The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

Are you serious?
LOL this is better, all the time I thought it was Modi's gift to Hasina. It seems this was Hasina's gift to Modi. even Bangladesh is trolling Pakistan now. :hysterical::hysterical:
Staff Reporter :Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina exchanged gifts just before the two Premiers' meeting in Dhaka on Saturday afternoon. Narendra Modi presented Sheikh Hasina a hand-woven tapestry which was made in Venkatagiri of Andhra Pradesh.Before holding the one-to-one talks with Hasina, Modi handed the gift over to her at Golap Hall of PM Office.Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina also handed gift to her Indian counterpart photos of some rare moment of Pakistani Army's surrender at Suhrawardy Udyan (then Race Course Maidan). West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was present there. Mamata Banerjee also handed over gifts on two traditional Indian sarees to Sheikh Hasina.In his official tweeter account, Modi later posted, "Presented a hand-woven tapestry from Venkatagiri, Andhra Pradesh woven in Jamdani style to PM Sheikh Hasina." "Artwork in this tapestry shows Kalpavriksh tree & the Kamadhenu cow."Located in Nellore district in Andhra Pradesh, Venkatagiri is famous for handlooms.The weavers have adopted the fine jamdani weaving technique while assimilating traditional designs of the region, such as the artwork in this tapestry that shows the Kalpavriksh tree and the Kamadhenu cow which are regarded as auspicious and bestower of prosperity.The tapestry has been woven using very fine cotton yarn and pure gold thread, with both the warp and the weft having the same count of cotton yarn.It has been prepared by Nellore's national award winning artist and master craftsman Gowrabathini Ramanaiah.
http://thedailynewnation.com/news/55424/modi-hasina-exchange-gifts.html

Controversies around Sushma Swaraj, Raje, Pankaja Munde, Smriti Irani and some MP/MLAs (regarding education certificates) while people keep dying in the Vyapam scam. MMS was called 'Maun' Mohan Singh. What about Modi - has he said even a word about any of these issues? He tweets so many times a day, does Mann ki baat etc but just can't bring himself to say anything about these issues in his party/Govt?

Till the time the Lalit Modi controversy was involved BJP leaders, the media hounded them and spent hours and hours on the story. The moment Lalit Modi named Sonia Gandhi the story died. During the campaign it was quite obvious that the incredible amount of coverage Modi got was because of huge amounts being paid to the media but Modi Bhakts refused to believe it. Do people still think that this Indian media, which is ever ready criticize BJP on all issues while completely ignoring any & all stories around Gandhis, would have given the kind of coverage they gave Modi during the campaign had they not been paid HUGE amounts for it?

Modi accepted Nawaz invitation to cost Pak? :facepalm: The guy and his dickhead team has no coherent policy... What if there's another 'backstabbing'? What about his security? I can understand he's been bitten by travel bug but he's stretching this hobby too far...

Modi accepted Nawaz invitation to cost Pak? :facepalm: The guy and his dickhead team has no coherent policy... What if there's another 'backstabbing'? What about his security? I can understand he's been bitten by travel bug but he's stretching this hobby too far...
+1 He's trying what recent PMs (Vajpayee, Manmohan, even Gujral) have tried, settle ties with Pak & establish something permanent over Kashmir so that his legacy is established and maybe he wins a Nobel or something like Rabin/Peres.

+1 He's trying what recent PMs (Vajpayee, Manmohan, even Gujral) have tried, settle ties with Pak & establish something permanent over Kashmir so that his legacy is established and maybe he wins a Nobel or something like Rabin/Peres.
Yes. Right now his ambition seems to be a global leader like Mandela, Obama or even Nehru. Nothing wrong with having those ambitions but he seems to be in hurry for that. First he should establish himself at national level.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/11735255/Modi-tours-Central-Asia-in-Great-Game-move.html
Modi in unprecedented grand tour of Central Asia Indian prime minster on grand tour of Central Asia designed to challenge China’s dominance Indian Prime Minister Narenda Modi is nearing the end of a grand tour of Central Asia designed to challenge China’s dominance in this strategically important former Soviet region. On Sunday he flew into Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan, for his fourth stop in Central Asia. He has already visited Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan and also fitted in a two day trip to Russia. On Sunday evening, Mr Modi flies to Dushanbe. "We see an important place for Central Asia in India’s future. We can reinforce each other’s economic progress," Mr Modi said in a statement in Bishkek before heading off for talks with Kyrgyz president Almazbek Atambayev. "My visit to all five countries in the region demonstrates the importance that we attach to a new level of relationship with Central Asia." Mr Modi’s tour of the region, the first tour of all five Central Asian capitals by an Indian leader, echoes the shadow boxing of the 19th century Great Game played put between Britain and Russia. Then, British and Russian agents vied for influence over the khanates that made up Central Asia. Now, with Western influence in the region diminished, India and China are vying for prominence in a region whose historically iron-clad cultural, economic and diplomatic ties with Moscow are weakening. But Mr Modi and India have a lot of catching up to do if they are going to compete for the region’s riches. Two years ago, Chinese President Xi Jinping, on a similar trip around Central Asia, was welcomed like a king bearing gifts. China has invested heavily in Central Asia over the past decade or so, buying up oil and gas reserves, sealing military deals and building infrastructure. Some estimates have said that China owns roughly a third of the region’s oil and gas reserves. Certainly, most of the new pipeline infrastructure has been built to feed oil and gas east from Central Asia to China. In 2013, Kazakhstan awarded the right to buy a stake in its giant Kashagan oil project in the Caspian Sea to China over India. By comparison, India has been slow to build partnerships. One project it is already involved with in the region is the ambitious TAPI gas pipeline which will pump gas from Turkmenistan to India via Afghanistan and Pakistan. In Turkmenistan, on Saturday, Mr Modi acknowledged its importance and gave a nod to future partnerships. "The most significant initiative in our relationship is the TAPI gas pipeline. This could transform regional economic cooperation and bring prosperity along the route," he said.
In another news ,Cameroon Welcomes Mr Modi to Britain (in coming November) despite apprehension from British Muslim.

The "Great Bombast" pleads to his young and skeptical audience :

I don't have a fashion designer, I dress simple: PM Modi "I don't know why people think I have a fashion designer who styles me. I only dress simple and sober," Modi said in reply to a question by a student at an interactive programme to mark Teacher's Day.

namo.jpg

Link