Wimbledon!

Gambit

That was some match.....probably the best Wimbledon final I have seen..Nadal was awesome most of the match. But just when it went down to the wire,Federer stepped it up.This is probably the hardest fought tournament win for Roger. The last time he played a 5 setter was in 2001!...

Thank you for a brilliant thread, Gambo. It's fair to say that that I'd lost a bit of interest in tennis post-Sampras. This final has reawakened that interest. Federer is no doubt an all time great, but what about Nadal? If he is this good at age 21, it's frightening to think what he can achieve in the coming years. To watch Borg, Connors, Becker and McEnroe sit in the stands and watch the current geniuses in action gives you goose pimples. Here's the link for the list of most Slam Winners. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_statistics#Most_Grand_Slam_singles_titles_.28open_era.29

Guest dada_rocks

Yes that was some match.. I was cheering for fedmy wife was on Nadal's side. When Nadal bamboozled Federer my betetr half got all excited and I told her now wait and watch how Federer hits top gear when it matters the most and so he did. Hail the greatest sportsperson ever.......:thumbs_up: