Was Federer lucky to have won 16 Grand slam ?

Sehwag1830

Was Federer lucky to have won 16 Grand slam ?  

1. 1.

Federer didn't win Wimby 2007 after 26. He won when he was 26. "09-Wimby,FO 10-AO" He won these three when Nadal was injured or injured out. Only thing he won of not after 26 is, US 07 and US 08. I am not comparing Federer of 31 (though he is not 31 yet) with today's Nadal or Djokovoc. I am talking about Federer of 27 or 28 or 29. And an age of 27 can not be age which is very far away from prime. It's laughable even to suggest that Federer's numbers have nothing to do with the lack of depth on ATP circuit. Only thing debatable is, exact extent upto which Federer benefitted.
Please read my post properly..thats why I said he won "almost" 6 slams around/after 26. The way Nadal plays ..his injuries are very much part and parcel of his game and cannot be removed from his playing style.So Nadal being injured is not an excuse here. By that same logic, I can cite Federers mono which is far more debilitating sickness (Ancic quit the game and Soderling is virtually out of the circuit because of Mono) in late 2007/ 2008 as cause of his downturn.And Mono had nothing to do with his game or playing style. Its a well known fact that a tennis players peak is from between 22-26 (+/-2) which Federer was and during that time,he whooped everybody's behind including Nadals (except on Clay).Nobody can even come close to his 04-06 seasons and especially 06 when he was something like 95-4 .The fact that he won 5-6 slams after 26 with Mono and is still occassionally defeating Nadal/Djoker who are the most physical players ever are testament to his greatness. I see the Tennis Masters Final 2006 and the Australian Open 07 as the pinnacle of his greatness as a tennis player. Please watch some of his videos on Youtube to see his movement,power ,grace and consistency.

federer has a doubles gold medal, nadal has 0...anyway i think an olympic gold is gold regardless if federer wins it in shooting,100 metre sprint or single tennis or double tennis... nadal is always routed in the atp finals bcoz it happens in hard court where his **** is whooped out even by tsonga.....i mean common at least win a single atp final title, even davydenko nd nalbandian have one each...all the tennis greats have won this title numerous times including sampras nd lendl 5 times each
Nadal never played in doubles event. Whereas Federer played in singles and lost. Federer should win a Wimbledon by beating Nadal/Djokovic in finals . He is nothing but a minnow basher. His H-H record against Nadal is laughable.

Nadal never played in doubles event. Whereas Federer played in singles and lost. Federer should win a Wimbledon by beating Nadal/Djokovic in finals . He is nothing but a minnow basher. His H-H record against Nadal is laughable.
If your opinion cannot be changed,why open the thread ? OP has lost credibility with the line in bold.

If your opinion cannot be changed,why open the thread ? OP has lost credibility with the line in bold.
Federer fans. :giggle::giggle: Let us see if he manages to win a slam beating Nadal/Djovic in final.If he really is that great he will have second-coming like Tendulkar or Dravid in England. His peak is more comparable to that of Ponting in 2002-06. I doubt anyone rates Ponting as the best ever. So why should Federer be given that title ?

Federer fans. :giggle::giggle: Let us see if he manages to win a slam beating Nadal/Djovic in final.If he really is that great he will have second-coming like Tendulkar or Dravid in England. His peak is more comparable to that of Ponting in 2002-06. I doubt anyone rates Ponting as the best ever. So why should Federer be given that title ?
More Words from the Wise..Comparing Cricket to Tennis..Obviously,I will have to question your knowledge of tennis now. Lets treat this thread as entertainment now.:popcorn:

More Words from the Wise..Comparing Cricket to Tennis..Obviously,I will have to question your knowledge of tennis now. Lets treat this thread as entertainment now.:popcorn:
I am comparing player's achievements . If Federer won't win a single GS again, many people will question whether he benefitted from playing in weaker era .

He may have compared cricket with tennis, but parallel that he has drawn is very-very appropriate. Ponting fans may claim that Ponting was not scoring at same rate after 06-07 and "he was beyong his peak" and was reaching mid-thirties, but truth is that he was not able to stand up to greater challenges posed by of a weakened Australin team. Similarly partisan Federer fan may say that Federer was past his peak after 07, but it is hard to believe that he would lost his form so suddenly. Seconly he still beas everybody else, outside top 2, with same regularity as he used to in his era. Contenders of no. 2 of his era like Roddik, Safin were beaten as easily by new gang as Federer did in his successful time. So what exceptionally great thing Federe did?

He may have compared cricket with tennis, but parallel that he has drawn is very-very appropriate. Ponting fans may claim that Ponting was not scoring at same rate after 06-07 and "he was beyong his peak" and was reaching mid-thirties, but truth is that he was not able to stand up to greater challenges posed by of a weakened Australin team. Similarly partisan Federer fan may say that Federer was past his peak after 07, but it is hard to believe that he would lost his form so suddenly. Seconly he still beas everybody else, outside top 2, with same regularity as he used to in his era. Contenders of no. 2 of his era like Roddik, Safin were beaten as easily by new gang as Federer did in his successful time. So what exceptionally great thing Federe did?
Cricket and Tennis are two different games physically..Tennis requires tremendous discipline and energy and focus.Post 28-29 its very difficult to sustain that level of consistency required to fight for every point. He didnt lose form suddenly post 2007..Its been a gradual decline in form.Hes till managed to win slams and almost always is in the semis and finals. Also, he almost always beat Nadal when he was in his prime except on clay which has statistically been his worst surface.In fact he holds a positive H2H on non clay against Nadal and is still leading in the H2H against Djoker. The thing is that when Federer was in his prime,why didnt Nadal make the finals of non clay events..And When he did (W2006,2007), he got beaten by Federer.Federer even with his mono made the 08 an epic. I consider Nadal and Djoker to be phenomenal talents but still below Federer in the pecking order. Tell you what,Why dont we hold this discussion 2 years down the line? Its easy to slate somebody when they arent in their prime..

Cricket and Tennis are two different games physically..Tennis requires tremendous discipline and energy and focus.Post 28-29 its very difficult to sustain that level of consistency required to fight for every point. He didnt lose form suddenly post 2007..Its been a gradual decline in form.Hes till managed to win slams and almost always is in the semis and finals. Also, he almost always beat Nadal when he was in his prime except on clay which has statistically been his worst surface.In fact he holds a positive H2H on non clay against Nadal and is still leading in the H2H against Djoker. The thing is that when Federer was in his prime,why didnt Nadal make the finals of non clay events..And When he did (W2006,2007), he got beaten by Federer.Federer even with his mono made the 08 an epic. I consider Nadal and Djoker to be phenomenal talents but still below Federer in the pecking order. Tell you what,Why dont we hold this discussion 2 years down the line? Its easy to slate somebody when they arent in their prime..
1. Nadal made to the finals of Wimbledon in 2006 and 2007, which is played on surface farthest from clay courts. 2. At the beginning of 2008, Nadal was 21. Federer had not won his first grand slam, until he was almost 23. Do you really expect a teenager (or almost teenager) to beat top of the world?

I don't know why Federer fans are so touchy ? Is it too much to ask for winning a single GS again by beating Nadal/ Djovic in final. And as for Federer reaching in semi-final and final even now, even Andy Murray does that and nobody rates Murray as a tennis great forget G.O.A.T by which Federer is generally rated by his fans.

1. Nadal made to the finals of Wimbledon in 2006 and 2007, which is played on surface farthest from clay courts. 2. At the beginning of 2008, Nadal was 21. Federer had not won his first grand slam when he was almost 23. Do you really expect a teenager (or almost teenager) to beat top of the world?
And Federer made the finals in 06,06,07,08,09,11 on a surface thats his worst.Whats your point ? Its not the age.Its the mileage.Nadal became a pro at 15..He was always a precocious teenager a la Becker,Borg. The level shown by Rafa in 2008 was higher than now.So he was unarguably at his peak at 21/22 than now.

I don't know why Federer fans are so touchy ? Is it too much to ask for winning a single GS again by beating Nadal/ Djovic in final. And as for Federer reaching in semi-final and final even now, even Andy Murray does that and nobody rates Murray as a tennis great forget G.O.A.T by which Federer is generally rated by his fans.
hes beaten Djoker in 07 USO finals and Nadal in 06/07 finals in Wimby. I am not defending Federer .I am opposing your logic or the lack of it thereof.

hes beaten Djoker in 07 USO finals and Nadal in 06/07 finals in Wimby. I am not defending Federer .I am opposing your logic or the lack of it thereof.
:giggle::giggle: When neither Djoker or Nadal had peaked as a tennis player. I am asking Federer to beat this Nadal/Djovic who are widely regarded as greats of tennis now.

To all thinking Nadal and Djoker are the best ever an betterer than Federer, riddle me this ? -Why did Nadal stay behind Federer for 160 weeks as number 2?After all,he beat federer in 05 FO so he could have been number 1.Well why didnt he? - Why hasnt Nadal won even a single WTF? Federer has won 6..It is the most difficult tournament to win? -How is it that Federer defeated Djoker in 11' FO? Djoker was supposedly at the peak of his powers. -Grandpa Fed had match points against Djoker in the 11' FO?How so?Wasnt he supposed to crush the minnow basher? - Federer in '10 WTF defeated Murray Djoker and Nadal to win the C'ship..how is that possible

:giggle::giggle: When neither Djoker or Nadal had peaked as a tennis player. I am asking Federer to beat this Nadal/Djovic who are widely regarded as greats of tennis now.
Then you have to go back in time to get the Federer of 2006.Can you do that ? Why dont you get Nadal to play against Sampras on the old grass of Wimby? Or how about having Ndal and Djoker play against Laver with wooden racquets??? The tennis greats rank Federer as the GOAT,but I guess you know much more about tennis than them Anyways, theres only a certain point upto which one can argue with somebody.Believe what you will..

Then you have to go back in time to get the Federer of 2006.Can you do that ? Why dont you get Nadal to play against Sampras on the old grass of Wimby? Or how about having Ndal and Djoker play against Laver with wooden racquets??? The tennis greats rank Federer as the GOAT,but I guess you know much more about tennis than them
Had Djovic not peaked last year , Nadal would have 14 GS by now. Fact is Federer played in a weaker era. Both Nadal as well as Djovic of present could do what Federer did at his peak.

wonderful lines, shows ur knowledge for the game :hatsoff:

even though you have completely lost the plot nd its obvious ur opening of the thread is bcoz of ur massive hatred towards the maestro, even though fedex doesnt have to prove anything to haters like u , but still i assure u federer will beat djokoviv/nadal in final to win a GS.....the bet is on

And Federer made the finals in 06,06,07,08,09,11 on a surface thats his worst.Whats your point ? Its not the age.Its the mileage.Nadal became a pro at 15..He was always a precocious teenager a la Becker,Borg. The level shown by Rafa in 2008 was higher than now.So he was unarguably at his peak at 21/22 than now.
+1, just what i wanted to say, even though i will have to say nadal is still playing tennis at a high level