Help me buy a phone

DomainK

people do buy them but only if they don't want to spend too much yet they want to get many features.Problems with these phones is that there's no guarantee of the quality and you don't know when they'll stop working - at least thats what I've heard from many people who bought these phones.
Yep and mostly Karbonn. Micromax is pretty good but the other lot- Karbonn, MAX, Smart something etc., are all made out of poor hardwares.

people do buy them but only if they don't want to spend too much yet they want to get many features.Problems with these phones is that there's no guarantee of the quality and you don't know when they'll stop working - at least thats what I've heard from many people who bought these phones.
is it to do with the perception that foreign goods are of better quality than indian or chinese products

is it to do with the perception that foreign goods are of better quality than indian or chinese products
some people I knew bought these phones and after a few weeks/months they told me that these phones were always giving trouble - either it was the battery or the screen or compressor not fast enough or dropped calls - I've heard all this from people thats why I'm saying these phones are not entirely reliable. And that perception has been built because of the sustained failure of Indian/Chinese brands and the fact that people know that there's no guarantee with these devices and they can stop working at any time.

They are all chinese imports branded by Indian companies. Chinese manufacturers are making some really good cell phones in recent times likes of Oppo, Meizu, Xiaomi, ZTE, Huawei, etc. Oppo Find 5 is a fantastic handset.

for 25k get nexus 4 .. camera is pretty decent dont expect it to rival cell phones which are of twice the price only problem u might face with stock rom and kernel is battery life but for most its perfect.
Why nexus 4 when you can get S3 and HTC one x for this price.

Why nexus 4 when you can get S3 and HTC one x for this price.
It's stock Android , you will get updates regularly & directly from google. All other phones will get updates when the manufacturer decides.