'2002 riot records destroyed'

1983-2011

I dont understand how people can defend Modi on his role in the Gujrat riots. He may be a very efficient administrator but the taints of communal violence simply cannot be wished away. What happened in Godhra was horrible, but that cant be used as justification to kill people who had no relation to the killings in Godhra. All guilty of violence in Godhra and the rest of Gujrat must be punished irrespective of what religion they belong to

Fracking beacon of democracy is Gujarat' date=' no wonder your leader can't even get permission to p!ss in the US. :hysterical:[/quote'] but but but there were businessmen from us and around the world taking part Vibrant Gujarat...I guess they are stupid as well to support State full of hatred... You don't even live here, you don't even know ground realities, but you come and accuse us of being blind..LOL...as I said Modi or No Modi, if another Godhra happens, similar riots will happen..Period..If you don't understand that point that part sorry you will never understand Gujarati People.

but but but there were businessmen from us and around the world taking part Vibrant Gujarat...I guess they are stupid as well to support State full of hatred... You don't even live here, you don't even know ground realities, but you come and accuse us of being blind..LOL...as I said Modi or No Modi, if another Godhra happens, similar riots will happen..Period..If you don't understand that point that part sorry you will never understand Gujarati People.
Nazi speak! OMG! :fear:

I dont understand how people can defend Modi on his role in the Gujrat riots. He may be a very efficient administrator but the taints of communal violence simply cannot be wished away. What happened in Godhra was horrible, but that cant be used as justification to kill people who had no relation to the killings in Godhra. All guilty of violence in Godhra and the rest of Gujrat must be punished irrespective of what religion they belong to
Agree with second part. It was shameful, I cried on that day. I agree all the guilty ppl should be punished. But again I don't understand why Modi is singled out here... Independent inquiry committe has been doing the investigation sponsored by Center (who absolutely hate Modi and do whatever it takes to nail him) but even then so far he has never been charged, They should atleast charge him and force him to resign..Don't know what Sonia is doing about it.

so you totally lost the plot there...Cool. Care to explain why there has been no riots for past 10 years??
Care to explain why the only place there have been major riots in India in the last 20 years has been the great state of Gujarat, whose CM cannot p!ss in the US even after begging on all fours?

Orissa??? Hyderabad? all had riots.. Again you missed the point, its cause and effect. Riots happened due Godhra, I guess you are scientist , so you tend miss simple cause and effect Our CM does not have to beg for USA. USA companies are begging him for MOUs.

Our CM does not have to beg for USA. USA companies are begging him for MOUs.
I have never heard of anyone being denied a Visa without applying - your leader begged for entry, got his butt kicked, went to the Central government, still got his butt kicked. Goes to show the stature of your leader that even l.und fakeeers like Ahmedinijaad are allowed in the US, but your leader can't even find a place to p!ss despite begging multiple times.

I am still waiting for an answer from smart' date=' genious scientist, why there has been no riots since last 10 years even though mass murderer is in power...[/quote'] Already answered - there have been no major riots in India for the last 20 years except the ones instigated by your glorious leader who begs to p!ss in the US and is offered a diaper.

I have never heard of anyone being denied a Visa without applying - your leader begged for entry' date=' got his butt kicked, went to the Central government, still got his butt kicked. Goes to show the stature of your leader that even l.und fakeeers like Ahmedinijaad are allowed in the US, but your leader can't even find a place to p!ss despite begging multiple times.[/quote']He applied once in 2005 and was rejected. He never applied again. As far as US denying entry - Narendra Modi finds himself in the company of Paul Erdos and Nelson Mandela who were also restricted from entering the US at some point of time.

Rett: I can understand that being a Gujarati, you are angry about what happened in Godhra and all that. Your frustration is also understandable. But don't let that cloud your thinking when it comes to dispensing justice. Forget that you are a Hindu. Forget that ( most) of the victims of the riot were Muslims. There were people who did wrong, and there were people who were wronged. Do you know, that the perpetrators of the Godhra train massacre have been tried and punished in various degrees by the courts. Quite a few have been given the death sentence. Many have been awarded life imprisonments and many more lesser punishments. For crimes ranging from murder, conspiracy to murder, abetting murder, destroying evidence and what not. And all of them deserve the punishment. No one is going to shed tears over them. In some way, the families of the victims of the Godhra train massacre can have some closure to this chapter of their life. I know this verdict will not bring the dead ones back, but they have some semblance of justice. On the other hand, the families of those who suffered in the riots, who were just as innocent as those who were burned in the train have had no such luck. There have been very few cases, in spite of the gargantuan amount of evidence and eye witness testimonials, there have been very few arrest- superficial at that and there has been nothing close to justice for these victims. Many of them have lost their property/ businesses completely in the riots. Not only has the state not been able to give them any kind of justice ( I'm not saying they are complicit) nor have they been given any compensation. For the Godhra chapter to be fully over, there has to be closure to this end of the story too. These people were also innocents. Some of the killers are roaming free after committing some heinous crimes. Who are the victims supposed to turn to, in such a situation? Whose duty is it to ensure that they get their dues and justice?
I understand your PoV, but imo * what happened at Godhra was a pre-planned attack. It is difficult to have such attack w/o the support of ones community/religious leaders * what happened post-Godhra was riots from wiki:
Post Godhra violence Tension gripped parts of Gujarat state while examinations all over the state were canceled. The Vishwa Hindu Parishad has called for a statewide bandh to protest burning of Godhra train burning. Fearing communal clashes, administration imposed curfew in several areas. Rapid Action Force were deployed in Godhra's sensitive area and around Godhra station.Mob sets fire to Wakf board office in Gujarat secretariat, Sheela Bhatt, February 28, 2002, Godhra The Indian government on March 1st dispatched around 1,000 paramilitary personnel to Gujarat and asked the army to be on standby to maintain law and order in the state. The Army began flag marches in the worst-affected areas and shoot-at-sight orders were issued in 34 curfew-bound cities and towns in Gujarat. [26] 151 towns and 993 villages[27] in fifteen to sixteen of the state's 25 districts were affected by the post-Godhra violence, which was particularly severe in about five or six districts. The violence raged largely between 28 February and 3 March, and after a drop, restarted on 15 March, continuing till mid June.[28] Northern and central Gujarat, as well as the north-eastern tribal belt which are closer to Godhra City, were the worst affected while Saurashtra and Kutch remained largely peaceful.[27] Attacks on Muslims Attacks by large Hindu mobs began in the districts of Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Saberkantha and, for the first time in its history, Gandhinagar on 28 February. Violence spread to the largely rural districts of Panchmahals, Mehsana, Kheda, Junagadh, Banaskantha, Patan, Anand and Narmada the next day. Over the next two days, Bharuch and Rajkot and later Surat were hit.[29] The first incidents of attacks on the Muslim community started at Ahmedabad, where Hindus began throwing stones at and later burned a Muslim housing complex known as Gulburg Society, and then spread elsewhere.[30] The initial violence was believed to be instigated by unsubstantiated rumours, endorsed by a senior VHP leader, of Muslims having kidnapped three Hindu girls during the Godhra train attack.[30] In Ahmedabad, the dargah of the Sufi saint-poet Wali Gujarati in Shahibaug and the 16th century Gumte Masjid mosque in Isanpur were destroyed. The Muhafiz Khan Masjid at Gheekanta was ransacked.[31] Police records list 298 dargahs, 205 mosques, 17 temples and three churches as damaged in the months of March and April.[32] Attacks on Hindus Attacks on Hindus by Muslim mobs in Danilimda, Modasa, Himmatnagar, Bharuch, Sindhi Market, Bhanderi Pole, and other localities in the city of Ahmedabad in Gujarat were perpetrated by Muslim mobs.[33] There was a significant loss of property.[34][35] Late in March, more than one thousand Hindus in Dariyapur and Kalupur, including 550 dalits, fled their homes to stay in makeshift shelters after being attacked by Muslims mobs.[36] According to the HRW report, over ten thousand Hindus were made homeless.[33] Several Hindu residential areas, including Mahajan No Vaado, a fortified enclave in Muslim dominated Jamalpur, were targeted following calls for retaliation. In the morning the mosques began announcing that Islam was in danger, that there was poison in the milk. This was used as a code word. The milk was meant to be Muslims & poison meant Hindus. The rioting lasted between 2:15 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.[33] Residents were unable to go to work, fearing attacks. A Hindu temple in the area was destroyed. In Himmatnagar, a young man was killed when he went to a Muslim enclave on business.[33] Toll According to an official estimate, 1044 people were killed in the violence - 790 Muslims and 254 Hindus including those killed in the Godhra train fire. Another 223 people were reported missing, 2,548 injured, 919 women widowed and 606 children orphaned.[37] Unofficial estimates put the death toll closer to 2000, with Muslims forming a high proportion of those killed.[38] When missing people were declared dead after 7 years, total deaths went up from 1044 to 1,267.[39][40]

yes but that mass murder has been in Rule, so there should be riots isnt?? He loves genocide, killing. He can tamper with evidence, he has police in his pocket. why he is not doing it?? so Mr. Scientist, smart and fair guy I ask again, why he has not done it again...He has everthing going for him, the stupid Gujarati public is voting for him. He should have wiped off entire muslim population by now...

Whenever someone praises Modi's role in developmental work in Gujarat there is always talk of the taint of the riots. Well, why isnt there the same vitriol for Rajiv Gandhi who was the PM during 1984 Sikh riots? Another fact - PV Narasimha Rao was the Home Minister in 1984, responsible for law and order in Delhi. But when he became PM none of the "secularists" objected on that basis. I dont think anything is going to come out of this witch-hunt against Modi. The SIT itself admitted there is no credible evidence against him.

Fracking beacon of democracy is Gujarat' date=' no wonder your leader can't even get permission to p!ss in the US. :hysterical:[/quote'] wow, how is not getting US visa a big deal? .... I guess, people have to vote based on who gets/can get US visas :hysterical: And since Bush is allowed in different countries, one should vote for likes of him so that he could kill 1000s of muslims in the middle east for oil

yes but that mass murder has been in Rule, so there should be riots isnt?? He loves genocide, killing. He can tamper with evidence, he has police in his pocket. why he is not doing it?? so Mr. Scientist, smart and fair guy I ask again, why he has not done it again...He has everthing going for him, the stupid Gujarati public is voting for him. He should have wiped off entire muslim population by now...
Huh? Why would he? He is already in power and has the support of enough communalistic scums to keep on electing him term after term. Why would he instigate another riot and jeopardize a future chance to prostrate on US soil?

FYI' date=' he was in power when Riots happen, so why did he do it then ??[/quote'] Because : 1. He wasn't sure if he will be re-elected - not only BJP, but even if BJP won he was not the automatic CM choice for the next term. 2. He is a sick son of a b!tch who likes to see Muslims being killed.