Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

50 percent hike in pay for science research fellowships by Modi sarkar
Great step! - by any chance do you have a link to the circular? I would like to see who exactly it affects. I checked with some of the colleagues and they haven't receiving any hike. I am sure there would be hike - just need to identify the quantum.
^Yes this in particular is heartening - despite what people might say researchers should not be motivated by money your subject matter hi apna dhyeya and yada yada - aur khaaye kya mitti patthar? Hope the day isn't far when they do something similar for faculty salaries too - though the argument of cart before the bullock/egg-chicken will continue to hold as ever. If we do nothing about it we will never know.
That's a pretty rubbish argument. Motivation could come from any source - the problem is when conflict happens.

Modi @ Reliance hospital opening: 'Plastic surgeon may have fixed elephant's head on Ganesha' :wall: http://m.rediff.com/news/report/modi--reliance-hospital-opening-plastic-surgeon-may-have-fixed-elephants-head-on-ganesha/20141025.htm

"Mahabharata says Karna was not born out of his mother's womb. This means people then were aware of genetic science. There must have been a plastic surgeon who fixed an elephant's head on Ganesha," he said, adding what mathematician Aryabhata said centuries ago, world has accepted now.

PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai http://pib.nic.in/newsite/mbErel.aspx?relid=110800

The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today said India will undergo a renewal through the combined efforts of 125 crore Indians. He was speaking at the inauguration of the Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai. He said, just as this 90 year old hospital has undergone kayakalp (renewal), India too, can undergo a kayakalp. The Prime Minister expressed concern over India's health indicators such as infant mortality and maternal mortality. He said even if one child fell in a borewell, the entire country was worried, but we need to generate more awareness about the hundreds of children who are unable to survive due to lack of primary healthcare facilities. He said society and Government should together give priority to the poorest of poor and make whatever efforts we can to provide affordable health services. He said the Reliance Foundation Hospital was a step in that direction. The Prime Minister said medical equipment was gaining increasing importance in the field of healthcare, and the need of the hour is for India to manufacture such equipment, as part of the 'Make in India' programme, so that it became available to the poorest of people even in remote corners of India. Referring to the Digital India programme of the Union Government, he said one of the primary aims of this programme was to ensure advanced healthcare in remote areas through telemedicine, and access to the best education for poor. The Prime Minister called for a renewed thrust on preventive healthcare, saying that treatment is expensive, while prevention is economical. He said clean drinking water for all would be the biggest source of preventive healthcare. He congratulated the Government of Madhya Pradesh for its initiative of washing hands. The Prime Minister spoke of his suggestion at the United Nations for an International Yoga Day. He said holistic healthcare was a subject of interest across the world, and India could contribute a lot to this cause, through its rich heritage. He said India had a heritage where people desired the good of everyone. "A true leader works with the intention of wiping the tears of the poor," the Prime Minister said, reciting two shlokas. He congratulated the Reliance Foundation for its health outreach efforts in the neighbourhood communities. Smt. Kokilaben Ambani presented a memento to the Prime Minister. The Chairperson of Reliance Foundation Smt. Nita Ambani delivered the welcome address, and talked about the facilities available in the hospital. Shri Mukesh Ambani delivered a vote of thanks. The Governor of Maharashtra Shri C. Vidyasagar Rao, Shri Amitabh Bachchan, Shri Sachin Tendulkar, Rajya Sabha MP Shri Parimal Nathwani and many other distinguished guests and members of the Ambani family were also present on the occasion.
The regular OPD consultation charges is 1100/- and subsequent follow ups are 750/-. How the hell is the Reliance Hospital a step towards affordable health care services for the poor? Even I would find this steep. Wockhardt charged me 600/- during my previous visit. http://rfhospital.org/billing_payments.html

PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai http://pib.nic.in/newsite/mbErel.aspx?relid=110800 The regular OPD consultation charges is 1100/- and subsequent follow ups are 750/-. How the hell is the Reliance Hospital a step towards affordable health care services for the poor? Even I would find this steep. Wockhardt charged me 600/- during my previous visit. http://rfhospital.org/billing_payments.html
I believe the figure on the website you quoted is the charge for regular (non-subsidized) patients.
.... The hospital will reserve a fifth of its capacity for the underprivileged and provide 10 per cent beds for free to the needy and another 10 per cent at subsidised rates. Doctors have also been asked to conduct free surgeries and hold free weekly OPDs for the poor as well. ...... http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mumbai-sir-hn-reliance-foundation-hospital-to-be-inaugurated-by-pm-modi-today/508395-3-237.html

I believe the figure on the website you quoted is the charge for regular (non-subsidized) patients.
Cool. But, I believe this is mandatory according to a SC order because RHF is built on subsidized land Anyways, I hope that things materialize on the ground for the sake of the poor.

Great step! - by any chance do you have a link to the circular? I would like to see who exactly it affects. I checked with some of the colleagues and they haven't receiving any hike. I am sure there would be hike - just need to identify the quantum. That's a pretty rubbish argument. Motivation could come from any source - the problem is when conflict happens.
can't find link to circular. this is the article i read http://www.business-standard.com/article/government-press-release/dr-jitendra-singh-announces-hike-in-fellowship-amount-to-research-scientists-114102101127_1.html

Genetic sciences and cross species organ transplant during Mahabharata times - you must be kidding me.
Archaeologists made the discovery that the people of Indus Valley Civilization, even from the early Harappan periods (c. 3300 BCE), had knowledge of medicine and dentistry. The physical anthropologist that carried out the examinations, Professor Andrea Cucina from the University of Missouri-Columbia, made the discovery when he was cleaning the teeth from one of the men. Later research in the same area found evidence of teeth having been drilled, dating back 9,000 years to 7000 BCE.[20] Sushruta (c. 600 BCE other dates range from 1000 BCE to 900 CE)[21] was an early innovator of plastic surgery who taught and practiced surgery on the banks of the Ganges in the area that corresponds to the present day city of Benares in Northern India. Much of what is known about Sushruta is in Sanskrit contained in a series of volumes he authored, which are collectively known as the Sushrutha Samhita. It is the oldest known surgical text and it describes in detail the examination, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of numerous ailments, as well as procedures on performing various forms of cosmetic surgery, plastic surgery and rhinoplasty.[22] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_surgery#India

Genetic sciences and cross species organ transplant during Mahabharata times - you must be kidding me.
The thing is that people than had knowledge of these things.They knew these things could be possibly done.They may not have done it because of technological limitations but to think along those lines is very admirable.Ancient Hindu texts talk about flying vehicles their design resemble modern aircrafts.They talk about voice commands and auto pilots.Then the writings of devastating weapons similar to our nukes.The Indian texts said Sun was the center long before Copernicus or Galileo. Btw next time you have free time do look up Indus Valley civilization and how it has surprised people with its technological advancements.Earl8er it was thought that it was limited to near Indus and hence the name now its sites are found as far as Iran Afghanistan Northern India even central India.Practically nothing is known about how such a huge civilization died off suddenly.How people died on streets holding hands.Lots of amazing things to know about that civilization.

Modi @ Reliance hospital opening: 'Plastic surgeon may have fixed elephant's head on Ganesha' :wall: http://m.rediff.com/news/report/modi--reliance-hospital-opening-plastic-surgeon-may-have-fixed-elephants-head-on-ganesha/20141025.htm
I read about that. It is an embarrassment to hear PM speaking like this :wall: I used to hear these kind of stories from baba's in village but here goes our Modi Baba.

The thing is that people than had knowledge of these things.They knew these things could be possibly done.They may not have done it because of technological limitations but to think along those lines is very admirable.Ancient Hindu texts talk about flying vehicles their design resemble modern aircrafts.They talk about voice commands and auto pilots.Then the writings of devastating weapons similar to our nukes.The Indian texts said Sun was the center long before Copernicus or Galileo. Btw next time you have free time do look up Indus Valley civilization and how it has surprised people with its technological advancements.Earl8er it was thought that it was limited to near Indus and hence the name now its sites are found as far as Iran Afghanistan Northern India even central India.Practically nothing is known about how such a huge civilization died off suddenly.How people died on streets holding hands.Lots of amazing things to know about that civilization.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: There is a different between knowledge and fantasies.