Australian Open 2014 - Stan Wawrinka beats Rafa in the final

Cricketics

What a match between Hewitt and Seppi. Absolute brilliant. Enjoyed it. Wanted Heitt to win but brilliant match. Hewitt came out from no where to get a match point and Seppi saved it and broke back and won the next game and the match.
Typical Hewitt, knew he would put up a fight. 50 degree court tempratures, Aussie crowd behind him suddenly it started to slip away from Seppi. Great game and credit to Seppi for overcoming in the end.

Nadal getting a free pass into the 2nd, was there ever any doubt? More and more players bending over to him, let us hope Del Po gets through to the QF cause he is one who will never bend over to Nadal.
Wait Tomic suffers a groin injury on a day when 9 other players retired and your conclusion is that he bent over to Nadal. You are something else man. :hysterical:

Typical Hewitt' date=' knew he would put up a fight. 50 degree court tempratures, Aussie crowd behind him suddenly it started to slip away from Seppi. Great game and credit to Seppi for overcoming in the end.[/quote'] Hewitt is a great fighter when he is down but he is a terrible front runner.

So Unle Toni and the Nadal camp are complaining about the faster conditions? I don't see anyone else's camp complaining about the quick surface. I think the Nadal camp want all tournament to be on a orange surface, a very slow high bouncing orange surface. Gulbis out, he is a super clown, so much talent so little use of it.

Wait Tomic suffers a groin injury on a day when 9 other players retired and your conclusion is that he bent over to Nadal. You are something else man. :hysterical:
Everyone bends over to Nadal, some of them don't even bother to fight. Do you watch the course of the season? It's lik,e some of them come out with the thinking I'll try for a bit, if it don't work, I won't waste my energy. The heat is a problem apparently, that's not a problem I guess cause they've played in serious heat in the past as well, but it's the fact they are not giving enough rest time for the players on the outside courts. Got to to be less strict, can't have so many retirements, makes a bad tournament. Wimbledon last year was pretty poor as well for the dropouts.

Typical Hewitt' date=' knew he would put up a fight. 50 degree court tempratures, Aussie crowd behind him suddenly it started to slip away from Seppi. Great game and credit to Seppi for overcoming in the end.[/quote'] I think we shouldn't expect too much from Hewitt. He is not the same player what he was 10 years ago when he won slam. He also started missing many tournaments and used to just enter the tournaments as wildcard even with a rank around 200. The only reason all tournaments like to give him wildcard is because all know he is a typical Aussie sportsman. Even when down and out, he will try to fight and win regardless of who's the opponent. Always makes the game exciting even with all his limitations now. I sill love watching him play. I always make sure I visit his match and saw him play whenever he visits US Open or here at Citi Open in DC. This guy really "loves" the game. He could have retired by now, he is just playing for the love of the game and for the Australian people.

Everyone bends over to Nadal, some of them don't even bother to fight. Do you watch the course of the season? It's lik,e some of them come out with the thinking I'll try for a bit, if it don't work, I won't waste my energy.
Stop whining man, you are starting sound like a broken record. Nadal wins against majority of the players, that's because he is a superior tennis player than most. Every champion has an aura of invincibility, Sampras had it outside clay, Federer had it in his prime, now Nadal and Djokovic have it. It is harder to beat them even if you outplay them for a while. Cue Wawrinka against Novak at the Australian and the US open last year. Lesser players tend to choke against the great players, the prospect of winning itself gets to them. There's nothing new in that. That's true for all the great players, not just Nadal.

Brilliant line up of matches today. Looking forward to these following games Jack Sock vs Gael Monfils. Sock is a young American talent, but I think he will give a good run to Monfils. Benoit Paire vs Nick Kyrgios. Aussie will have crowd support. Has a potential of being a good contest. But the match of the day would be Giles Simon vs Marin Cilic. Simon is one of my fav. I hope he wins this. In women, I believe Christina Mchale vs Wozniacki should be a cracking game.

Seppi is in another fifty set here. Donald young putting up a great fight. This guy had a brilliant 2011 run in US Open when he beat Wawrinka and then went on a decline. Let'see. I believe Seppi will pull it out again like he did against Hewitt. Another brilliant five setter.

Seppi is in another fifty set here. Donald young putting up a great fight. This guy had a brilliant 2011 run in US Open when he beat Wawrinka and then went on a decline. Let'see. I believe Seppi will pull it out again like he did against Hewitt. Another brilliant five setter.
This Seppi guy is going to be on drips for months after this Aus Open I guess..

This Seppi guy is going to be on drips for months after this Aus Open I guess..
Lol he will be all right. Most people collapse within the season. Though, it will definitely be a challenge for him. 2 Five setters already. Wonder how many more to go. Challenge gets tougher from here.

Delpo playing horrendously at the moment, there is a good chance he will lose if he carries on at this level. His opponent is dominating preceedings. Murray coasting vs another qualifier, he's had a very very easy start to the tournament so far.