If you were the coach

Rajiv

What changes would you make _____________ Everyone likes to see change, in a jiffy So; (hypothetically) if you were the coach or "Mohinder Amernath" for example..what can you do with this team You only have certain amount of players to play with. Besides Strategy and bringing some oldies back..what next? 1) Bring Back Laxman ..continue

Re: If you were the coach 1. I'd play Harbhajan AND Kumble on a green wicket for ODIs 2. Sack Dhoni--and get Dravid to don the gloves 3. Build partnerships into the tens even twenties between Gangs and Laxman (built purely from boundaries--god forbid precious VVS actually run b/w the wickets) 4. Play two pace bowlers--Nehra and Zaheer--and hope to recall Srinath when one of the two gets injured in the space of 2 overs. 5. outlaw running and bending-over in the field ... you know ... the good 'ole days.

Re: If you were the coach 1. I will definitely play Irfan Pathan in the team as an all rounder. I will not drop him in South Africa, New Zealand and Australia. 2. Raina seems to have lost it in the last few months. It may be the pressure that is getting to him. Rest him for few matches and play Karthik or any other batsman that hasn't had a hit. 3. Bring back Laxman particularly when touring South Africa or Australia. Accomadate him in the 15 even if you can't afford to play him every game.

Re: If you were the coach 1) Sehwag replaces Jaffer 2) Yuvraj when he comes in replaces Kaif 3) Gambhir replaces Raina 4) Mongia stays (need to give him a longer rope). If he falters bring back Ganguly. 5) Zaheer/Aggy, Sreesanth, Munaf + Bhajji or Kumble (prefer Kumble against SA) World cup 11 Gambhir Sachin Sehwag Yuvraj Dravid Mongia Dhoni Bhajji/Kumble Zaheer/Aggy Sreesanth Munaf

Re: If you were the coach ^Im not sure..IKP> SS in my book. Aside from that Bumpers team is ace. Maybe Yuv at one down and Sehwag at 5, RD at 4. Laxman should NOT be in the ODI team. Look at his latest big scores in tests, the guy has lost/cut out his stroke playing ability and become an attritional kinda player. He cant cut it in ODIs anymore. Like Gangs I think the hand-eye co ord isnt the same.

Re: If you were the coach If i were the coach i would retire. Or coach a Fresbee team, where players can jump around and catch everything and forget bout anything else. What a pathetic coach, emphasizes so much on fielding but what about the scoreboard, in cricket doesnt it have to move, obviously keeping kaif, raina and mongia in the team doesnt help the cause at all. All they do is throw their body around but dont keep the scorecard moving. Killed Laxman and Gangulys career. Put Laxman to the side. Killed Gangulys great career. One Day Team:in hopes of winning a single game, and even the world cup 1 Sourav Ganguly 2 Sachin Tendulkar 3 VVS Laxman 4 Rahul Dravid 5 Virender Sehwag 6 Yuvraj singh 7. MS Dhoni 8. Irfan Pathan 9. Ajit Agarkar 10. Zaheer Khan 11. Anil Kumble -I dont think any one can top that team. This is the best team India has, This was a similar team that led to success in Australia and even Pakistan, Im talkin about away from India games, they matter more.

Re: If you were the coach Always stressin the need for all rounders what the use of bringin in dinesh mongia who is like a local club cricketer, and cant score runs. I thought Yuvraj, Sehwag, and Tendulkar can bowl? what about them, whats the point of bringing in players like mongia in the expense of class players who can win matches with their batting such as Laxman and Ganguly