Chappell Should be Sacked...

talksport

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... I think you have summarized pretty nicely Rohan. Although I don't agree with your assessment about Sreesanth you are quite bang on in the team selection. Every other time Sreesanth has had a chance he has done his best. He hits the seam really well, bowls at a decent pace. Although a bit loose in direction giving him opportunities will ensure he will get better. It is not only the coach you are right, the selectors also need to take fair bit of blame. Honestly just because Chappell is the coach India is not losing. You are right about Pathan too. I cannot understand what do they treat him as, a bowler, an all rounder or a batter? They seem to be too confused with his role in the team. If not in South Africa where can they play him???

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... I don't know if you had seen how Wasim Akram looked when he first burst into international cricket. I can provide you with some videos, Akram looked like malnutritioned. Also bulking up is not going to help his direction. The bowlers bowl the quickest when they are lean and mean. Take Srinath, McGrath, Donald, Holding and the rest. You better not mention the Pakistan bowlers, we all know where their bulk comes from :hic: I would rather not want Sreesanth to be banned for doping.

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... If we carry on performing like this then no alterantive but to sack him :roll: Really hope we turn it around though and we can. The coaches role is overrated as it is still down to individuals. However, if we carry on being bowled out for under 100 then he will be under serious threat. However ironically our bowling/fielding is a lot better. Teams not getting 280 + like they used to. Just our batters are in shocking nick. How much is that down to Chappel? Probably not a lot.

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... Quite a few right statements there DSR. A lot of our batsmen are very think on technique. It is easy to get away without having solid technique on batting tracks but on bouncy, juicy tracks it is utmost important you need water tight technique. Lot of our batters are quite loose in technique. I'm sure they will get better in future but for now don't expect consistency and great results. South Africa of course have been bred on these pitches. Their bowlers thrive on such pitches and they know where to bowl on these pitches like how Anil Kumble operates in India. The South African bowlers are a huge threat in South Africa. Look at South Africa's batting closely, they all have decent defense and don't play across the line too much (barring Smith of course). They mostly are good drivers on the up and they know to play their horizontal bat shots quite well. Their batting against spin sucks though and the reason is they dont have decent spinners or decent tracks for spin to encourage spinners. What did South Africa get against NZ in Champions trophy on a spinners paradise? 106 runs. Not too much compared to what our boys got last nigth right. This is what makes cricket unique, the conditions, pitch, the bowlers are all variables in deciding a game. It is unfortunate we got such a result last night but this is something we can't help. :shrug:

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked...

dude Sreesanth gives away so many runs at times. I hate his attitude someone needs to punch him in the face and tell him to retire. Why is he such a big deal. I can find 10 better bowlers within India who would perform WAY better
I think his attitude is better than the rest of the bowlers. He is aggressive and in the face. I'm not sure why you wouldn't rate him. The last game he played in the ICC trophy he was the one to provide break throughs and bowled quite sharply. You may not like him personally but that doesn't make him a bad bowler. Yes he gives runs away but any new bowler does otherwise why do you think the experienced ones are way better than the new ones. He will find his feet in the next couple of years surely.

Re: Chappell Should be Sacked... I am not that smart, so can someone please explain to me what exactly is the job of the Indian coach ? What is he required to do ? People keep attributing the team's losses to the players' poor performances - fair enough...but then what do the BCCI pay Chappell $200k a year for ? If they are shelling out that kind of dough, surely they are doing it in anticipation of an improvement. and we haven't seen any imprvoements yet, have we.