Android vs IOS

EnterTheVoid

IMO market share means a lot. Even apple is rumored to be bringing out a cheaper version of the iPhone.
market share matters but u have to understand strategy of both companies apple is never gonna compete with google in market share as they only release few devices if u look at most popular phone nothing comes close to iphone revenue and quantity of app aside this year has been awesome for android users with app quality getting better and better skype,viber,whatsapp even twitter look better on android than ios but there are still awful apps like facebook and most of time crap apps on ios are less bad than crap apps on android (which can just be ios ports ) also most of times new apps are not released both on android and ios unlike before where u had to wait for year for instagram :giggle:

You don't when you're traveling to work and can use a phone in just one hand. Designers say it's one the great design decisions of the decade.
You mean while I am driving. Well I am not supposed to use more than 1 finger while driving to use my phone and that is to attend the calls, make calls, read text if it is urgent. For all other times, I do have my hands available to do things. Besides, typing with two hands make so much sense when urgent long message is to be typed. As I said, it works for me. I dont care what apple says. Having said that Apple iPhone is a great phone but it is not for me.

market share matters but u have to understand strategy of both companies apple is never gonna compete with google in market share as they only release few devices if u look at most popular phone nothing comes close to iphone revenue and quantity of app aside this year has been awesome for android users with app quality getting better and better skype,viber,whatsapp even twitter look better on android than ios but there are still awful apps like facebook and most of time crap apps on ios are less bad than crap apps on android (which can just be ios ports ) also most of times new apps are not released both on android and ios unlike before where u had to wait for year for instagram :giggle:
of course they're not. But they would certainly like to retain (if not increase) their market share and with Android getting better with every update, I can't see Apple's share increasing unless it brings new lower priced phones or makes some big changes to iOS (I don't think iOS 7 is a game changer).

its as if Fb was reading your post - http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57596594-93/facebook-updates-android-app-with-cover-feed-no-home-required/ :giggle:

of course they're not. But they would certainly like to retain (if not increase) their market share and with Android getting better with every update' date= I can't see Apple's share increasing unless it brings new lower priced phones or makes some big changes to iOS (I don't think iOS 7 is a game changer).
The number of revenue they generate per phone is equivalent to almost 4-5 Android phones - so in the current context market share has little value. The final metric is the revenue you generate - no one cares "how" you do it, as long as you "do it". It also makes little sense to compare Android phones (which is a conglomeration of different companies) to one company Apple. iOS7 is definitely not a game changer but unlike other smart phone vendors it is a free update.

The number of revenue they generate per phone is equivalent to almost 4-5 Android phones - so in the current context market share has little value. The final metric is the revenue you generate - no one cares "how" you do it, as long as you "do it". It also makes little sense to compare Android phones (which is a conglomeration of different companies) to one company Apple. iOS7 is definitely not a game changer but unlike other smart phone vendors it is a free update.
i think this year situation will change big time with high end android phones really getting spot light and selling millions dont have stats to back this but i will assume that guy who owns flagship will buy more apps more often than not ? anyway after this year u will see increase in revenue too im seeing definite change in mindset of my friends who now buy apps..last year they would laughed at idea of buying app :giggle: like i said more mature and older ecosystem gets more revenue it will generate and google should not worry much about this as in 1-2 years they will be number one even in revenue part .. what im worried about is no competition with top 2 OS apple is comfortable where it is ..even if market share is not growing but amount of phones they sell is..but what about others ? windows phones dont have app and another os is not even good enough to be called smart phone :giggle:

i dont want more features i just want stable app which does not lags for no reason.. all other apps on my phone dont lag at all.. i already love messenger app as u can have chat heads so u never have to leave open app if u want to reply to some one :dance:

I have always been an android lover... I guess if we consider only flagship devices of android and nexus ...there are negligible lags... IOS concentrate more on smoother ui and not on raw power... but the android flagships provide raw power with tonnes of customizations... And if you are into custom roms then can easily have full control which is not possible on ios... But quality of apps are much much better on i-devices when compared to android .. Since the android market is segmented i guess it is tough for the devs to provide quality apps...

Jolla sailfish. Looks promising :two_thumbs_up: Icons are awesome. Not sure about resolution. But still a long way to go to compete with IOS or Andoid or windows
I was mainly talking about user interface which looks awesome and can actually be called smart. I wish Nokia adopt MeeGo again and merge Jolla as developers of Jolla are originally a former Nokia development team of MeeGo and is funded by Nokia. They could have already made it big if they had not discontinued it in favor of Windows. Nokia N9 was a brilliant phone not to be.

Jolla sailfish. Looks promising :two_thumbs_up: Icons are awesome. Not sure about resolution. But still a long way to go to compete with IOS or Andoid or windows
Is sailfish a derivative of Meego,the doomed mobile os venture of Intel-Nokia?

Is sailfish a derivative of Meego' date='the doomed mobile os venture of Intel-Nokia?[/quote'] Yeah. This is their second version. First was MeeGo Harmattan used in Nokia N9. The team which developed MeeGo separated from Nokia and started their own venture named Jolla and Sailfish is their new OS version of MeeGo.

As of now it doesn't look like these new OSs have much of a future unless some big companies go with them - and with Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG etc doing well with Android, the only company remaining is Nokia. IMO Nokia should go with Android but I know it will never happen :sad: