Ipl Auctions 2014

PAA-G

Retaining 5 players eats up 39 crore out of the alloted 65. So teams need to be smart. maybe it would be more wise to retain few (2-3) players and use the 'match card' in the auction. how that works is that if another team successfully bids for a player a team releases, that team has the right the 'match' that price and keep the player. The number of 'match cards' depends on the amount of players a team retains. as a CSK fan, I think we should retain Dhoni and Raina alone. Maybe Jadeja too. The others we have to bid for and 'match' to ensure that we keep our core - Ashwin, Bravo, Vijay - in the XI.

Delhi unlikely to retain Sehwag http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/60860/delhi-unlikely-to-retain-sehwag Delhi is unlikely to retain Virender Sehwag for the seventh edition of the Indian Twenty20 League after a poor run in the Ranji Trophy. The eight existing franchises need to submit their 'Player Retention List' by January 10. It is understood that South African wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock and New Zealand's Corey Anderson, will attract the Delhi management and other teams ahead of this year's tournament. Sehwag has been an integral part of the Delhi team since the inception of the Indian T20 League in 2008 but he had a torrid time last season. Adding to his woes was a nightmarish Ranji season, where he compiled only 234 runs from 13 innings at 19.50. Media reports suggested that Delhi might send him back to the auction pool. "Suppose, Delhi goes for retention, Sehwag will either be bought for Rs 12.5 crore or Rs 9.5 crore as the GMR group-owned franchise logically doesn't have a reason to retain more than two players as it will affect their purse of Rs 60 crore allotted to buy a full squad," a top Indian T20 League official said. "Retaining an in-form David Warner looks like amore viable option although Delhi might just look to start afresh after their horrible run last season," the official said. It will be interesting to see if former India coach Gary Kirsten, now coach of Delhi, would let the management make such a massive investment on a senior cricketer, who has been struggling to score runs. Delhi can obviously buy Sehwag back at a much lesser value, using the 'Right to Match' card but will the 35-year-old India discard want to play in that scenario' Only time will tell. Meanwhile, several teams will be looking at de Kock, who slammed three successive centuries against India in the ODI serieslate last year. The South African is also a good wicketkeeper and that should help his stocks rise. Anderson is another player who can expect to make big bucks following his 36-ball century, the fastest ever in ODIs, against West Indies on January 1. With several talented young cricketers sure to be in the pool, what are the chances of team owners investing in the likes of Sehwag'

Upcoming IPL may be held in two halves http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Upcoming-IPL-may-be-held-in-two-halves/articleshow/28300143.cms The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is considering hosting the tournament in two halves — one in India and the other abroad. It is one of the options being discussed in the board at the moment. "Keeping the security issue in mind during the elections, IPL may be hosted in two parts — one in India and the other in another country. But it's not yet decided which half will be played in the country. The final decision will be taken only after the election dates are announced," a BCCI source told TOI. The buzz is that the tournament might be shifted to South Africa or Sri Lanka. "We will get to know in another three weeks about which country will host the tournament if some matches are played outside India," he said. This would be the second instance of the IPL shifting out of India. In 2009, the second edition had to be played in South Africa after the central government refused to provide security during the general elections.

Retain Tambe , lol. RR always buy smartly , if they retain 4/5 players they will left with nothing.
They want to retain Watson but he is not happy with the money which is being offered to him same way Gayle is also demanding more $$$$ from RCB while M.I and CSK franchise are bit worried that if they retain 5 players then they wont have enough money to buy other players.

They should retain Tambe. Hopefully' date=' GG goes back to Delhi. Hate supporting KKR.[/quote'] Same here SLICKR hate KKR due to SRK was really disappointed when GG went to KKR in 2011 thats what I never wanted to see but sadly it came true plus it seemed that GG had some kind of a beef with DD management as he was not retained.Back in 2011 Greg Shipphard screwed the Delhi team picked so many Aussies who failed miserably they messed it up by letting AB , Nannes Vettori and Dilshan go to RCB back in 2011.

@Gambhirfan ' date=' where is trhe source for players not happy with money. [it may be true as I don't think top guns will be ever going to happy']
T.O.I and Cricbuzz . Chris Gayle, Shane Watson seek a hefty hike in IPL pay http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/news/Chris-Gayle-Shane-Watson-seek-a-hefty-hike-in-IPL-pay/articleshow/28066699.cms

^ That's common , without negotiation there is no need for players to be retained , especially foreign players. I think Mallya can compensate Gayle with some other deals, also IPL doesn't say they have to pay 12.5 Cr , the top 1 retainer cost. Or else we have to leave Gayle out and use match card :--D

Dd Can Fire Big!!! They Need To Understand Kotla's Wicket.....see It 20 Times Before You Go For Auction....n If I Am Right I Think Gary Would Have Seen It 10 Times By Now !!! Why Depend On Other Teams' Releases....there Are Players Like Philander Unsold....retain Warner N Kp/morkel(2nd Preferred) !!!!

Dd Can Fire Big!!! They Need To Understand Kotla's Wicket.....see It 20 Times Before You Go For Auction....n If I Am Right I Think Gary Would Have Seen It 10 Times By Now !!! Why Depend On Other Teams' Releases....there Are Players Like Philander Unsold....retain Warner N Kp/morkel(2nd Preferred) !!!!
:dd: supporter ho kya :--D ?