India tour of New Zealand 2014

fineleg

India tour of New Zealand 2014  

1. 1.

• Yes. Dhoni had enough to him. Time to DUMP now.
    • No Way.

you have blame the captaincy and Ashwin for this mess. fast bowlers you can understand, if anyone say it is fast bowlers fault they need their heads examined, 3 bowlers sharing so much work load is not humanly possible. Idiotic captaincy was forefront when he gave so many easy runs he had protect runs from the beginning and kill their chances of winning first then go for attack.

you have blame the captaincy and Ashwin for this mess. fast bowlers you can understand, if anyone say it is fast bowlers fault they need their heads examined, 3 bowlers sharing so much work load is not humanly possible. Idiotic captaincy was forefront when he gave so many easy runs he had protect runs from the beginning and kill their chances of winning first then go for attack.
when they dont attack and go on defensive...they are idiots...when they attack and go for win...they are idiots...just kill them I think this was a great performance from our side...we played very aggressive cricket overall ...which should be very pleasant sight for any fan..
Got the draw. Now what ? :P
It must be a christmas gift from Saffers, no we gave it to them. Actually im confused, to be satisfied with this draw or feel angry for our inabilities to make a win when everything was in our favour! A series win in SA or Aus has been a long wait which doesnt seem to be ending for once.

The good thing was that we were aggressive all the way through. The bad thing is the selection. Ashwin needs to go because he didnt score many anyway and zak did better than ashwin. 3 seamers puts lots of pressure on fast bowlers, so we need yadav and fletcher has to make dhoni understand this. Durban is pacy so bring on the pace.

when they dont attack and go on defensive...they are idiots...when they attack and go for win...they are idiots...just kill them I think this was a great performance from our side...we played very aggressive cricket overall from everyone...which should be very pleasant sight for any fans..
How dare you point that , now do the honorable thing and stop posting :winky:
when they dont attack and go on defensive...they are idiots...when they attack and go for win...they are idiots...just kill them I think this was a great performance from our side...we played very aggressive cricket overall ...which should be very pleasant sight for any fan..
Who has blamed Dhoni for attacking captaincy ? This is not the joke section. :cantstop: Fifth day pitch on a track with uneven bounce from day one and seam movement too, Largest run chase in the history of the game on such a pitch Our team has psychological advantage SAF are known as chokers We almost lost in such a situation Everyone was rightfully expecting an Indian win. If you think that there would not be any disappointment in such a situation then you are dreaming. It was a collective failure on the part of our team on day 5. Only people who have no ambition to win can be happy in such a situation.
If this test is lost after being in such a powerful position then both the captain and coach need to show some honour and resign. It will be 0-9 on away tours under this comedy duo and enough is enough. The lethargic negative captaincy is just embarrassing and Dhoni shows no inclination to learn from previous horror tours. If anybody knows what Fletcher actually does it would be god to know as currently he is the most overpaid training cone in the world. The list of negatives they bring far outweighs any positives. We just cannot keep persisting with this dumb and dumber duo, just cannot.
Let me start off by saying that during our 8-0 period and test loss to England at home- I was the biggest critic of "dumb and dumber- lol". However, after seeing how a change of personell (kohli up the order, Pujara at 3, Jadeja, Muralia, Dhawan in, Sehwag, Gauti,Zak, Yuvi, VVS and Dravid out) changed us from a horrible test team to a super charged machine who handed australia their biggest test defeat since the 1970s made me in retrospect blame those horror test performances on ailing and failing Galacticoes rather than the Dhoni/Fletcher leadership. I think this is reinforced by the fact that prior to 8-0 etc, Dhoni had an almost flawless record as captain. And currently post England loss still has a flawless record. Overall his record reads: Played 50 W 25 L12 D12 lethargic negative captaincy- if anything I think he mis read the wicket/situation and was too positive by setting over attacking fields allowing RSA easy runs for 80% of their innings. He didn't even have a third man until late in the final session- meaning every outside edge/mishit flew to the boundary. Had he been more negative with his field setting- RSA would not have got any where close and would have finished day five 120 runs behind. But because of the fact India had set a world record chase, he didn't want to "die wondering" and be criticised for setting negative fields and went aggressively for the win until the last 45 mins of the match. personally I think a more attritional approach would have worked better- this was a sluggish wicket which had eased up a lot- the only way to get wickets was to build pressure (as evidenced by ABDV, FAF and duminy's **** ups and indias third innings mini collapse) Dhoni over attacked on Day 4 giving loads of easy leg side runs to Alviro Petersen, allowing RSA to get off to a flier in their 4th innings. After that- it was very difficult to pin them down with pressure as they changed their mindset from saving the game (negative, defensive) to pursuing victory (attacking, positive). He should have kept a 3rd man in a lot early to stem the flow of runs. Also bowlers were impatient- they went chasing for wickets leading to many half volleys that brought easy runs for RSA. That is not how it works. They should realise that seam bowling is about keeping it tight, building pressure and forcing the batsmen into a loss of concentration. They were put off the game by the wicket flattening out- that is to be expected. Looked what happened to the south african attack in centurion during india's first test of 2010 tour. It is not like subcontinental dust bowls that get progressively spicier. wrt fletcher- I think the Indian batting line ups excellent tactics of leaving well are all from Fletcher's brain with his knowledge of local conditions- he orchestrate england's last series victory in south africa. The young indian batsmen praise him so much- so he can't be that bad. You need a foreign coach for team india- very few ex Indian players have the know how of how to be successful abroad. Also- BBCI gave him nothing but scraps of daal and roti to get this team in shape for the first test- no warm up games, no acclimatisation period etc. He did well considering the limitations. Ultimately the only thing that would have took india over the line was picking a 4th seamer- and lets be honest how many would have done that before the start of the match.
Let me start off by saying that during our 8-0 period and test loss to England at home- I was the biggest critic of "dumb and dumber- lol". However, after seeing how a change of personell (kohli up the order, Pujara at 3, Jadeja, Muralia, Dhawan in, Sehwag, Gauti,Zak, Yuvi, VVS and Dravid out) changed us from a horrible test team to a super charged machine who handed australia their biggest test defeat since the 1970s made me in retrospect blame those horror test performances on ailing and failing Galacticoes rather than the Dhoni/Fletcher leadership. I think this is reinforced by the fact that prior to 8-0 etc, Dhoni had an almost flawless record as captain. And currently post England loss still has a flawless record. ........ Ultimately the only thing that would have took india over the line was picking a 4th seamer- and lets be honest how many would have done that before the start of the match.
Good post.. You can really feel the change in Indian batting under Fletcher. Pujara during home season was guilty of going after short balls often getting out to it, Kohli also cut down on his shots. Rahane who looked out of sorts vs Finn on home pitches dealt Steyn so beautifully. Its bowling that is a concern and no matter who coaches us or captains us, we will struggle until we find at least 2 world class bowlers. Zaheer is world class but he's on his last legs. We've had Venky, Eric Simmons and Joe Dawes, yet our bowling only reaches a new low every time.
He himself admitted that they attacked too much in the middle overs and that falls squarely on coach and captain. He is extremely lucky that they didn't go for the win. This would have been a devastating loss for this young team which I don't think would be easy to recover. To call what dhoni did today as attacking itself is wrong, it was total screw up on his part and that fatso part not to give any instructions to slow the rate down. They never went for win it was the easy runs which were gifted made it so close .
Good post.. You can really feel the change in Indian batting under Fletcher. Pujara during home season was guilty of going after short balls often getting out to it, Kohli also cut down on his shots. Rahane who looked out of sorts vs Finn on home pitches dealt Steyn so beautifully. Its bowling that is a concern and no matter who coaches us or captains us, we will struggle until we find at least 2 world class bowlers. Zaheer is world class but he's on his last legs. We've had Venky, Eric Simmons and Joe Dawes, yet our bowling only reaches a new low every time.
I think our poor bowling in recent years has been as much to do with having too much pressure/expectation on one or two bowlers combined with bad fielding. In this match- I think Ishant performed better as he knew he was backed up by Zak and Shami. He knew that everything didn't rest on his shoulders alone and consequently he could ease into his spells and keep it on a length and get wickets by building pressure. NO matter how good your individual bowlers are- unless you hunt in a pack you won't get wickets as good batsmen will just see you off at one end and then attack the poor bowler at the other end. If we continue to hunt in a pack like we did in this game- I can see the performances of all our bowlers improving. I can't think of any ATG bowler expect Richard Hadlee who didn't have a good bowling partner. We have Umesh, Bhuvi and Varun waiting in the wings so its not a dead end. I just wish we had a world class bowler like Alan Donald as our coach and not these booboos from Australia or South Africa who nobody has heard of.
He himself admitted that they attacked too much in the middle overs and that falls squarely on coach and captain. He is extremely lucky that they didn't go for the win. This would have been a devastating loss for this young team which I don't think would be easy to recover. To call what dhoni did today as attacking itself is wrong, it was total screw up on his part and that fatso part not to give any instructions to slow the rate down. They never went for win it was the easy runs which were gifted made it so close .
agree with the over attacking aspect- I was shocked that Dhoni didn't implement the following run slowing measures: encourage his bowlers to slow the over rate (but still keep it within legal limits), bowl a leg stump line with heavy leg side fields to make the batsmen really manufacture shots, put in a third man until late despite haemorrhaging so may runs there, bowl wide outside off stump with a heavy off side field