Transfer rumours and news thread -- 2013/14

Sidhoni

So far lalemla looks poor. Has not done anything in any of the games to excite me. No real pace, dribbling or shots. No x factor so far. Everyone keeps saying o wait he is amazing but he should show some glimpses of this, so far just looks rubbish. How we paid 28 million for this chap is mind boogling. All he dos is get the ball and pass backwards!!! Dissaponting
He didn't want to leave Roma apparently........

What so that means he plays rubbish on purpose in world cup year. wrecking his season and career. Yeah right!
Your typical bandwagon jumping........ The guy has moved to a new country and league.....he will obviously need time to adjust to the culture.......moving from Serie A to the BPL is a major transition and is quite the challenge......the leagues are polar opposites of each other in terms of playing style.......give him some time.....not all players make the same impact.......

Romelu Lukaku: I asked to leave

Romelu Lukaku has revealed that he asked Jose Mourinho to let him leave the club for the season Chelsea star Romelu Lukaku has revealed that he asked Jose Mourinho to let him leave the club this summer. The Belgian striker went on a season-long loan deal to Everton on the final day of the transfer window and Lukaku has insisted that it was his decision to depart Stamford Bridge. The 20-year-old has made a fine start to his Everton career, scoring three goals in his first two league games for the Merseyside outfit - which has left some questioning why he was allowed to leave Chelsea this season. The decision to let the Belgian ace leave the club has become even more surprising as Chelsea's strikers have yet to score a Premier League goal between them this season. However, when discussing his loan move away from Stamford Bridge, Lukaku, speaking to the Daily Telegraph, said: "I did not know if I would be playing for Chelsea so I asked the manager to let me leave. We spoke and I told him. "It's unfair to criticise Mourinho for letting me go because it was my decision. "He knows what he is doing. He has won so many titles and I have too much respect for him to wish anything but the best. "But there comes a point where you must think about yourself to show everyone that you can shine and be one of the best strikers in the league. "I could have stayed and fought, but it was not about the competition. When you are a 20-year-old you need minutes. I lost my place in the national team because I did not play for a year with Chelsea. "I want that position back. I want to be in a top team and play. You only get better if you play so the best thing was to leave. "He'd called me into his office 10 days before the end of the window. I did not want to tell him what I wanted to do at that point, but he was very open and direct. "I always wanted to work under him and even the time in pre-season he taught me lots I'm grateful for but I had to make a choice." Lukaku will be hoping to carry on his great early season form as Everton travel to Chelsea's title rivals Manchester City this afternoon.

http://www.givemesport.com/387557-romelu-lukaku-i-asked-to-leave Very interesting and surprising..........you'd think that after the season he had last year with West Brom that he should be starting for Chelsea.......oh well.......good on him though........he clearly wants to improve......

Have we been sold a fraud in Lamela. Playing only in europa games so can blame adjusting to english physical game Every europa game ha has played he has not shown one glimpse of quality. Got subbed last night to put him out of his misery I was excited with rave reviews you lot were all giving him but if the fella in europa league cant even do one decent thing, how could is he I think this fella is a flop

Have we been sold a fraud in Lamela. Playing only in europa games so can blame adjusting to english physical game Every europa game ha has played he has not shown one glimpse of quality. Got subbed last night to put him out of his misery I was excited with rave reviews you lot were all giving him but if the fella in europa league cant even do one decent thing, how could is he I think this fella is a flop
He is 21 and has only had 1 successful season in Europe. it is not his fault that Spurs paid so much money for him. He is very talented but needs time to adjust to the league (like Osvaldo does at Southampton).

I actually thought that they could try playing Bale through the middle in a front three. I dont think Dembele and Paulinho would work so well as a midfield duo if the play a 4-2-3-1... Paulinho needs a holding player beside hiom so he can bomb forward and get the best out of him... so a 4-3-3 with a Chadli/Bale/Lennon fron three and a Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro midfield... now with Soldado they could play Bale/Soldado/Chadli- BUT Chaldi is best on the left as is Bale though Bale will get a free role pretty much...if- as seems likely- Bale leaves they can really invest in their squad. One the things they struggled with was competing in Europa and EPL last season. Get some good attacking and midfield options with the Bale money...No single player they buy will have the impact Bale had but as a squad they can be much stronger...Loic Remy will be a good singing... If Bale stays it will be... Dembele, Paulinho- Chadli, Bale, Lennon- Soldado