Azhar 115(110) Capetown

Gambit

Was it Mike Haysman who said, "Never have i seen the game being played like this". Tremendous innings.
It was Robin Jackman ! Yes the pace of the partnership was almost unheard of in test cricket. There were living dangerously and seemed as though they could get out any moment ! Watching it on T.V , i was just hoping it would continue as long as it could ! It took an outstanding catch by Adam Bacher to get rid of Sachin. Klusener seemed quick , sometimes even quicker than Donald. And w.r.t all the claims made in the "Forget the IT boom , welcome the pace boom " thread about Pollock bowling at 140+ in the intial stages of his career , i guess all you guys are referring to matches in this period. Looking at the video though , sure doesnt seem like that..

:hysterical:the commentary is really funny anybody knows the indian commentator who was with sunny in the video ..really funny . best part is when he says when donald is hit for a four"how do i stem the flow of runs...':hysterical::haha:

Guest dada_rocks

I vividly remmeber sachin going down the pitch to calm azhar down when he played and missed few and looked little reckless

He routinely played such innings out of anger. That is what these innings of his are really, his deepest expression of anger. Azhar was always such an inconsistent batsman...he would go through these barren patches of form and being the Indian captain, the media would get on his back and p*ss him off. So every now and then, he would come out and explode with these innings. The 70 ball hundred vs SA @ Kolkata was one such example. Azhar was coming off a disastrous tour of England and after Patil's sacking and Tendulkar taking over the captaincy, he was under pressure to score. Likewise with this innings vs SA, which he played after India lost by a million runs in the first test of the series (100 and 66 A.O.).