Some memorable commentators quotes.

Geoff Boycott "Batsmen think that this Chris Harris is a magician but let me tell you it's total rubbish coming from the back of his hand." Dont know why i like this quote:giggle: " Wasim and Waqar are so good that they can bowl ENG out with oranges" after the ball tampering accusations in the 92 series. Hyper Tony Greig "This is the guy who should have opened the batting, magnificent shot by Inzamam ul Haq" 92 WC semi "Beautifully bowled, brilliantly bowled...this is absolutely unreal they have been misfielding all over the place but this man has risen to the occasion" Describing S AKhtar's yorker during the 1999 Semi final. "This little man is the closest thing to Bradman in the modern era" describing Sachin after he had hit Tom Moody for a 6 in the 98 Sharjah cup final Ravi Shastari "These are not sixes...these are scud missiles" during Afridi's fastest 100 "This is vintage Pakistan" during the champions trophy match against SL last year. Bill Lawry " upup in the air...could be the victory...it is..Pakistan win the world cup" and off course his trademarks " It's all happening here at the MCG" " Shoaib Akhtar is charging in"

Tony Greig; "Waqar Younis is being slaughtered !" - commenting on Jadeja destroying Waqar in the '96 WC QF "AWWWWWW, he has cleared it again ! It's Ganguly's roof, he loves that roof !" - commenting on Ganguly launching some Zimbok spinner (Grant Flower ?) for another massive six which landed on the roof of the Sharjah stadium "There is Tendulkar, then there is daylight, then there's the rest..." - commenting on Tendulkar's divine strokplay vs Australia in '01 Ravi Shastri; "Wow ! He hit that like a tennis shot ! That is an ACE !" - commenting on Virender Sehwag pulling Shaun Pollock over the square leg fence for six "He is seeing that little red ball like a football..." - commenting on Rahul Dravid's square cut off Cairns when he scored 190 vs NZ "He is going for it...and that's it ! India have won !!" - the double run by Zaheer and Kaif which won the Natwest Series final ...will add more later

posted this on another thread, but here it is again: "Aur yeh Chakka!!!!! Krishna Sreekanth ke chhakkon ne maano Sabarmati nadee mein aag laga dee hain!!!" -Ravi Chaturvedi (And thats a six! Krishna Sreekanth's sixers have set the Sabarmati river aflame!!")

ah hindi commentary.. Mohinder and Kapil @ India's first Series in SA after SA's comeback to cricket while the camera passes many hot chics in bikinis.. "Aur yeh kaaaafiiii..... zyaaada..... (silence).... (giggling)" Some commentator (maybe chatturvedi) about kambli: "Inhone apna balla apne kandhe pe is tarah sambhal rakha jaise ki poore desh ki aahein sambhal rakhi ho" Same guy about Tendulkar: "Tendulkar taindueyy ki tarah bhagte hue wicket ke beecho beech"

The best ones obviously used to be in college. When teams would play and some of the boys would give running commentary through loudspeaker. For God knows who mind you, I mean everyone who would want to hear the commentary was already there anyway. The commentary depended on how many girls showed up. The more the girls the more English the commentary was. The less the girls the more crude the commentary became. Of course what also mattered was if the commentator belonged to the same team. Once two teams were duking it out. One had to score about 12 runs in last over. People on the edge of the seat and this is how the commentary goes.."The bowler on his mark..jumps high in the air, batsman drives it through the cover area fielder chasing it quick, yes he is very fast in the outfield, will give about 2 runs here....Le lau**a chaar run." Still cant resist the giggle to these day. xx

Tony Greig -- " Its high ! Oh what a six ! What a six ! Its on the roof ! " for sachin's six of Kasprocwicz in Sharjah 1998 Shastri - " Shane Warne has decided to come around the wicket ( in a very ordinary mellowed tone) , AND TENDULKAR DANCES DOWN THE TRACK AND HAMMERS HIM OVER LONG ON FOR SIX ( all excited ) " - Sharjah 1998 This isnt exactly a commentator's quote , but I can never forget Bishen Bedi calling Tendulkar " The greatest living Indian today" after the 98 series Vs Aus. Shoaib Akhtar bowling Stephen Fleming in the 99 world cup with a blistering yorker. The commentator says , " The first time Fleming saw himself being bowled was when he glanced up the big screen" . The ball was so quick. Robin Jackman , when Sachin Tendulkar got out after scoring 98 Vs pak in 2003 world cup -- " Thank you Sachin , Thank you for entertaining all of us today" . Simon Jones bowls Michael Clarke with a vicious in-swinger. Mark Nicholas exclaims - " That is very good ! The swing works the oracle again" .

Ray Illingworth has just relieved himself at the pavilion end. - Brian Johnston, BBC Radio Welcome to Worcester where you've just missed seeing Barry Richards hitting one of Basil D'Oliveira's balls clean out of the ground. - Brian Johnston, BBC Radio In the back of Hughes' mind must be the thought that he will dance down the piss and mitch one. - Tony Greig, Channel 9 Cricket is like sex films. They relieve frustration and tension. - Linda Lovelace, star of Deep Throat Cricket needs brightening up a bit. My solution is to let the players drink at the beginning of the game, not after. It always works in our picnic matches. - Paul Hogan, Australian actor I don't know what these fellows are doing, but whatever they are doing, they sure are doing it well. - Pete Sampras on watching Lara and Ambrose at Lord's. Q: What's your favourite animal? Steve Waugh: Merv Hughes.

"Geoffrey is the only fellow I've met who fell in love with himself at a young age and has remained faithful ever since." - Dennis Lillee on Geoff Boycott. "Srikkanth is a vegetarian. If he swallows a fly he will be in trouble." -Sunil Gavaskar. "Pakistan is the sort of place every man should send his mother-in-law, for a month, with all expenses paid." - Ian Botham. (What do you think he meant, MP ?) "I've seen batting all over the world. And in other countries, too." - Keith Miller.

^^ DKL going: "gavaskar was desperate.. desperate to make a century against me." the best one, donny, of course has to be the aftermath of the lawson episode (no, not geoffrey, jermaine) "(expletive) Lawson (expletive) chucks" - Brett Lee "(expletive) Sarwan (expletive) sledges. It is (expletive) unfair. When I (expletive) called him an (expletive) (expletive), he had the (expletive) audacity to (expletive) respond" - Glenn McGrath (in tears) "(expletive) David Shepherd won't (expletive) umpire another (expletive) match" - Jason Gillespie (sobbing uncontrollably) "(expletive) West Indies (expletive) whinge a lot" - Justin Langer "(expletive) (expletive) black (expletive) (expletive) (expletive)" - Darren Lehmann "(expletive) (expletive) (expletive) (expletive) (expletive) (expletive) (expletive) (expletive)" - Ricky Ponting :haha: