How do Larwood fans explain this?

Just film the current day bowlers with same technology and we'll compare. Without comparison, no comments. Asking just to comment on films not seeing the real action (to have a comparison) is intellectual dishonesty. And BTW here are better quality films, and you can see where the keepers are. It looks like keeper was little bit up than usual these days, because there is a massive gap between 1st slip and the keeper. 1st slip basically is in same place as todays fast medium bowlers. http://www.britishpathe.com/video/cricket-highlights-1/query/w+g+grace http://www.britishpathe.com/video/the-life-of-jack-hobbs-reel-2

Just film the current day bowlers with same technology and we'll compare. Without comparison, no comments. Asking just to comment on films not seeing the real action (to have a comparison) is intellectual dishonesty. And BTW here are better quality films, and you can see where the keepers are. It looks like keeper was little bit up than usual these days, because there is a massive gap between 1st slip and the keeper. 1st slip basically is in same place as todays fast medium bowlers. http://www.britishpathe.com/video/cricket-highlights-1/query/w+g+grace http://www.britishpathe.com/video/the-life-of-jack-hobbs-reel-2
One Slip fielders is about 15 yds back in the film. But that is in one and only one shot of all those great fast bowlers for nine ten minutes. If you are so carefull watching at those films how did u miss those great big bellies of the players.
There is nobody like Larwood fan. These are people who have vested interest in projecting Larwood as fast a bowler as Akhtar.
I have allways maintained that Larwood was sacrificed just because he got Bradman out by exploiting Bradmans weakness. People probably used to bowl natural swings..... Just by going round the wicket Larwood confused Bradman. Why??? Because Bradman was Hero.. He was catching imagination of people and generating peoples interest towards the game..... He was supposed to score over 100 average everytime he went to bat. Script was allready written by the time Larwood came to bowl.
I have allways maintained that Larwood was sacrificed just because he got Bradman out by exploiting Bradmans weakness. People probably used to bowl natural swings..... Just by going round the wicket Larwood confused Bradman. Why??? Because Bradman was Hero.. He was catching imagination of people and generating peoples interest towards the game..... He was supposed to score over 100 average everytime he went to bat. Script was allready written by the time Larwood came to bowl.
:giggle::giggle: Some of you should start writing for Manohar Kahaniyan...such imagination should not go to waste. :nice:
:giggle::giggle: Some of you should start writing for Manohar Kahaniyan...such imagination should not go to waste. :nice:
Kyun Bhai :confusedman: Whats wrong with the theory of some sports organization building upon on some players talent. Everey one of them do that including BCCI. Or as u say "Tum karo to Disco Kathak ham karein tro Mujara" Larwood had played so many games. he was never successfull. All he did was bowled round the wicket to Bradman and Bradman got exposed. Ohh thats body line. This and that.... Honestly speaking, I feel Vass and Akaram are lucky that they were not born in England-Bradmen era, Else he would have banned evil left arm fast bowling completely.
Kyun Bhai :confusedman: Whats wrong with the theory of some sports organization building upon on some players talent. Everey one of them do that including BCCI. Or as u say "Tum karo to Disco Kathak ham karein tro Mujara" Larwood had played so many games. he was never successfull. All he did was bowled round the wicket to Bradman and Bradman got exposed. Ohh thats body line. This and that.... Honestly speaking, I feel Vass and Akaram are lucky that they were not born in England-Bradmen era, Else he would have banned evil left arm fast bowling completely.
Rather simple Mishir-ji. Its one thing to argue cricketing eras are different, equipments are different, support systems have eveolved etc and hence yesteryear cricket is not the same as today. I dont agree on everything but I can buy that line of thought. Sure. Its completely different to make a conspiracy theiry stating Bradman's stature is down to a high level MCC-Aussie conspiracy as he brought cricket back yada yada. I am sure you understand the difference between the two, no?
Rather simple Mishir-ji. Its one thing to argue cricketing eras are different, equipments are different, support systems have eveolved etc and hence yesteryear cricket is not the same as today. I dont agree on everything but I can buy that line of thought. Sure.
Anybody denying that is simply doing better than Einstein.. So I am not arguing along those lines. I am trying to figure out other factors. One of them being aristrocracy.
Its completely different to make a conspiracy theiry stating Bradman's stature is down to a high level MCC-Aussie conspiracy as he brought cricket back yada yada. I am sure you understand the difference between the two, no?
I believe it started with How dare Larwood.... and then Larwood is great phast bowler beacause he got Bradman cheaply.... Pat on the back of spin doctors who projected this. Fact remains that Larwoods career was finished just in a instant for bowling round the wicket. Are you denying that too.... What would have been impact of that on other bowlers... IF Thomas Edison and his best brains and GE prooved that AC is evil and Tesla is doing satans work then nothing is impossible in aristrocratic class.
Anybody denying that is simply doing better than Einstein.. So I am not arguing along those lines. I am trying to figure out other factors. One of them being aristrocracy. I believe it started with How dare Larwood.... and then Larwood is great phast bowler beacause he got Bradman cheaply.... Pat on the back of spin doctors who projected this. Fact remains that Larwoods career was finished just in a instant for bowling round the wicket. Are you denying that too.... What would have been impact of that on other bowlers... IF Thomas Edison and his best brains and GE prooved that AC is evil and Tesla is doing satans work then nothing is impossible in aristrocratic class.
does not agree with analogy as stakes and people involved are drastically different. But, on the bolded part - I developed dislike for Edison, and much respect for Tesla, since I learned this and read more about Tesla.
does not agree with analogy as stakes and people involved are drastically different. But' date=' on the bolded part - I developed dislike for Edison, and much respect for Tesla, since I learned this and read more about Tesla.[/quote'] Yeah very sad thing..... But i believe the behaviour of big organizations and people in that class is same.... Infact elephant in the room in all this discussion is one question. While England and Aussies were most competetive and played 4 days test matches at the time but why the hell they played 6 days/unlimited days of cricket against Indians and West Indies. Aussies were definitely aware that they will win against Indians and West Indians in less than four days. But was there more then winning involved there?
Yeah very sad thing..... But i believe the behaviour of big organizations and people in that class is same.... Infact elephant in the room in all this discussion is one question. While England and Aussies were most competetive and played 4 days test matches at the time but why the hell they played 6 days/unlimited number of cricket against Indians and West Indies. Aussies were definitely aware that they will win against Indians and West Indians in less than four days. But was there more then winning involved there?
How many?