Champions League 2011

Andy

I think this is the season where Pep's lack of real transfer strategy will haunt Barca, no real depth and reliance on a few key players. Primarily in defence, no backup and the Milan match and the first game of the seaons vs Zaragoza exposed them badly. They NEED Pique and Puyol fit, Busquetes and Mascherano are NOT centre halves and will be exposed vs good attacks. One or even two good CBs should have been bought instead of Sanchez.

Amazing no one has mentioned Bayern.They easily have the 2nd best team in Europe along with Madrid easily better than United. With the final in Alianz Arena Bayern have an excellent chance of winning the 5th CL imo
Yeah I'd rate even Otelul Galati better.

Yea i would if they had Schweinsteiger in midfield , havent conceded a goal for 1400 mins in all competitions and have been the most inform team in Europe. Unfortunately Otelul Galati arent
United are a better team than Last season I think, we reached Finals last time. You make a good point of 1400 mins without conceding a goal But Schweinsteiger? Sneijder did play in past CLs and as far as I remember he never set Europe on Fire.

United are a better team than Last season I think' date=' we reached Finals last time. You make a good point of 1400 mins without conceding a goal But Schweinsteiger? Sneijder did play in past CLs and as far as I remember he never set Europe on Fire.[/quote'] Schweinsteiger is class. He has been superb for the last 2-3 years. He is not as eye catching as someone like Sneijder. However, he is excellent on the ball, rarely wastes possession, breaks up attacks and has very good passing ability. If United had him i believe they would be certainties to walk the Prem this season. I think it would be wrong to say Bayern are much better than United but they are at least as good, possibly slightly better.

United are a better team than Last season I think' date=' we reached Finals last time. You make a good point of 1400 mins without conceding a goal But Schweinsteiger? Sneijder did play in past CLs and as far as I remember he never set Europe on Fire.[/quote'] Schweinsteiger what? Probably the best CM in Europe at the moment.I would even say he is slightly better than Xavi at the moment. He had a average season for Bayern last season with all the Val Gall problems but apart from that he has been sensational for both Germany and Bayern in CM for nearly three years.So not sure what u are meaning about not setting Europe on fire.The way he dominated Brazil couple of months and City midfield then were awesome to say the least. Knock out matches are more often win by midfield battles rather that attack or defence.Out of Barca Madrid United and Bayern for me Uinted have the weakest midfield.So i would rate both Bayern and Madrid above United in terms of favourites for CL this. I am not saying are no hopers against Bayern have more chance of winning CL this season than United.Ofcourse seeing the final is in Alianz Arena they would be even more motivated to win that anyone else.