VRV Singh

gullu

Re: VRV Singh He's tall, well built, bowls fairly straight in the 'corridor', hits the deck hard, bowls consistently in the mid 130Ks etc. He did lose it a bit in the 2nd innings and bowled some no-balls and some hopeless deliveries, but this is due to inexperience/nervousness and not due to lack of ability. Maybe he just got overwhelmed by the ocassion - India on the verge of a historic win, Polly annoyed the hell outta Indians, huge media hype about his bowling in the warm up game etc. I never had a chance to watch the warm up game, but if Sachin and VVS singled him out for special praise, I believe, the guy has stuff. Moreover his free spirited hitting in the first innings shows that he has utter disregard for the opposition - which can do wonders to the team morale.

Re: VRV Singh

Arre no yaar' date=' he's just a loser. Take it from a man who has followed cricket for nearly three decades.[/quote'] tht aint u dhonds.... tht is another egoistic guy on the other board, who reads tons of cricket books in his spare time and stitches together articles as if he grew up with those cricketers...

Re: VRV Singh munaf over vrv, possibly pathan/bhajji over vrv...but still. he blinks, and looks like my 14 year old cousin, but that's not reason enough to label him a loser. he's 20 and he will be a prospect after 2 seasons of FC. right now, he's getting exposure and offering variety -- we don't have any hit-the-deck types (this pitch suited us because the fuller length was the correct on) shastri says that he doesn't use his left side enough, blah blah. he has time to get his technical stuff in order, and that may make a huge difference.

Re: VRV Singh I won't rule him out as yet but he is quite peach. I don't know why he was restraining himself in this test match. Maybe he was just asked to bowl the line and length stuff while let the pitch do the trick perhaps? If he is indeed sharp as Tendulkar confirmed then he should let it rip. VRV's inexperience showed in this game when Prince attacked him. VRV looked short of ideas and I won't blame him either, these days the young ones don't play enough before getting a test cap. I think this lad is a future prospect and should be persisted with.

Re: VRV Singh VRV will learn as a third seamer... even Java was like this on the ozzie tour.... good pace, but no movement and infact some people even wrote him off and preferred subroto bannerjee who impressed with his swing and sharp seam movement..... but VRV has it in him... he willl learn quickly and for tht he has to be a part of the 14...