2013 Australian Open

Clarke

Ferrer wins. CLASS. ABSOLUTE CLASS. 2 SETS DOWN AND WINS IN 5. WELL DONE FERRER AND COMMISERATIONS TO ALMAGRO. So hope he goes all the way to the finals. He works so hard.
Ferrer has been just outside the elite league for so long. For him it has been so near, yet so far more than anyone else. In grand slams, he consistently keeps progressing until he runs into one of top 4. Good to see him reaching SF here, reward for hard work that he puts in. Though I am surprised with the result of this match as when I left match it was third set and Almagro was in absolute control.

Ferrer has been just outside the elite league for so long. For him it has been so near' date=' yet so far more than anyone else. In grand slams, he consistently keeps progressing until he runs into one of top 4. Good to see him reaching SF here, reward for hard work that he puts in. Though I am surprised with the result of this match as when I left match it was third set and Almagro was in absolute control.[/quote'] Agreed. His is same case as kind of Andy Murray, it's just that he has hasn't had as much success as Murray in terms of grandslams. I would still say Ferrer is more consistent then Andy Murray because of his longevity just that he hasn't been able to break into the finals. He has it in him though. Whenever you ask Federer, he always mentions "don't forget guys like Ferrer and Tipsarevic" He regards these guys as mentally tough who keep fighting till 5th set. Tennis is at it's peak and we are lucky to be in this era.

Ferrer is still a bit behind the top 4 in terms of quality but yes gotta hand it to him the guys is a bulldog, works like a horse and deserves everything that comes his way in terms of success. Feel for Almagro though. This is the 3rd match where he has lost to ferrer from match point. Must have played on his mind. Interestingly by the 4th round there were 4 proponents of the one handed backhand, and many had predicted its demise, apart from Almagro there was Stan Wawrinka, Federer of course and Gasquet.

If Ferrer plays his best and Djokovic plays his best, Djokovic wins in 4 sets. With Ferrer having played a 5 setter and Djokovic coasting to an easy win vs Berdych, fitness won't be an issue either. Murray vs Chardy, Murray is clear favourite, but I really like the look of Chardy, he's got a big serve and can play all the shots. I think Murray will ben taken to the 5th set in this match. Tsonga vs Federer, with Federer in the form he is in, I think he'll get over the line in this one. Great tournament so far.

Serena OUT, beaten by her protege Sloane Stephens in three sets. That turns the women's tournament right on its head. B-> Serena appeared to aggravate a back injury during the second set, but take nothing away from Stephens.