Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

As I said earlier' date=' what we need is a change in mindset to go for wins instead of trying to salvage a draw from every match. Hopefully Virat will do it.[/quote'] I dont think he went from start in any match except Southampton Test.You have to change according to match situations ofcourse. We went for win in Adelaide because Clarke gave us a realistic chance.If it was a declaration like today,I'm sure he'd have gone for draw too
We need more than that. Mindset alone wont change anything' date=' you need skills and sensible heads too. If only mindset could do it, we would have won Adelaide.[/quote'] That's the whole point which me and Lord have been making incessantly. Even Gavaskar said that in the post match discussion and so did Shastri. Mindset can lead to delusions.
That's the whole point which me and Lord have been making incessantly. Even Gavaskar said that in the post match discussion and so did Shastri. Mindset can lead to delusions.
I had said the same in another thread. Captaincy change wont overnight turn them great bowlers to pick 20 wickets to win tests overseas, but I hope they start focusing more on doing the basics right first. If basics are right, you can then do experiment and still be successful, but no experiment will be successful without the right basics.
I had said the same in another thread. Captaincy change wont overnight turn them great bowlers to pick 20 wickets to win tests overseas' date=' but I hope they start focusing more on doing the basics right first. If basics are right, you can then do experiment and still be successful, but no experiment will be successful without the right basics.[/quote'] Bowlers may not change over night but what can change overnight is attitude. Allan Border credits tied test in 1986 for change in their mind set,they declared with a chance that they could lose that match . They did not have any great spinners in their team but what they had was that fighting spirit and willing to take a chance to lose to gain the glory. That mindset has to come from captain alone. When your captain starts thinking of drawing the match with just 20 runs to score, what kind of message does that relay to the team.It makes whole team timid and timidity leads to incompetence. Hopefully what we saw in Adelaide was not a mirage and Kohli is willing to lose a match to win it in long haul too, Indian teams need to eliminate this safety first attitude.
stop kidding yourself we can play it that way too. Aus best would have been a draw
Sydney we were winning. If Symonds were given out, Australians were bowled out for paltry total in first innings.
Eng rain saved our ass
Without that rain, Dhoni's cupboard (test matches) would have been even more bare.