Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

On 10/1/2020 at 4:43 PM, diga said:

RAILWAY BOARD CEO: FREIGHT LOADING RISES TO 102.12 MT IN SEPT 

Another indicator that economic activity is picking up .. 

Cargo vessel loading has also improved though it's not upto the level pre covid.

The MT which was getting loaded in 3 days was requiring upto 10 days. It's recovering now.

Edited by Straight Drive

On 9/18/2020 at 10:51 AM, Trichromatic said:

Biggest news during this phase just remained to one post on ICF and hardly drew any attention.

People are just happy that BJP is in power and keeping muslims in check. If Congress or some other party was in power, muslims would have taken over India by now. Small price to pay for the freedom to practise your religion.

Posting it here as I am too lazy to make a separate thread.. 

https://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/82-mous-with-investors-turned-into-actual-projects-past-10-years-tn-govt-120123001016_1.html

The Tamil Nadu Government has said that the conversion rate of MoUs with investors into actual projects during the last 10 years has been about 82.4 per cent.

The conversion rate of 98 MoUs signed during Global Investors Meet (GIM) 2015 was 72 per cent, while that of 304 MoUs signed during GIM 2019 was 89 per cent.

The conversion rate refers to projects that have commenced commercial production or are at various stages of implementation (such as purchase of land, application for clearances or trial production) as a percentage of the total number of MoU projects, said the State Industries Department. It refuted reports that only 9.4 per cent of the investment proposals in the state were actually converted to projects in the past 10 years.

Thats a very good hit rate over last 10 years... :two_thumbs_up:

On 9/10/2019 at 12:32 PM, Tibarn said:

More evidence that state-level reforms can only go so far and national-level reforms are necessary. Garbage state governments, like the ones that Kerala seem to be perpetually cursed with will destroy anything when given enough leeway/space.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/muthoot-plans-closure-of-300-branches/article29326249.ece

Incidentally, Muthoot, the founder of the pawn shop financial corporation, passed away this week. 

Privatization drive of PSU assets. This is the road ahead. Govt need not run toll booths 

These assets include toll road bundles, ports, cruise terminals, telecom infrastructure, oil and gas pipelines, transmission towers, railway stations, sports stadia, mountain railways, operational metro sections, warehouses and commercial complexes. If entities being privatised hold real estate, this will be transferred to a land management agency for disposal to expedite the process.

Edited by coffee_rules

This problem is mainly because of overpopulated northern states inability to control their population or provide job opportunities to their citizens. Why don't you go and rectify that?  Stop asking other states to tackle your problems.

5 hours ago, Tibarn said:

1 minute ago, Stan AF said:

This problem is mainly because of overpopulated northern states inability to control their population or provide job opportunities to their citizens. Why don't you go and rectify that?  Stop asking other states to tackle your problems.

Bud, go bitch at someone else. My state doesn't have an "overpopulation" problem and it is criticized in the 2nd article as one of the states who thought this kind of policy was a good idea.  I am criticizing all the states who pass these types of stupid laws. That you are an insecure about criticism leveled at your state/favourite party isn't my concern.  

I will call out what I think are stupid policies wherever and whenever I want.  

14 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Bud, go bitch at someone else. My state doesn't have an "overpopulation" problem and it is criticized in the 2nd article as one of the states who thought this kind of policy was a good idea.  I am criticizing all the states who pass these types of stupid laws. That you are an insecure about criticism leveled at your state/favourite party isn't my concern.  

I will call out what I think are stupid policies wherever and whenever I want.  

blah blah blah.

The fact is N.I is indeed overpopulated and their residents go to other states looking for work. Rather than criticizing the symptom address the root of the problem. But I understand why you choose to overlook that.

State governments primary responsibility is to look after their state citizens first and locals employment is a major concern in these pandemic times. Deal with it, idiot.

Edited by Stan AF