spin: He is a shorter version of Symonds with the ball in hand. Look at tommorow there is talk of Sachin bowling his seamers :hail:

So who would you rate better, someone doing well against Ali for over a decade or someone who has been doing even better but against me for 3/4 years :lol:
If that someone was only fighting Ali .......and the other someone was fighting only you(which i am sure isn't that bad... :hic: )Then the former is better...but that is not exactly the case here ...isn't it... In international cricket everyone gets to play a mixed bag of bowlers....

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin Defend Sachin all you want, but the fact is that he just has to start scoring runs to be rated alongside Lara and Ponting in their current vein of form. He has failed in his last two series against England and Pakistan, and take away that hundred at Delhi and he had a fairly mediocre series vs SL too. This is the lowest ebb of his career 'til date. Personally, i think his technique has deteriorated. There can't be any other explanation. It has nothing to do with his mindset - after all, he still bats uninhibitedly in ODI cricket doesn't he ? Still charges at spinners, plays shots inside out, drives and cuts like he always has. Batsmen always go through their highs and lows, and there are times when they doubt themselves - ie; Lara was supposed to be in decline after he quit captaincy in '00. Now he is enjoying the best years of his life. Good batsmen who have faith in themselves are able to overcome any mental blocks. Tendulkar's mindset hasn't changed at all, but his reflexes have slowed, his back has stiffened over the years and the memory of that horrific tennis elbow injury is still fresh - as a result his technique has worsened, forcing him to cut out certain shots from his game. People tend to overlook the fact that he has playing top level cricket since the age of 16. He may be 33, but he has been involved in the game for longer than anyone else. Such a prolonged career takes it's toll, in the form of wear and tear. His decline is permanent...and he just won't be the same batsman he once was.

I think Ponting is the greatest test bat around currently. The recent SA series, was his career defining series for me. On tricky bowling pitches, he cracked ton after ton when his team was under the mat. Besides Punter has made a habit of making his presence count in BIG games. I have not seen Lara match Punter consistently against good attacks, in key encounters.
First of all, are you talking about tests here or ODIs? Secondly, Punter's team was never on the mat in RSA. Sachin has fared as good or bad as these two have in the last 4 years in the so called big games. And before that, SRT was untouchable no matter what the game.
Both Tests & ODIs. I should reword my post that Punter is the best batsman currently. Recently, Punter saved a test in the Ashes, against a very good pace attack. He cracks a ton or two almost every series (and at good pace, setting up the game). In SA, i thought he scored a ton in the 3rd test (I just checked, i was wrong). But his two tons nevertheless, helped Australia win a Test, setting up the series win. In ODIs, in key elimination/title encounters, he succeeds more often than fails. Im not sure i can say the same about Lara. He chokes against good attacks & comes out all guns blazing, the moment, mediocre bowlers are in sight. And almost always, when the pressure is on, u can expect the queen to fail.

I hope thats true dsr....that will be good for the team...
It will be I think he has looked quality since he came back apart from one knock against oz. We have been here so many times before, a few low scores and the knives are out. No other cricketer gets the level of criticism he gets after a few low scores :huh: He will answer his critics like he has for well over a DECADE! Watch out SA