Frank Lampard rejects £110k a week contract

Predator_05

LMFAO !!!! That is a load of rubbish and you know it. Prove to me that half of Lampard's 20+ goals last season were deflections and i'll mail you a Coors Light I love the arguments you guys are coming up with to slate Lampard. "Yeah, he scores 20 goals every season, but other than that...he does absolutely nothing !" LOL ! Do you know how ridiculous that sounds ? I suppose Van Nistelrooy is crap as well...so what if he scored 25 goals last season, he contributes nothing else and is just a "finisher"..:hysterical:!
He is invaluable to Chelski.I said it earlier. Who is a better footballer....Gerrard or Lampard? Gerrard any day...Simple as. .Granted Lampard scores 15 goals a season for sure...no wonder when he has 20 odd efforts per game(figure speech :regular_smile:). If ive to take one of those two as a midfielder.Id chose gerrard because of his overall contribution...More complete. player.

He is a penalty scorer' date=' Lampard. Good free kick taker. Nice volley on the turn. That's about it.)[/quote'] His dead-ball delivery is excellent - arguably the best in the Premiership. He scores from long-range, or from anywhere near the penalty box for that matter. His link-up play is excellent. He has decent pace, and is able to get into the box regularly to finish off passing moves. Decent first touch. These are all the qualities you would want in an attacking midfielder, and Lampard is one of the best in the business. I can't help but laugh at the "penalty scorer" jibe. Let's examine the stats, shall we ? Premiership goals only 07; 11 goals - 3 penalties 06; 16 goals - 4 penalties 05; 13 goals - 3 penalties 04; 10 goals - 2 penalties Yes, obviously all of his goals are penalties, eh. Cheeky b@stard. On a related note - how many midfielders do you of that score 10+ every season ? I know of only one - and he plays on Lampard's team (...and wasn't as good last season). If you can think of another, please let me know. PS; I am going to kill you two in Premier League fantasy football next season

That's a quarter of his goals in penalties. You don't think that's a lot' date=' Pred?[/quote'] If he scored half of them in penalties, then yes - maybe you would have a point, but 3 out of 11 ? Come on. Similar things were said about Van Nistelrooy in 2003. He scored 10 penalties (by memory), and suddenly he was a crap striker despite the fact that he scored 25 goals in total that season and Manutd had won the Premiership. :confused_smile:

I knew you were going to get the stats.:wink_smile:This is going nowhere. Stats and stuff aside...Gerrard contributes much more to a game than Lampard, imo. Talking bot fantasy team..i may well have lampard in there...That says nothing bot who a better CM is.

If he scored half of them in penalties, then yes - maybe you would have a point, but 3 out of 11 ? Come on. Similar things were said about Van Nistelrooy in 2003. He scored 10 penalties (by memory), and suddenly he was a crap striker despite the fact that he scored 25 goals in total that season and Manutd had won the Premiership. :confused_smile:
Come on mate....Ruud is a striker.A poacher. Lampard is a midfielder.A midfielder is rated by the overall contribution towards the team(includes goals as well...).A midfielder is a linkup between Def n Attack.So he has more responsibilities than a striker.Lampard offers nothing defensively. N i dont know of nebody who criticised Ruud that year, let alone citing that reason.I know some people rate Henry above him...to which i disagree as they r not the same type of strikers.Ruud has strenghts that Henry could never dream of n vice versa.

BTW, good to see you share the passion about the beautiful game, Sashi. There are quite a few of us here.
Thanks.i hope to slot right in.:regular_smile: Its always been my passion, since ma early years. Righto....im off for the night.Its touching 4 am here.Twas nice discussing with u guys.Cya.

>>Lampard offers nothing defensively. Oooh...not sure about that. Hes got one hell of an engine Lamps does- box to box in every sense of the word. Sir Alex dosent call him a 'freak' for nothing...great passing range too. Better finisher than Gerrard even if Gerrard does bring more to a team. I do agree that Hargreaves /Gerrard is the way forward for Eng . The England team should be built around Gerrard and he must be given the freedom to roam and not have to worry about defensive work. Its harsh on Lamps though because really you could argue that it'd be best for him if Gerrard wasn't alongside and it was someone more defensive- give HIM the freedom to attack... Also Ashley Cole is a class act !! Best left back in the world. Excellent defensively and going forward... England have been cursed with crap managers. You gota feel sorry for them

sashi, i've already acknowledged Gerrard as the better player. I was just contesting your (and Dhondy's) assertion that Lampard sucks, when its quite clear that he doesn't

Come on mate....Ruud is a striker.A poacher. Lampard is a midfielder.A midfielder is rated by the overall contribution towards the team(includes goals as well...).A midfielder is a linkup between Def n Attack.So he has more responsibilities than a striker.Lampard offers nothing defensively. N i dont know of nebody who criticised Ruud that year, let alone citing that reason.I know some people rate Henry above him...to which i disagree as they r not the same type of strikers.Ruud has strenghts that Henry could never dream of n vice versa.
You took the remark out of context. I brought up the Van Nistelrooy example to prove that there is nothing wrong with a player taking penalties for his club as long as he scores enough goals from open play - Lampard does that. PS; England could use a good penalty taker - seeing as how all the other players are pathetic penalty scorers.
Best left back in the world.
ROTFLMAO Best LB in the world ? He isn't even the best LB at Chelsea. I'd take Wayne Bridge over him anyday of the week.

sashi' date=' i've already acknowledged Gerrard as the better player. I was just contesting your (and Dhondy's) assertion that Lampard sucks, when its quite clear that he doesn't [/quote'] U acknowledged Gerrard as the better player...cool.:regular_smile: Ive always maintained that he is invaluable to Chelski.No doubts bot that. The only reason y i dont rate him anywhere near Gerrard is i dont think he can cut it out in any other league unless he has his arse guarded by peeps like essien and makelele...making him overrated, imo. He is most important player for Chelski.No question.