Kerala Express Watch Thread

ya but RP is seriously pathetic. He is not fit' date=' has become worse than a trundler, lost the huge swing he used to get. He wont do much better than Vinay Koomar in the series.[/quote'] As deathmonger earlier said, PK,Zak,Yadav,Aaron,Ishant should get into the side and then there will be at least 2 spinners so I don't see any place for another bowler.
As deathmonger earlier said' date=' PK,Zak,Yadav,Aaron,Ishant should get into the side and then there will be at least 2 spinners so I don't see any place for another bowler.[/quote'] Out of that list Zak might be iffy. Ishant also has a surgery due but I think he has postponed it. Hope he doesnt break down :nervous:

As of now,I don't see much utility for PK on the Aussie tour...but well he made me eat humble pie once before during the Eng tour. Australia is not a place for your average medium pacer and show me one bowler with PK's pace who has had success there.Over the years Eng was smashed around in Aussie tours because of PK like bowlers Logically a fully fit and in-form Sreeshanth would be better than PK on Aussie tour but I guess PK has booked his spot based on recent performances.

As of now,I don't see much utility for PK on the Aussie tour...but well he made me eat humble pie once before during the Eng tour. Australia is not a place for your average medium pacer and show me one bowler with PK's pace who has had success there.Over the years Eng was smashed around in Aussie tours because of PK like bowlers Logically a fully fit and in-form Sreeshanth would be better than PK on Aussie tour but I guess PK has booked his spot based on recent performances.
Irfan Pathan - Perth Test..but I agree,PK will not be effective there
Inching closer to 29 with two 22-23 year old pacers capable of hitting 145 already in the side and doing well . Sree would be lucky to be in Australia with the team.
No one cares if someone can hit 145kmph. It's about taking wickets, Mohd Sami and Tino Best can also bowl quick but are joke test bowlers. I am not saying Aaron and Yadav are going to be like that, but being a successful test seamer has many dimensions, pace is just one aspect. I think Sree would have bowled well in this test with balls staying low. He would have picked up wickets.
As deathmonger earlier said' date=' PK,Zak,Yadav,Aaron,Ishant should get into the side and then there will be at least 2 spinners so I don't see any place for another bowler.[/quote'] I think in this WI series, Aaron and Yadav are fighting for one position for the Aus tour. We won't take 2 inexperienced bowlers. For Aus I would take: Zak-spearhead Ishant-don't rate him but he can get good bounce on those pitches and by luck get some to straighten (he said he doesn't know how to straigten them and it's luck) PK-When someone takes wickets, bowls with plenty of heart and demonstrates a thinking brain, they deserve a run. One of Aaron and Yadav based on this series. Then of course Sreesanth.
I think in this WI series, Aaron and Yadav are fighting for one position for the Aus tour. We won't take 2 inexperienced bowlers. For Aus I would take: Zak-spearhead Ishant-don't rate him but he can get good bounce on those pitches and by luck get some to straighten (he said he doesn't know how to straigten them and it's luck) PK-When someone takes wickets, bowls with plenty of heart and demonstrates a thinking brain, they deserve a run. One of Aaron and Yadav based on this series. Then of course Sreesanth.
Irfan and Balaji did go to Aus in 2003 and ended up doing a fairly decent job. Even on the last tour, Pankaj Singh and Ishant went there as 'inexperienced bowlers'.

I personally have given up on Sreesanth , unless he shows a dramatic improvement in terms of attitude and fitness, he is not able to even be effective in domestic cricket, very very inconsistent and then not looking at things trying to improve on his short comings he blames the selectors , like it will get him anywhere.

I have been great fan of thsi guys' bowling. He has God given talent, smooth run up and great seam position. But unfortunately he turned out to be Agarkar-2. I have given up on him.
Seam is bolt upright when in full flow, brisk fast medium touching 140ks with swing is hard to play. If we are serious about being no1 again, we need this man.