'Ailing' Dhoni only top Indian cricketer to skip Ranji tie

saneindian

Yeah' date=' he'll have to keep wickets while cutting a ribbon. Great post. :hatsoff:[/quote'] What are you smoking, mate? Was that the only takeaway from my post? Geez, the lengths you'll go to defend that muppet is laughable. And taking "rest" by running around the country fufilling commercial obligations when you're "rested" is sensible?
What are you smoking, mate? Was that the only takeaway from my post? Geez, the lengths you'll go to defend that muppet is laughable. And taking "rest" by running around the country fufilling commercial obligations when you're "rested" is sensible?
But is he shooting ads during this period? If yes then really in poor spirit i suppose
You know' date=' the comments that he is making, his interactions these days, including I suppose THIS one, have been made at his promotional events. Its all over the TV too.[/quote'] There would have been photos or atleast mention of him shooting of adds then no rather than just quotes? Edit: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/england-in-india-2012/top-stories/Indias-Test-team-will-only-improve-with-time-MS-Dhoni/articleshow/17034767.cms? He owns the SportsFit & Fitness Center :hmmm: http://health.india.com/news/dhoni-launches-his-gym-and-fitness-center-in-delhi/
He is super fit and he deserves some rest to be honest.
Yup... i think he needs rest too.. give him a break people. Dhoni needs to be smart about what he says to media.. cold n cough.. hahaha..
nobody's saying that he doesn't need a rest. But if he needed rest so badly then he could have skipped T20 Tamasha. Otherwise he could have just said that he needed rest so he would not be available for Ranji Game, what was the need to make a childish excuse?
nobody's saying that he doesn't need a rest. But if he needed rest so badly then he could have skipped T20 Tamasha. Otherwise he could have just said that he needed rest so he would not be available for Ranji Game' date=' what was the need to make a childish excuse?[/quote'] I dont know if many of you understand this.. but even if Dhoni or SRT or Veeru or Gauti wanted to skip CL20.. they wouldnt be able to because of their contracts with BCCI and BCCI's contract with Team owners. Many of them are playing through injuries in IPLs to satisfy lot of these behind the door agreements.

I think Dhoni definitely deserves a break....so I am with him on this...he is clearly the most overworked cricketer in the world. And people saying he utilizes this time for shooting commercials....is it the same as standing behind the stumps for the whole day in challenging weather conditions and getting hit on the fingers throughout out the day? For all the criticism Dhoni gets from me,I think i will give him a break on this

nobody's saying that he doesn't need a rest. But if he needed rest so badly then he could have skipped T20 Tamasha. Otherwise he could have just said that he needed rest so he would not be available for Ranji Game' date= what was the need to make a childish excuse?
For a sec lets not even in go into the money aspect,Dhoni or any other player who participated in CL T20 are accountable to their franchises who in turn have a lot of influence over the BCCI Dhoni in this case is accountable to his state association who is completely under the control of BCCI....so that should be simple enough As i said I am not a big fan of Dhoni but this is one decision that is quiet understandable
. And people saying he utilizes this time for shooting commercials....is it the same as standing behind the stumps for the whole day in challenging weather conditions and getting hit on the fingers throughout out the day?
You still didnt get the point did you? He didnt say he wante rest. He said he ahd cough and cold. And travelling around shooting commercials can be really bad for a cold