Sachin Tendulkar tribute thread

Sidhoni

Miss him really. Cricket has never been the same since his retirement. Heck, I couldn't even remember that our team toured New Zealand this year, and realized only when I checked the scorecards. One thing is for sure, with his exit, cricket is no longer an emotional ingredient of my life. It is there, just as a sport, to be seen, and then forgotten. I am sure millions agree with me. Many of my friends and relatives no longer discuss cricket.

I am going to be honest. Cricket is no longer THE CRICKET any more...Now its something I enjoy watching but the anxiety, the attachment is no longer there.. watching Tendulkar bat was like I was batting, when he used to hit sixes, it was like I was hitting sixes, when he used to get out, I used to feel I got out....there was this personal connection with Sachin... I don't wake up at 330am anymore to watch India's match... There is no more Sachin opening the innings for us.... I still watch Cricket but that connection, the love is gone... For example, when Sachin scored 200, I remember watching each and every ball live, I saw the highlights again few times.. Heck I sometimes watch his 03wc innings against Pakistan when I am down.. but I didn't feel like watchin highlights of Rohit Sharma's 264 even once... May be it's the process of growing up... I have been following cricket from 96wc and I was 9... Sachin was part of my childhood... May be it's just that I have grown up and Cricket isn't my priority Apart from Sehwag, no other Indian Cricketer has given me the same feeling...

I am going to be honest. Cricket is no longer THE CRICKET any more...Now its something I enjoy watching but the anxiety, the attachment is no longer there.. watching Tendulkar bat was like I was batting, when he used to hit sixes, it was like I was hitting sixes, when he used to get out, I used to feel I got out....there was this personal connection with Sachin... I don't wake up at 330am anymore to watch India's match... There is no more Sachin opening the innings for us.... I still watch Cricket but that connection, the love is gone... For example, when Sachin scored 200, I remember watching each and every ball live, I saw the highlights again few times.. Heck I sometimes watch his 03wc innings against Pakistan when I am down.. but I didn't feel like watchin highlights of Rohit Sharma's 264 even once... May be it's the process of growing up... I have been following cricket from 96wc and I was 9... Sachin was part of my childhood... May be it's just that I have grown up and Cricket isn't my priority Apart from Sehwag, no other Indian Cricketer has given me the same feeling...
Totally agree.
This... Virat might go onto make a gazillion hundreds, Rohit might go onto make triple hundreds, but nothing can beat the excitement of an entire company stopping to watch Tendulkar get to that 200. Still remember it afresh, everyone of us, from our MD to peon were at the TV - even urging Dhoni to get the hell out of strike so that Tendulkar would score that. We all went home as if each one of us scored that hundred. Will never ever get that feeling.