Asia Cup 2014

StriKe

Why it doesnt make sense to make Kohli captain until after World Cup Even if India had Michael Clarke as captain they will lose vs Australia and England. It could get really ugly. Dhoni is a waste overseas. It makes more sense to let him absorb those losses and get Kohli to become captain after the World Cup. What Dravid is saying makes sense. After the World Cup India have several series at home and that will allow Kohli to ease into the job. No need to scar the lad. With this pathetic bowling attack they arent going to win anything anyways.

"It makes more sense to let him absorb those losses and get Kohli to become captain after the World Cup." While this appears true at first glance, this is not a winner's mentality IMO. Aussies fired Mickey Arthur just before the Ashes campaign in England instead of thinking "let them lose under Mickey.We will then throw him out and bring in someone else" Though they lost 3-0 under Lehman, they played much better than the scoreline suggested. And just a few months later they thumped England 5-0. There is no need to allow this losing trend to continue till the world cup. By losing trend I don't mean results - I am referring to negative captaincy, favoritism, complacency and loser mindset of spinning losing performances into self congratulatory pats on the back.

Why it doesnt make sense to make Kohli captain until after World Cup

Throw him the in the fire. If he is captaincy material he will survive. After all' date=' he is a fierce character. If he cares about winning, he will do better than Jharkhandi.[/quote'] I agree. If it does not work out what's the worse that could happen? At least there is a chance that it might work out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhonis ODI captaincy is not at stake, the problem lies in Test cricket, a very very mediocre test player that he is, certainly does not deserve to be in the test squad, leave alone captaining the test side. With him being the test captain, he will continue to make erratic team selections, playing with his own brigade of R Jadeja, Ashwin, I Sharma, Zakh, stripping of opportunities to deserving players like Umesh Yadav, I Pandey, V Aaron, A Mishra, R Dhawan in Test Matches. When we dont have luxury of an All rounder in the team 5 bowlers are an absolute must to win test matches.

Let me put it this way - It can't get worse than this? We haven't won a single test match in ages now. This is going worse than back in the 90s where we looked atleast a little more competitive.
Tbf despite what the result suggest. This has been nothing like 0-8. We were favourites to win the Jo'burg test. Rain killed our advantage in Durban after we got a great start. In NZ 1st test we almost pulled off a miracle, while the 2nd we should've won inside 3 days.