The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

Modi is losing the Media battle badly.the perception is that the loony right wing has been completely let loose on India' date='his achievements will not matter one bit if he fails to protect the minorities and reign in the idiots from the right.[/quote'] Yes, it's perception.

Yes' date=' it's perception.[/quote'] Reality doesn't matter that much in politics. Perception does. Just ask Shelia Dixit - despite the corruption, there was a LOT of work done in Delhi in the 15 years she was in power but in the end only the corruption mattered.

Not much into politics' date=' but since you are talking about MP, Shivraj would have been a threat 2-3 years ago but since this scam it looks difficult for him to be elected again as CM.[/quote'] Nah. He is still quite strong and has done quite a lot of good work to win at least one more election. As for being a threat - obviously he (or anyone else for that matter) is not a threat right now.....but he could be a potential threat at some point.

Yashwant Sinha at an award function.

Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha today said he no more fits into the new framework of electoral politics, where "impression" of doing something has become more important than actually doing it. The world has changed, it's a world which is driven by technology, it's a world which is driven by media today. "It's not important whether you are doing something important or not. You have to convey the impression that you are doing something very important and this is where I found I did not fit any more and that is the reason why I decided to call it a day as far as electoral politics was concerned," Sinha said.
LINK

Nah. He is still quite strong and has done quite a lot of good work to win at least one more election. As for being a threat - obviously he (or anyone else for that matter) is not a threat right now.....but he could be a potential threat at some point.
There are more chances of him not being elected for CM next time. People have losing trust in him.

^^ Another poster posted this before too in the " Modi sarkar performance thread" and I asked him what this has got to do with Modi sarkar's performance? Now, this same piece is posted here. I don't really get what the big deal is if somebody wants to offer a tour and if there is an audience for such a tour. Why does it concern us? When all of you folks get famous, do let me know and I will also offer tours to your birth place.

Jim Rogers on Modi & India

I had bought shares in India—it was one of the few times I’ve done that in my life, and it was because of the new government. So far, the new government has done nothing but talk, and it is a shame because Modi had experience; he said he knew what needs to be done. He campaigned for many months saying he knows how to fix India, but he has done very little. Cleaning toilets is wonderful, but as far as building the economy or changing India goes, he has not done very much. I still own Indian shares, and I wonder if I should continue holding, because, after a year of no action, you begin to wonder if anything is going to happen. One might say he is getting ready to act, but Modi had run a provincial government for a long time and he knows what to do. So what is all this talk about? I am getting disillusioned about India, but I’ve not acted yet. But Modi has a very large majority, he has experience, he has the contacts, and if anybody could do something, it has to be him. If he can’t do it, then I don’t want to remain invested in India. If he can’t save India, no one else can. So I would want to sell.
www.jimrogerblog.com/2015/05/jim-rogers-may-sell-india-stocks-if.html

Time for a quick recap : https://storify.com/dhaval241086/best-ps :giggle: Please go through each tweet . Some of them are :hysterical: Also reminds me of some "predictions" by posters here.They have since disappeared.
So leaders of Cong and other parties were supposed to say before the election (that too on a public platform like twitter) that their parties/candidates would lose? Even BJP got it completely wrong in 2004 - till the morning of counting of results they were absolutely sure of not only winning but winning by a bigger mandate (and all BJP leaders had been saying so openly for a long time) - then they lost. I guess if you have an exam you go into it saying/thinking openly that 'I will lose/fail', right?

So leaders of Cong and other parties were supposed to say before the election (that too on a public platform like twitter) that their parties/candidates would lose? Even BJP got it completely wrong in 2004 - till the morning of counting of results they were absolutely sure of not only winning but winning by a bigger mandate (and all BJP leaders had been saying so openly for a long time) - then they lost. I guess if you have an exam you go into it saying/thinking openly that 'I will lose/fail'' date=' right?[/quote'] See the tweets,most of them are being made by ones claiming they are "apolitical" . NewsTraders,social commentators and their likes. It is quite clear where their loyalties lie. I guess you took offense because you were one of those naysayers? :cantstop:

See the tweets,most of them are being made by ones claiming they are "apolitical" . NrewsTraders and their likes. I guess you took offense because you were one of those naysayers? :cantstop:
A lot of the tweets are from leaders or supporters of parties..

And a lot aren't. Difference between bigging yourself/your party up and making snide comments about Modi. Most of them exposed their agenda.In any case, worth a few laughs.
Correct. We had journalists, media owners saying infinite times Modi can never be PM. They forgot about a democratic process to elect the PM. And behaved like if Modi is not eligible to be PM? Was it due to his lower caste? Tea-seller background? Lack of western education? Like it or not, Modi becoming PM is good signs for democracy. It shows anybody can become PM even starting from the very bottom of life.

Correct. We had journalists' date=' media owners saying infinite times Modi can never be PM. They forgot about a democratic process to elect the PM. [b']And behaved like if Modi is not eligible to be PM? Was it due to his lower caste? Tea-seller background? Lack of western education? Like it or not, Modi becoming PM is good signs for democracy. It shows anybody can become PM even starting from the very bottom of life.
No most of it was becoz of the stigma attached with the Gujrat riots